• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia has transgender characters, so Horikoshi'd probably be alright with gay characters. But I doubt Jump would let him.

MANUELF

Banned
Didn't Ryu and Lysandre from shaman king had an homosexual love interest? I don't remember if it was both sides, but Ryu did love Lysandre a lot. At the very least I know they did not end up developing it more then that.

Yea that's the only thing that comes to mind and it's not a very good example.

Ryu though Lysandre was a girl at first and after finding out he was a boy he treated him like a little brother

convo

Before everyone laughs or ignores this

Has a shonen jump fight series ever actually had a homosexual lead couple? Or a homosexual canon love interest among the supporting cast?

Jolyne from jojo part 6 was supposedly going to have a girlfriend instead but the editor just said no until the character was male. Funnily enough they didn't bother correcting Anasui's gender in his first appearance in volume releases.
5aWd9wy.jpg

Pink girl here is Anasui.

cntr

Banned
That probably didn't happen, though. There's no evidence that Anasui's gender was changed by the editors aside from fan rumors.

Stone Ocean was weird in general though since it was basically a seinen manga running in Jump

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki 194 spoiler stuff:

Basically they explain the rules - it's basically a huge tournament arc with the rebels vs. the Elite 10 guys. The stakes are the rebels being expelled, which Azami doesn't care about, but the thing he does care about is that they add in that if the rebels fail, Joichirou will agree to to close Restaurant Yukihira and will start working under Azami. We're also heading into flashbacks with Joichirou and Azami's past after this before the tournament stuff starts.

In the end this is Erina's arc, so I can only assume Erina is going to win the tournament rather than Soma. But on the plus side, this really does seem like its calculated to end Azami's arc.

That probably didn't happen, though. There's no evidence that Anasui's gender was changed by the editors aside from fan rumors.

Stone Ocean was weird in general though since it was basically a seinen manga running in Jump
Yeah, it's more likely Araki was just doing whatever the fuck he wanted, same for him randomly going back and forth on kinda drawing Jolyne as a man by the end lol

cntr

Banned
Araki started off drawing the men like men and the women like men, and then moved to drawing the men like women, and the women like men.

MANUELF

Banned
Shokugeki 194 spoiler stuff:

Basically they explain the rules - it's basically a huge tournament arc with the rebels vs. the Elite 10 guys. The stakes are the rebels being expelled, which Azami doesn't care about, but the thing he does care about is that they add in that if the rebels fail, Joichirou will agree to to close Restaurant Yukihira and will start working under Azami. We're also heading into flashbacks with Joichirou and Azami's past after this before the tournament stuff starts.

In the end this is Erina's arc, so I can only assume Erina is going to win the tournament rather than Soma. But on the plus side, this really does seem like its calculated to end Azami's arc.

Will Rindou finally be forced to cook?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
More on those spoilers:
there's going to be a training arc before the actual tournament happens - the rebels are apparently going to be instructed personally by Joichirou.

convo

It was "supposedly" an editor decision yeah. It's just fans trying to understand why a characters gender changed out of nowhere.Another thing on the pile of really dumb/weird mistakes by Araki.
Pucci on the other hand is exactly as homosexual for Dio as one can get unless you mask it with loving a god. There was another villian couple in either part 5 or 6 that was homosexual with no other caveats attached. Any declaration of characters being gay in japanese media mostly gets out by author interviews.

cntr

Banned
Am i forgetting someone?
Okay, it's only mentioned in a volume character bio. Tora, the tiger guy from the Pussycats, is transgender. That's why he's the only guy on a team called "the Pussycats", it used to be an all-female team.

There's a bunch of comments which indicate Horikoshi has Western standards of progressivism, like the bio for Jirou's parents mentions that the last name comes from her mom, because "it's not unusual for the husband to take the wife's name in this universe".

Angry Grimace

Will Rindou finally be forced to cook?

If I had to guess, no. There's 8 Elite 10 members (not counting Erina) and 4 rebels.

It specifically makes no sense to pick Rindou since Rindou's already proven she's unpredictable in those challenges. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Azami's required to pick the lowest seated members since it makes no sense that they would put the top seats on the line. I rather assume the first seat is simply worth "more" than the lowest seats.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in a stalemate where Azami isn't actually removed, but his power over the school is greatly reduced, e.g. he has to co-dean with Senzubean to level the playing field a little.

Zweizer

Banned
Akuma no Riddle ch47 (End)

It ended on the stereotypical "everyone's happy and well" note, which kinda undoes everything that happened beforehand, but on the bright side, at least Haruki and Isuke are well, which were the only characters that mattered anyways.

An ultimately boring read.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Okay, it's only mentioned in a volume character bio. Tora, the tiger guy from the Pussycats, is transgender. That's why he's the only guy on a team called "the Pussycats", it used to be an all-female team.

There's a bunch of comments which indicate Horikoshi has Western standards of progressivism, like the bio for Jirou's parents mentions that the last name comes from her mom, because "it's not unusual for the husband to take the wife's name in this universe".

Handjob also identifies as more of a foot person.

cntr

Banned
Also, there's a non-zero chance that Jirou's into girls, since she's consistently drawn staring at and getting embarrassed around other girls. Maaaaybe that's reading too much into it, but I can believe it.

only if Jump let Horikoshi get away with it, though

Zweizer

Banned
Division Girl ch1 by Shimazaki

The story of socially awkward girl who suffers from a strange disease where copies of herself may pop out and she's forced to kill them lest they take her place. She also has a girlfriend, who seem to be more than she appears.

I'll be eagerly awaiting for Shimazaki to mess with my brain once more.

LeleSocho

Banned

I actually immediately thought of her but since i didn't remember it being mentioned in the story i asked for confirmation.

mdubs

Banned
Top 10 Best Selling Manga Series (Japan)

http://www.oricon.co.jp/special/49579/7/

One Piece (12,314,326 copies)
Assassination Classroom (6,887,192)
Kingdom (6,595,968)
Attack on Titan (6,544,081)
Haikyu!! (6,474,394)
The Seven Deadly Sins (5,115,573)
My Hero Academia (5,114,916)
Tokyo Ghoul:re (4,278,599)
One-Punch Man (3,979,760)
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (3,477,128)

PK Gaming

He's pretty upfront about people disliking Mineta too, so he's definitely self aware about that sort of thing

Ray Down

Banned

Kingdom (6,595,968)
Haikyu!! (6,474,394)

Great that even though Ass Class finished earlier this year its the #2.

This is late but that mantis girl hentai is really cute.

What we need is more vanilla monster girl hentai. Full of lovey dovey tentacles and wings and arms that could shear a man in half.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That top 3 in the ranking is the best, the 3 best thing in jump get the 3 first place, the wold is right.

I kind of hope Viz's will pick up Kimetsu no Yaiba, with it ranking so high I'm kind of really curious.
Finally KnY is doing good in the rankings. These are 8 chapters behind right? So I'm guessing this is Zenkitsu's fight, which was pretty good.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Kingdom (6,595,968)
Haikyu!! (6,474,394)

One Punch Man has really taken off!

Kingdom (6,595,968)
Haikyu!! (6,474,394)

That's a great top 10! OP will always be ridiculous in terms of sales tho.

Wait wait wait. I didn't look at that list cause I don't give a fuck about sales, but is Assass Classclass really number 2? I have seriously underestimated how popular that series was.

Kinda makes me happy for that author to have the success he has cause I really really like Neuro and Assass. Both were really good and not really standard shonen.

Kinda excited for what he has next.

Lain

Listen if you can close your eyes and pretend Terraformars isn't super racist, there is some pretty hype stuff in that.

I read Terraformars for the they are winning ohshit they are losing ohshit they are winning ohshit they are losing back and forth and to see if my main pair manages to survive or not (glasses girl and the other special dude) since people bites the dust left and right.

Ray Down

Banned
Top Thirty Series in 2016:
01) One Piece (12 314 326)
02) Assassination Classroom (6 887 192)
03) Kingdom (6 595 968)
04) L'Attaque des Titans (6 544 081)
05) Haikyu!! - Les As du Volley (6 474 394)
06) Seven Deadly Sins (5 115 573)
07) My Hero Academia (5 114 916)
08) Tokyo Ghoul:re (4 278 599)
09) One-Punch Man (3 979 760)
10) Food Wars (3 477 128)
11) Chihayafuru (3 019 944)
12) Terra Formars (3 013 816)
13) Fairy Tail (2 719 478)
14) Détective Conan (2 622 350)
15) Erased (2 507 468)
16) Prison School (2 449 593)
17) Bleach (2 253 028)
18) World Trigger (2 234 851)
19) Gintama (2 231 751)
20) Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic (2 215 458)
21) Daiya no A - Act II (2 034 806)
22) Sawako (2 021 612)
23) Days (1 986 335)
24) Nisekoi - Amours, Mensonges et Yakuzas! (1 914 613)
25) Bungô Stray Dogs (1 879 623)
26) Golden Kamui (1 835 668)
27) Major 2nd (1 816 669)
28) Orange (1 809 055)
29) Seraph of The End (1 735 680)
30) Ajin (1 679 180)

No Toriko

Angry Grimace

I thought you guys said Shokugeki was getting cancelled what gives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom