• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

3-gatsu no Lion vol.10

Ship sailed. This is how you do it.

Only way to save Jump is by having a sequel to Eyeshield 21, I'm telling you!

There are dozens of us waiting for it, dozens!

Eyeshield 21 Sequel with a new cast would be fucking amazing.

One of the greatest mangas of all time. Can't decide if slam dunk or eyeshield 21 is the best sports manga.

Holy shit, that chapter with the the Mom who took him in.

How this manga and Silver Spoon are not on shelves in English I don't understand.

And volume 11 gets even better. With that pickup in speed, I hope more people will discuss it in here, I wanna read comments about the those events.

Can't wait for volume 11. I love this manga so much. It gives you that pleasant feeling of sitting in a small bus shelter in the middle of a thunderstorm. Easily in my top 5 current on-goings.

Yeah, the speed was a pain. I think there was a one year stretch when we only got 1 chapter!

3-gatsu no Lion vol.10

THAT'S MY MOTHERFUCKIN BOY

YOU GO REI SHOW THAT SHITTY FATHER WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF
You guys make manga OT great.

Damn, I still have little interest in Shogi but I always buy the app whenever a gatsu volume drops. Beautiful stuff.

I also for some inexplicable reason buy a football whenever I reread the GOAT sports manga EYESHIELD 21

kasane

eyeshiled is one of the best mangas but it aint the best sports manga. Come on theres so much good ones, slam dunk, real, tetsuwan girl, basically all of adachis works.

Joyful

Adam to Eve ch1

invisible people and a yakuza guy drinking alcohol through his nose
Im already intrugued and ofc its by hideo yamamoto
wew lad

Didn't Naruto get like two months notice?

I know Dragon Ball got that short notice and shocked everyone.

IIrc Kishi mentioned Naruto ending that year quite early. Well it was clear from the story that Team 7 vs Kaguya was the final battle till the inevitable Naruto vs Sasuke. Naruto also got the its ending in 5/6 chapters announcement. Seems like Kubo did not time things properly or maybe things were cut short?

What does WSJ have now? Haikyuu and One Piece.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san 5
Hmm....
*adding cute girl eating spicy stuff into my fav. list.

damn lewd if you asked me said:
En7vvuz.jpg

Started reading the Korean Webtoon Que Sera Sera but I stopped and immediately dropped it when I got so angry at a character in it that I had to take a break.

The story is about this woman who gets pregnant with her boss/friend's younger brother by accident. She's known him since forever, etc. etc. they all grew up together and have their different circumstances. The Main Girl doesn't want a kid, she's pretty happy living her worker's life. The younger brother is desperately trying to get a job so his sister doesn't have to basically be his mom since their parents are dead and she pays his tuition but wants to have a family in the future when he is financially stable. And the sister is married and is desperately trying to have a kid with her husband who does not want a child and has been trying for years without success.

So she gets preggo. And doesn't tell the brother because he gets a job that will send him to China for a couple years. And then the sister finds out that she's preggo and confronts her in the car where she lies about who got her pregnant and the MC says she doesn't want to have the baby and the sister says that if she doesn't have this kid she will hate her for life.

And I just like, lost it. Like you fucking awful cunt. Fuck you. You stupid, awful person. The sister fucking steals from the company and the husband knows it and lets it happen and she uses the money for her fertility treatments and in vitro stuff. And I just got so goddam angry at this awful fucking human being that would dare fucking say something like that to someone else about what they should do with her body and choice and in her situation.

Get the abortion and get that fucking shitbag out of your life. GOD.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Started reading the Korean Webtoon Que Sera Sera but I stopped and immediately dropped it when I got so angry at a character in it that I had to take a break.

The story is about this woman who gets pregnant with her boss/friend's younger brother by accident. She's known him since forever, etc. etc. they all grew up together and have their different circumstances. The Main Girl doesn't want a kid, she's pretty happy living her worker's life. The younger brother is desperately trying to get a job so his sister doesn't have to basically be his mom since their parents are dead and she pays his tuition but wants to have a family in the future when he is financially stable. And the sister is married and is desperately trying to have a kid with her husband who does not want a child and has been trying for years without success.

So she gets preggo. And doesn't tell the brother because he gets a job that will send him to China for a couple years. And then the sister finds out that she's preggo and confronts her in the car where she lies about who got her pregnant and the MC says she doesn't want to have the baby and the sister says that if she doesn't have this kid she will hate her for life.

And I just like, lost it. Like you fucking awful cunt. Fuck you. You stupid, awful person. The sister fucking steals from the company and the husband knows it and lets it happen and she uses the money for her fertility treatments and in vitro stuff. And I just got so goddam angry at this awful fucking human being that would dare fucking say something like that to someone else about what they should do with her body and choice and in her situation.

Sounds like korean alright. Has a lot of fucked up things over there.

Shengar

That's an Asian soap opera alright.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Hinomaru-Zumou 1-90

Holyshit was that an awesome read, the premise is fairly cliche but it would pretty damn hard to find it at well excuted, as this, almost every character serves a purpose within the story very few waste characters that are introduced based on a whim or the author thought it was a cool design as is common in shounen manga's the story is very well planed and paced and constantly moving. There's a rare sense of intensity to it all which is fairly strange considering the manga is about highshoolers, you could swap them out with adults and honestly the story would change much outside of the base premise.

The best thing about it is how linked everything is about it, the the character development build ups and cycless how they culminate in arc climaxes for several different characters and still remain important 90 chapters in, the general feeliing the MC aren't foregon conclusions winners of this thing and it can go any number of ways.

Also there's awesome moments like these

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How strange, the latest Viz Jump doesn't mention that HxH is going on hiatus. Normally it would. It does mention that One Piece is off for a week, but nothing about HxH going away.

upandaway

How strange, the latest Viz Jump doesn't mention that HxH is going on hiatus. Normally it would. It does mention that One Piece is off for a week, but nothing about HxH going away.
Well maybe it was a trick and it's not actually going on hiatus. Maybe we were all fooled.

Food Wars!

Seafood with Kurokiba Ryou, Yukihira Soma, and a over the top blatantly bad antgaonist, easy win indeed.

Also I hope the Food Wars dub will have Alice talk the way Viz has her talk.

Seraph of the End 47
Cmi4aR2XgAASSsW.jpg:large

Finally he woke up.

Im glad we're finally getting the background that was so needed. What is the seraph of the end and what is the leading guidance behind why everyone is doing it. Guren especially but also the revival. Eight years ago is before time skip and before Guren's and their second death so explanation is needed. I need to read my copies of the LN fast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ReLIFE

I can't wait for the inevitable arc where Hishiron doesn't know how to eat a hamburger.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kare Kano 1-end

I'm surprised at the amount of times I just wanted to ship the main couple with their best friends instead of each other, lol. I think the author gets a little carried away with the idea that best friends always are a little gay with each other or something.

Also what is with the creepy 16 year old girl + over 30 dude relationships, jeez. I hate those.

All in all I didn't enjoy it that much, I guess? Sometimes it had neat ideas though.

Kieli

Shokugeki no Soma 173

So many evil faces.

The evil faces were meh. Am I, the reader, supposed to feel tension & suspense when it comes from scrub characters?

When I see Asura or Dojima or Senzaemon get spookeh, then I shit my pants.

Also don't understand why Yoshino is freaking out. Does she not realize she's getting carried by a superteam of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Kevin Durant Alice, Kurokiba, and Soma?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The evil faces were meh. Am I, the reader, supposed to feel tension & suspense when it comes from scrub characters?

Also don't understand why Yoshino is freaking out. Does she not realize she's getting carried by a superteam of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Kevin Durant Alice, Kurokiba, and Soma?

It's because Yoshino's purpose in being there is to freak out. At this point even Tadokoro freaking out is sort of nonsensical.

Shengar

Hinomaru-Zumou 1-90

Holyshit was that an awesome read, the premise is fairly cliche but it would pretty damn hard to find it at well excuted, as this, almost every character serves a purpose within the story very few waste characters that are introduced based on a whim or the author thought it was a cool design as is common in shounen manga's the story is very well planed and paced and constantly moving. There's a rare sense of intensity to it all which is fairly strange considering the manga is about highshoolers, you could swap them out with adults and honestly the story would change much outside of the base premise.

The best thing about it is how linked everything is about it, the the character development build ups and cycless how they culminate in arc climaxes for several different characters and still remain important 90 chapters in, the general feeliing the MC aren't foregon conclusions winners of this thing and it can go any number of ways.

Also there's awesome moments like these

Looks cool. Gonna checked it out.

Kieli

Pretty much. I mean they have the best chance of any other team. Its just to add at least some tension, even though we know they'll get by no problem.

If Yoshino loses her cool at some spoilt ingredients judged by a scrublord, then she deserves to wash out of Totsuki.

Angry Grimace

If Yoshino loses her cool at some spoilt ingredients judged by a scrublord, then she deserves to wash out of Totsuki.
The first stage exists just so that they can prove what badasses they are. This old lady is about as threatening as the real estate lady from chapter 1.

At point some of the dorm people probably have to actually fail out, though.

The first stage exists just so that they can prove what badasses they are. This old lady is about as threatening as the real estate lady from chapter 1.

I have a premonition that the dish will make her "feel young again" so we can have a gratuitous strip shot.

I honestly don't see that happening. I'd bet even all the lesser dorm characters will end up graduating.

Reason being, if the author wants to fail students to make something seem difficult, thats what all the nameless regular students are for. Also, it would completely change the dorm they all live in as it would no longer be this lively place if its residents started disappearing.

Furumapura 10
That moment when you realise you've been played like a game of tennis. Good on her to keep her sentiments bottled up at the end. Also Shiori's an effective negotiator and I'd like to see her put her tactics to work in the near future.

Ascheroth

I don't think you're supposed to feel tension and suspense because of evil granny.
Rather looking forward to how they wipe the floor with all those scrubs and shut them all up while everyone works against them.

It's a basic underdog scenario.

Wiseblade

eyeshiled is one of the best mangas but it aint the best sports manga. Come on theres so much good ones, slam dunk, real, tetsuwan girl, basically all of adachis works.

Haikyuu is effectively Jump's ES21.

Oh man, in a Weekly Shonen Jump without Naruto, Toriko & Bleach the three biggest draws become:

One Piece
Haikyuu
My Hero Academia

with World Trigger slowly cementing its place as the Naruto & Bleach hybrid that less popular than either.

The cynical part of me thinks that Shueisha only let Naruto & Bleach end because MHA & Haikyuu are doing so well...

Kurita

Oh man, in a Weekly Shonen Jump without Naruto, Toriko & Bleach the three biggest draws become:

One Piece
Haikyuu
My Hero Academia

with World Trigger slowly cementing its place as the Naruto & Bleach hybrid that less popular than either.
Well Haikyuu was already a bigger draw than Toriko

Arabesque

But Shueisha pushed Toriko so hard!

And so much that managed to do for them.

It might have managed to be a successful series had Toei not botched up the anime*, but at the end of the day, Toriko never became the hit that it was pushed out to be.

So not much of a loss with it and Bleach out of the magazine. More room for new things to start and established series to grow.

*something that Torkio and World Trigger now share, sadly. Then again, World Trigger is a step away from going into hiatus so it never had a shot at being mega popular.

Jintor

mmuranase hat animal academy manga

I don't mind animals acting human and I don't mind humans who have animal taiks or whatever but goddamnit decide on one or the other, please

Mc is an asshole but thankfully human girl is actually part of the adventures so it'll do

Holy shit that color spread when she ate the dish

One Piece
Haikyuu
My Hero Academia

The cynical part of me thinks that Shueisha only let Naruto & Bleach end because MHA & Haikyuu are doing so well...
Those 3 are so great so it's perfect! But isn't Black Clover pretty popular right now?

Also im excited to see what wsj will replace them with since the west sj seems to want to replace the soon ending series with Haikyu and the likes.

Angry Grimace

I honestly don't see that happening. I'd bet even all the lesser dorm characters will end up graduating.

Reason being, if the author wants to fail students to make something seem difficult, thats what all the nameless regular students are for. Also, it would completely change the dorm they all live in as it would no longer be this lively place if its residents started disappearing.

I guess, but its pretty obvious students like Yoshino are significantly less good than Soma and Co. are. Tadokoro's already filling the slot of Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass.

Choujin Gakuen 34

Poor Higan. No respect. For a dude who is constantly shit on, how did he even get her as his wife?

But holy shit, that Wisdom Emperor summoning Light and Darkness back and that spread of him saying "KNEEL BEFORE ME" and crushing everyone to the ground.

Holy damn shit. Also kinda important reveal that Eve's temptation was Light the whole time.

AGH OH MY GOD SO MANY MEGATONS DROPPING THIS CHAPTER HOLY CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom