• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH

MY

GOD

There is a clickable version of To Love Ru Darkness chapter 38 allowing me to do some shameless things to the girls.

This is the best thing to have ever happened.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Love that transcends the laws of mortal men is the truest love.

Hinomaru Zumou 02

At this point, it's just a generic sports manga with SUMO as the special thing.

Not even all the half naked men interest me to keep reading.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
OH

MY

GOD

There is a clickable version of To Love Ru Darkness chapter 38 allowing me to do some shameless things to the girls.

This is the best thing to have ever happened.

receipts.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Glass Mask Vol. 1-3

A story about a young girl and her dream to become an actress. Maya is a girl with low self-esteem and a poor background but she was born with a talent to tell tales by impersonating other characters.

This is caught on by Chigusa Tsukikage, an old actress that is trying to extend her existence into immortality by hand-raising the perfect actress to re-do her old role in "The Crimson Goddess".

Tsukikage takes advantage of Maya issues with her mother and her own self-esteem to take Maya under her wing, while her actions are ultimately helping Maya reach her dream, they are selfish actions with the goal of furthering her own ego.

The series paints Maya as an underdog in her rivalry with Ayumi, talent girl and daughter of a famous actress and a director, but despite the difference between the two, Maya is herself an extremely talented person able to perform at a high level despite her lack of experience.

Despite her talent, Maya does push herself to her limits to be able to understand or create a character, be it by living as a character for an entire week, or literally pushing herself to near death so she can understand what it is like to be in that position. Often times Tsukikage herself is the one to push Maya for such actions, not being afraid of abusing Maya for he to be able to grow as an actress.

The side-characters also add to the story, nearly everyone has their own motivation and goals and aren't afraid of taking measures to achieve their goals, there's a bigger world than just Maya dream of becoming an actress and the series manage to make that clear via it's side-characters.

The art itself is pleasant to the eye, very shoujo with some hints of Astroboy/Disney in some of the ligther scenes. With that said the panels can be a bit hard to follow at times, and so far that would be my biggest issue with the series.

The best thing I can say about the series is that I got lost reading it for hours, and despite reading 300-400 pages in a row I was still eager to continue reading and always made sure to carefully read all the lines rather than just skim over the text in a hurry to get to the next part of the story. I simply got lost and absorbed into the story and the characters struggles that I continued to read without realizing how long I had been reading.

Yay!

Man, if you think maya is pushed to near death already, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Also tsukikage is super selfish in her desire to have maya inherit her will in a way but maya is equally desperate to fulfill her dreams. She can push herself just as hard. It's kind of a weird, mutually beneficial relationship.

Can't wait for you to hit vol 4-5. While I love the beginning those volumes I feel are the first truly AMAZING ones.

Dresden

tsuyokute new saga
re: monster
tate no yuusha no nariagari

-

It's like seeing amerifantasy with game shit printed on page. "Aragorn swung his 2d4+5 enchanted longsword at the Level 7 goblin." MMOs can be an interesting setting (see: Log Horizon), but it's basically become a lazy backdrop for these light novels and manga and adaptations of light novels in the same way that a Terry Brooks perverts Tolkien.

e: ^ to expand on that thought a little - it's more akin to Urban Fantasy, in that trappings of the genre have become codified to a point where deviating from it is not only uncomfortable for the writer, it's unwelcome for its fans as well. Hopefully they die out soon.

Out of these three, Tate no Yuusha was the most readable one, though Raphtalia going from child to adult in the span of basically one night was weird. It's also a lazy victim fantasy with a waif so devoted she's willing to go back into slavery for the lead.

Tsuyokute is garbage, along with re:monster.

Shengar

Tsuyokute is garbage, along with re:monster.

The only thing that makes me keep radi Re:Monster is how the Goblin formed a WAAGH horde when a smart one born among them. But the MMO jargons are all completely unnecessary as it is pointless. I really wished that instead someone reborn into this MMO-like world which the status itself being a game world have yet to be confirmed fully, he reborn in fully-fleshed fantasy world, focusing on how he formed a WAAAGH, not sprouting random MMO jargons.

Articalys

I don't think I'm allowed to post the link because of the rules.

I think I can at least post a gif of the "safest" page.

Click.

The bandages flying off Yami is the next leading steps in the future of lewd.
I double-checked with the mods and they're cool with it, seeing as it's on the official Shonen Jump Plus site, as long we make it quite clear that, as with all To Love-Ru Darkness material, it's
obviously NSFW:

http://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/tOeNR26r2SlDbAdQ/index.html

The squares in the bottom corners are the areas to click to go forward/back through the pages. Besides that, just click around the panels on anything that looks obviously ecchi.

But really, Dresden's right, it's not terribly interesting... but if you're curious enough (and no one's looking over your shoulder), go ahead and check it out.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I double-checked with the mods and they're cool with it, seeing as it's on the official Shonen Jump Plus site, as long we make it quite clear that, as with all To Love-Ru Darkness material, it's
obviously NSFW:

But really, Dresden's right, it's not really that interesting... but if you're curious enough (and no one's looking over your shoulder), go ahead and check it out.
What am i doing?

kasane

obviously NSFW:

The squares in the bottom corners are the areas to click to go forward/back through the pages. Besides that, just click around the panels on anything that looks obviously ecchi.

But really, Dresden's right, it's not terribly interesting... but if you're curious enough (and no one's looking over your shoulder), go ahead and check it out.

G.O.A.T

Dresden

The only thing that makes me keep radi Re:Monster is how the Goblin formed a WAAGH horde when a smart one born among them. But the MMO jargons are all completely unnecessary as it is pointless. I really wished that instead someone reborn into this MMO-like world which the status itself being a game world have yet to be confirmed fully, he reborn in fully-fleshed fantasy world, focusing on how he formed a WAAAGH, not sprouting random MMO jargons.

It'd be interesting if there was a series where the hero believed he was in a MMO, but was actually in a real fantasy world. Chuuuuuni.

Stravaganza - Isai no Hime Ch. 3

dem duel shield tactics

This is pretty good. Good art. I should read Reiroukan.

e: dat ass: the manga

AFqxb4c.png

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Moteki Ch.1

i am so tight right now, the first girl is horrible. if i read the horrible translation correctly, she wants revenge on him since her boyfriend broke up with her because of hanging out with the protag?

kasane

Moteki Ch.1

i am so tight right now, the first girl is horrible. if i read the horrible translation correctly, she wants revenge on him since her boyfriend broke up with her because of hanging out with the protag?

Tbh i think the whole point of the manga is to troll the readers and make them suffer

Shengar

obviously NSFW:

W-why am I clicking at every place possible D:

Usobuko

Banned
Moteki Ch.1

What? Aki Doi?

I think you got it totally wrong. Granted I have not finish, the best part of this manga is actually reading her thoughts.

Hetalia World Stars 01-02

xmyPElOl.jpg

Everyone's favorite personified countries now gets personified emperors too?

I guess pretty amusing we're going back to more history now.

Kieli

What? Aki Doi?

I think you got it totally wrong. Granted I have not finish, the best part of this manga is actually reading her thoughts.

Well, I think you're both right.

She likes him. But I think she also wanted to use him to get revenge at her ex.

dumbyugi

Man, even though I've had the net back since Tuesday it's taken me all week to properly sit down and read some manga. I've caught up to a few series but I've still got quite a bit to go.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi END

A good enough ending. The one minor thing I didn't like is that Kenichi and Miu didn't become a couple on screen. I know that the last page clearly shows that they got married and have a kid but I would have liked to have seen it happen. Overall I really enjoyed this series and I'll look foward to reading the authors next work. 9/10

Shokugeki no Soma

It's not that this match has been awful but there is zero tension to it. The stakes are way too high for Soma to possibly lose. I hope he loses the final match at least, though I have my doubts.

Hayate the Combat Buttler

Finally returning to the mansion. I have to say that the gags in these latest few chapters have been the best in ages. I wonder if the plot will actually continue to move foward or if we'll go back to joke chapters again for a while?

UQ Holder!

Santa is a dumb name. Him being a ghost makes me wonder what happened to the ghost girl from Negima. Unless something happened with her in Negima and I just don't remember.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I have been reading Berserk, currently on chapter 23, its good stuff, I also notice once it hit the sorta "flashback" the ar has gone up in quality exponentially, like before I noticed that Guts looked skinnier than his modern look, and seeing guts as a teen basically looking the same size but his full adult self in the flashback is now looking much bulkier and more like the pictures ive seen of him.

Also I cant help but draw comparisons to fire emblem 8/9 wih Ike, Was path of radiance and radiant dawn heavily inspired by berserk?

obviously NSFW:

I swear to god I was clicking on the first page when my sister came out of her room.
Almost got a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom