• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man (ONE) 109

Two pages this time. No progress. Well a doghouse for Rover and Genos moving out

Gate 22 - 58
Some funny developments, some confusing action, it loses a bit of steam though. I liked it more when it was more "modern day military guys explore a fantasy setting and get friendly with the natives" and "LET US SHOW YOU HOW AWESOMELY WE CAN BLOW YOUR SHIT UP PEASANTS" than politics games..
It's still enjoyable to read.

That panel kills me every time.

The entire sequence and that panel seemed a little surreal the first time I read it but when I thought about it, I figured out the entire reason it felt weird was my perception of Japan's military and the military of other coutnries, heh. Even that panel made a little more sense considering how diverse the US military will be compared to a Russian or Chinese military. Doesn't stop the panel from being hilarious though.
Sure, but there are other great powers that could enter the stage, such as the UK or France for example. And they may have black people among their ranks, or even arabs ! :p

I don't get it
USA being the only country having black men among their agents is so ridiculous it is funny.

Wow, I wasn't aware translations were so far behind

Yeah, its always been like a year behind or so. I remember I picked up a copy of the magazine in august and it was like chapter 170, which is still like 15 - 20 ahead of where the translations are. I made the mistake of reading it and spoiling myself of certain events.

Akame ga Kill 78 END

pretty fitting ending for this edgy as fuck series for teenagers for the good guys to torture people to death and then do a cleansing of the entire country without a hint of irony

Grand Blue 22

azusa best

Revo

Akame ga kill 78 (end)

entire series has been pretty lul but at least the ending doesn't manage to disappoint on that front

can't wait for akame's adventure in a foreign land sequel

Stinky

No, you don't. There's 100 better things for you to read.

like what, honestly i've been combing my baka-updates wishlist and its wearing thin.

I dowloaded Fuuka volumes cause I wanna see why manGAF is so nuts about it. I've not read Town Where you Rage but I did read a bit of Half and Half.

Shouta

Sure, but there are other great powers that could enter the stage, such as the UK or France for example. And they may have black people among their ranks, or even arabs ! :p

True but you only really ever see Russia, China, or the US when it comes to stuff related to Japan and military, lol.

Isn't Gate written by some super Japanese nationalist?

It's written by an ex-military guy.

I think the original LN writer is a nationalist although not the "super" type one.

All versions of Gate are written by the same guy. Takumi Yanai. I think anyway. His original web version has more political commentary from what I hear but when it was picked up for publishing, it was rewritten to the point that some of the characters and what they were doing towards the end of the story diverged from the published versions from. I don't think his original web version has been translated so what folks are saying about him seems to be a bit of hearsay. The JSDF actually latching on to it probably helped with that, lol

Shengar

All versions of Gate are written by the same guy. Takumi Yanai. I think anyway. His original web version has more political commentary from what I hear but when it was picked up for publishing, it was rewritten to the point that some of the characters and what they were doing towards the end of the story diverged from the published versions from. I don't think his original web version has been translated so what folks are saying about him seems to be a bit of hearsay. The JSDF actually latching on to it probably helped with that, lol
Ah it was rewritten, thanks for clarifying.
I want to witness this car crash with my own eyes

The truck crash is extra-dimensional so be careful

Shouta

Ah it was rewritten, thanks for clarifying.

The truck crash is extra-dimensional so be careful

Yeah, I don't know to what extent Takumi changed it up but it doesn't surprise me he would rewrite it when it was his chance to make money on his story, heh.

Dragon Quest: Emblem of Loto 2 volume 26 is out and I need to get it. This manga is so good.

Akame ga Kill 78
That's an ending I guess. You get a good ending. You get a good ending. Everyone gets a good ending. Tatsumi staying as a dragon is nice. I almost forgot that he had two friends were murdered/tortured.

Makes me sick to my stomach to be honest.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Straigten up! Welcome to the competitive dance club! 1-21

I've been meaning to read this for awhile and with an anime in the works, might as well pull the trigger. Anyways, I fucking adore this thing. It is everything I wish shonen stuff that's not directly tied to romance would do: various separate friend circles making the school feel alive, the two leads spend time socializing, a great understanding of what makes up a "cute" moment. Art is 10/10, characters are 10/10, Watari is the bestest and the other kid is fucking great too. It's been so long since I've been in such adoration with a shonen anything! If this ever gets canceled I'm going to burn down a building.... Anyway, for now, I love this.

mdubs

Banned
Straigten up! Welcome to the competitive dance club! 1-21

I've been meaning to read this for awhile and with an anime in the works, might as well pull the trigger. Anyways, I fucking adore this thing. It is everything I wish shonen stuff that's not directly tied to romance would do: various separate friend circles making the school feel alive, the two leads spend time socializing, a great understanding of what makes up a "cute" moment. Art is 10/10, characters are 10/10, Watari is the bestest and the other kid is fucking great too. It's been so long since I've been in such adoration with a shonen anything! If this ever gets canceled I'm going to burn down a building.... Anyway, for now, I love this.

I hate to break this to you, but this isn't the dancing manga that's getting the anime.

In time though I assume - the series is great!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Happiness ch. 24

I am still not entirely sure how
Gosho survived a throat slashing, unless the wound was actually shallow
but w/e as long as she's fine. Was gonna be super disappointed if she met an early end. The stuff past her with Makoto was really trippy looking, Oshimi really weirding out with his art and it's awesome.

Attack on Titan ch. 89

I got caught up just a few chapters ago and am already bored with this again, kind of impressed how quickly that happened.

PK Gaming

Akame Ga Kill

The emperor's death was great but I can't help feel disappointed over how it went down

It was too neat and it didn't really leave much of an impact

FlowersisBritish

I hate to break this to you, but this isn't the dancing manga that's getting the anime.

In time though I assume - the series is great!

Well that is certainly a bummer though leads the question How many dancing mangas are there??? Eh, probably a lot now that I think about it. Just finished the first major tournament and it is the anime community's loss, that entire thing was amazing.

upandaway

like what, honestly i've been combing my baka-updates wishlist and its wearing thin.

I dowloaded Fuuka volumes cause I wanna see why manGAF is so nuts about it. I've not read Town Where you Rage but I did read a bit of Half and Half.
Are you asking for recs???

What's your readlist

FlowersisBritish

Straighten Up! to current

10/10 has dropped to a 9/10 for me, but from the current stuff happening it might jump back to a 10/10. I did not expect to like all of the characters as much as I ended up. They are all a wonderful batch of weirdos. Especially Sakamoto. They hyped him up for most of this manga, and when he eventually does dance, he instantly became one of my favorites. God, this was just so much fun as a read!

Is Helck doing well sales wise?

I just started and it's pretty good.

Helck is a web comic published on Ura Sunday through the Manga One app and it is one of the top popular manga there (Mob Psycho 100 is published there too). So it success is tied on how many people vote for it and number of views probably.

I dont think I have ever seen Helck volumes on the charts.

KeRaSh

Kimi Ni Todoke up to Vol. 25 (current)

My wife and I devoured this manga after watching the anime within a few days.
It's not often that I care about each and every character of a story but they really hit the nail on the head with this one.

Does anyone know when the manga continues? I've read that they want to release a third season this year but I haven't found anything specifically about the release schedule of the manga. Amazon listed the next volume with a release date of March 2017 and the one after that as September 2017. Are they only releasing the manga by volume or are there separate chapter releases? Will the volume in Sep 2017 conclude the series or is that only how far ahead they plan the releases? Are those dates even reliable?

Wiseblade

hello i am just popping to say you guys should watch Little Witch Academia right now

Where? Wikipedia tells me it's on Netflix, but I only see the original and Enchanted Parade.

Akame Ga Kill END

Somehow this was worse than the anime. And the anime was fucking bad.
That bad? I was planning on checking out how it ended, but if it's anything like the horrendous anime finale I might not bother.

KeRaSh

Where? Wikipedia tells me it's on Netflix, but I only see the original and Enchanted Parade.

I stumbled upon the OT for this today and apparently Netflix has the rights to the series and might not upload it until June or July and even that's just a speculation.

That bad? I was planning on checking out how it ended, but if it's anything like the horrendous anime finale I might not bother.
It ended like an wet fart, basically just a checklist of what happened with each character, pretty shite. Even the protagonist gets like two pages and 3 lines of dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom