• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I finally have internet! I can finally come back into the anime and manga threads without worrying that it will absolutely destroy my data cap! \o/

Usobuko

Banned
@Moteki

You know, I'm not really that far ahead of the Eng release but I have never came across any indication that Aki Doi 'did it for revenge'. I still think her thoughts are hilarious to read.

J4yOMWU.png

i just dont understand the direction the story is trying to take....

Probably in the line of 'growing up from adolescence' but like Boys on the Run, our protagonist is near his thirties instead.

scy

I double-checked with the mods and they're cool with it, seeing as it's on the official Shonen Jump Plus site, as long we make it quite clear that, as with all To Love-Ru Darkness material, it's
obviously NSFW:

http://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/tOeNR26r2SlDbAdQ/index.html

The squares in the bottom corners are the areas to click to go forward/back through the pages. Besides that, just click around the panels on anything that looks obviously ecchi.

But really, Dresden's right, it's not terribly interesting... but if you're curious enough (and no one's looking over your shoulder), go ahead and check it out.

Huh.

Huh?

zeromcd73

I double-checked with the mods and they're cool with it, seeing as it's on the official Shonen Jump Plus site, as long we make it quite clear that, as with all To Love-Ru Darkness material, it's
obviously NSFW:

http://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/tOeNR26r2SlDbAdQ/index.html

The squares in the bottom corners are the areas to click to go forward/back through the pages. Besides that, just click around the panels on anything that looks obviously ecchi.

But really, Dresden's right, it's not terribly interesting... but if you're curious enough (and no one's looking over your shoulder), go ahead and check it out.
Thank you technology.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Last game 1

I can tell that I'm going to like this a lot.

Also this girl ain't dumb. She knows what she wants and is going for it.

Usobuko

Banned
Waga na wa Umishi 113 ( up to latest Eng release )

I appreciate the fact that the mangaka put into a lot of research for this manga, sometimes it resemble a documentary with its insightful commentaries and informations about salvage. Pacing was good, it hard to put off the manga once you start an arc. There plenty of moments meant to keep you on the edge of your seat. I mistakenly assumed that 113 would going to be the last chapter which was why I thought coming right after LPG arc, it would feel that the series end abruptly. The interactions and banter between characters provide a good contrast to the seriousness of their occupation. I'm interested to see the future of the crew as well as Rintarou's love interest. I always thought Maya was awkwardly drawn though, her face looks 'off' at times. The art wasn't exactly exemplary but it does its job, mostly on the danger lurking in the depth of the ocean.

Also, a pity since this manga isn't completed yet. I don't really want to wait and forgot about the details still fresh in my mind, so I'm going to read other languages release.

Antiwhippy

I thought the art in wa ga na is fantastic actually. Well, the ship art is. The human art can be pretty iffy.

Last Game 2

C74fGU1.png

Ohmigosh Yanagi is too adorable. <3

Usobuko

Banned
I thought the art in wa ga na is fantastic actually. Well, the ship art is. The human art can be pretty iffy.

I didn't think it was bad though, sometime along the line of 7.5/10. It's a bit up to one's preferences but distinctive art style is always a plus for me and wa ga na has it.

Yes, I like how the ship was drawn too.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah, I definitely can see why people might think it's not that great.

You're lucky that you can finish it off in other languages though. There're only 3 volumes left from the current chapters so I'm guessing the current arc is the final one.

Kurita

I Am a Hero vol.11

The impressive thing about this manga is that even the side-stories (?) are as thrilling and well-written as the main story.
I wrote "side-stories (?)" because I'm sure the characters we've been following in this volume (and the previous one) will meet Hiro at the school.

Usobuko

Banned
There're only 3 volumes left from the current chapters so I'm guessing the current arc is the final one.

It's sufficient for satisfactory conclusion.

It's this arc he grown the most as the boss of the company.It's not to nitpick on the other previous arc, I thought they were all great. It just that this arc shown him move forward much more than the others.

Antiwhippy

It's sufficient for satisfactory conclusion.

It's this arc he grown the most as the boss of the company.It's not to nitpick on the other previous arc, I thought they were all great. It just that this arc shown him move forward much more than the others.

I think it's been a graduate build. The LPG tanker arc shown that he was finally willing to fully embrace all the parts of being a salvor.

Usobuko

Banned
Possible to have an action category for recs in the new OT? Just smut and non-smut is not as interesting. That way we could make add stuff like Vinland Saga and make space for Hinamatsuri :)

kasane

I Am a Hero vol.11

The impressive thing about this manga is that even the side-stories (?) are as thrilling and well-written as the main story.
I wrote "side-stories (?)" because I'm sure the characters we've been following in this volume (and the previous one) will meet Hiro at the school.
Only problem o had with it was it made me confused for a bit

Antiwhippy

Possible to have an action category for recs in the new OT? Just smut and non-smut is not as interesting. That way we could make add stuff like Vinland Saga and make space for Hinamatsuri :)

Why would Hinamatsuri be classified under action?

I feel like vinland saga had been on the banner before. The banner relies on the zeitgeist of the thread and there hasn't been much for the manga since farmland saga. :p

Usobuko

Banned
Why would Hinamatsuri be classified under action?

I feel like vinland saga had been on the banner before. The banner relies on the zeitgeist of the thread and there hasn't been much for the manga since farmland saga. :p

I meant make way for Hinamatsuri for the non-smut banner! You could bump Kingdom/Magi to action etc.

Revo

dude calm down.
ITS GOING TO BE EVEN WORSE FROM HERE

I can somewhat deal with stupid romance bullshit but the entire 'like the guy she previously liked but not dead' is just pls.

Suzuka 24-29

Unsure if we were doing 0-29 or 0-30 so i'll spoiler 30 stuff. At least he lost. Guess things are back to about how they were before+a bit better? maybe. Really glad he lost.

Oh boy, pool chapters. How lovely

Zweizer

Banned
I finally have internet! I can finally come back into the anime and manga threads without worrying that it will absolutely destroy my data cap! \o/

I hope you received my gift~

Y'all better link me to your impressions up to chapter 30 if you want to avoid KNIM avatars

Mine are broken into 7 parts so far (and I should fulfill the quota today). Do I link them all in a big post or something?

Antiwhippy

Last game 3

Oh wow, this jumps all the way to uni?

I wholeheartedly approve of romance mangas that don't try to take place in high schools all the goddamn time so I approve of this.

I hope you received my gift~

Mine are broken into 7 parts so far (and I should fulfill the quota today). Do I link them all in a big post or something?

nah, just link me to your chapter 30 impression in a PM or something and that'll be fine.

Can't really stop people from lying and saying they've read it but I have an idea who has been posting about it all along.

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch27

Oh boy you call the other guy stuck-up but you think Suzuka's fine?

Suzuka ch28

An idiot only needs an idiotic encouragement.

Suzuka ch29

What an unlikable pair~

Suzuka ch30

A moron who sticks to unlikable people.

And with that I finished the 30 chapters of the first week. Joy.

Antiwhippy

Last game is like the gender reversed version of nozaki's and sakura's relationship.

Or is nozaki the gender reversed version of last game's relationship?

I can't tell anymore.

Hinomaru Zumou 02

At this point, it's just a generic sports manga with SUMO as the special thing.

Not even all the half naked men interest me to keep reading.
I really don't think you are giving KAWADA enough credit. It's probably one of the most refined, polished and pure works I have ver seen out of a rookie. The paneling and expressions are veteran level. You don't have to look far to wonder why Japanese audiences are falling in love with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom