• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Haikyuu!! hype.
CmokKNSWIAAUGw7.jpg:large

Cwarrior

Haikyuu is effectively Jump's ES21.

Oh man, in a Weekly Shonen Jump without Naruto, Toriko & Bleach the three biggest draws become:

One Piece
Haikyuu
My Hero Academia

with World Trigger slowly cementing its place as the Naruto & Bleach hybrid that less popular than either.

The cynical part of me thinks that Shueisha only let Naruto & Bleach end because MHA & Haikyuu are doing so well...

World trigger has less in common with naruto or bleach then any other shounen on the market.

With it's hiatus due to the mangka poor health early on it was never in a position to be the next megaton.dissipate it's anime airing 6:30am in the damn morning it was a success and got second season quickly green lit then run of chapters to adapt.

Last year it sold 2,735,269 it's pretty much a mid tier success along with boku no hero which sold less at 2,190,845.

Boku no hero was pushed pretty hard with a funimation deal and it's anime airing in the same time slot as (Fma brotherhood,magi,blue exorcist) it 's tv rating tanked but it did push manga sells.

Shueisha needs assassination classroom, haikyuu and kingdom level successes(6+ million sellers)

Black clover looks like a pretty easy sell,it has the most chance to become a heavy hitter(only read the first chapter lol).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

This guy's harem is fucking ridiculous. Yamada just keeps getting more girls
KuGsj.gif

Kieli

And so much that managed to do for them.

It might have managed to be a successful series had Toei not botched up the anime*, but at the end of the day, Toriko never became the hit that it was pushed out to be.

So not much of a loss with it and Bleach out of the magazine. More room for new things to start and established series to grow.

*something that Torkio and World Trigger now share, sadly. Then again, World Trigger is a step away from going into hiatus so it never had a shot at being mega popular.

World Trigger is pretty bad, though I still read and like it. :D

Dansan Joshi 6

I didn't know smelling old men in a park was such a common thing

Dansan Joshi 7

well that sure was lewd

I guess, but its pretty obvious students like Yoshino are significantly less good than Soma and Co. are. Tadokoro's already filling the slot of Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass.

lol

dani_dc

I Am a Hero 231

There's no way Hiromi will use since she has a bigger role to play.
Though it does cement Hiromi as a murder for killing Oda.

Really not sure where the story is going with this.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 220

Dare I hope Mari being attacked leads to Meiko reverting?

Chairman's Bizarre Adventure continues to be the best storyline here.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 5.5
Zero Communication, I Didn't Talk to Anyone Again Today. For better or worse, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the gender disparity in this manga.

Tejina Senpai 20

A more unscrupulous guy would take advantage of senpai right now, but I have faith in assistant-kun to do the right thing. Naturally the right thing is to [continued next chapter]

S Watari-san to M Mura-kun 1
A perfect girl who's a capital S and a perfect guy who's a capital M discover each-other's fetishes. Wacky comedy hijinks will doubtlessly ensue, and will probably culminate in the pair deciding to lead a fulfilling, abuse-centred life together. Until then, I'll just enjoy watching the guy get stepped on.

LeleSocho

Banned
Yo! i got an European code for Conveni Dream a conbini simulator for the 3ds and i want to give it to you guys.

If you want it though you have to tell me how is it called the character that controls and is inside Danbo in the manga Yotsuba&! (Please send me a PM so we'll avoid to litter the thread)

If the code has been taken i'll edit this post

Edit: TAKEN

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch220

Gee, poor Kiyoshi. Such ingratitude.

Chairman totally deserves his own spin-off.

Yome ga Kore na Monde. ch10

These would make for some awesome vacation pictures.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch5.5

It's tough being introvert.

Tejina Senpai ch20

Gotta wonder how senpai managed to live up to now considering how vulnerable she is.

Kurita

Anyone ever used the Japanese version of Bookwalker?
I'd like to re-read Eyeshield 21 in Japanese so I was wondering if you can actually purchase and read stuff on your tablet even if you're not in Japan.

Edit : seems like you can! Oh yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Zweizer

Banned
Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko ch15

They should play more games. Makes working more fun.

S Watari-san to M Mura-kun ch1 by Hideki

Behind their facade of perfection, an extreme S meets an extreme M.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Fire punch 11
Lmao, Sam Raimi spiderman 2 reference!
This movie chick is insane, but as far as fight between immortal goes, Ajin is still winning.

Furyous

Tales of Demons and Gods 1-84 (Manga)
Tales of Demons and Gods 1-362 (Web Novel)

Synopsis:

Guy gets reincarnated after losing everything and vows to beat the enemy that beat him.

Why I like it:

It has cultivating, jokes, and martial arts violence. Imagine of Pokemon could merge with people.

The manga is currently at chapter 51 of the web novel so math says it should take over 560 chapters for the manga to catch up to the web novel.

Kieli

Ah crap, didn't know only the first 3 volumes of LoGH were licensed.

I got the first 2 (although second is pre-order) and will get the third (whenever it releases). But I'm afraid sales will be bad because it ain't weeb enough for the philistines

jitsu wa watashi wa 133

Well that took an unexpected turn from the previous chapter.

I bet this new guy would get along well with Shima though.

Honeymoon Salad 24

Not sure how I feel with the MC's first girlfriend. I guess she makes a valid point of feeling hurt of what the guy said in highschool but they were 14-15 years old.

Wiseblade

World trigger has less in common with naruto or bleach then any other shounen on the market.
Wait, what? World Trigger is clearly drawing on early Naruto & Bleach for inspiration, especially when it comes to establishing the supporting cast. Not to say that those are the only manga with large rosters, just that WT is definitely using similar means of expansion.

Ascheroth

Tales of Demons and Gods 1-84 (Manga)
Tales of Demons and Gods 1-362 (Web Novel)

Synopsis:

Guy gets reincarnated after losing everything and vows to beat the enemy that beat him.

Why I like it:

It has cultivating, jokes, and martial arts violence. Imagine of Pokemon could merge with people.

The manga is currently at chapter 51 of the web novel so math says it should take over 560 chapters for the manga to catch up to the web novel.

Tales of Demons and Gods is pretty fun.

You should give I Shall Seal the Heavens a try, it's by far the best immortal cultivation webnovel I've read. By far.
Currently 777 chapters translated and it's completed at 1613.

And Douluo Dalu as well. It's somewhat similiar to TDG in that they are born with spirits (classified as either tool spirits or beast spritits, where tool spirits are summoned and used and beast spirits transform the body) and the main character is reincarnated from a different world where he was damn powerful already and uses this knowledge in the new world.
It also focuses on team battles after a while (and they are amazing, with how different abilities work together and lots of strategies and everything), but main character is of course powerful on his own, and it also has a very good supporting cast.
227 of 336 chapters translated, but every chapter is at least 3 times as long as the usual webnovel chapter.

Ascheroth

is immortal cultivation NG+ as a genre or the cultivation of immortals?

It's a genre where folks cultivate/train to reach immortality. Hundreds of years passing and everything is pretty normal (that's why most of them suck hard when it comes to sidecharacters).
I Shall Seal the Heavens doesn't have reincarnation btw in case that was confusing. It's about a young scholar who basically gets kidnapped into a sect. And it does have amazing worldbuilding and great sidecharacters.

And Douluo Dalu has reincarnation but it's not about immortality lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

So a bunch of Ichigo's ghost friends killed them after they tried to steal Ichigo's powers but now they owe Ichigo a debt of gratitude because ???

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch133

RIP Mikan.

Yandere Kanojo ch75.5

Couples' quarrels are so troublesome.

I wonder if it'll be the end next. Felt like a good way to wrap things up.

Shuukan Shounen Girl ch18

That's pretty fucking scary.

Akuma no Riddle ch45

I totally expect her to survive.

Genshiken Nidaime ch124

Please make Yoshitake the next protagonist.

TheFlow

Banned
Wait, what? World Trigger is clearly drawing on early Naruto & Bleach for inspiration, especially when it comes to establishing the supporting cast. Not to say that those are the only manga with large rosters, just that WT is definitely using similar means of expansion.

nope, I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom