• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

I didn't even know that Netflix had first distribution rights to any anime

Kinghts of Sidonia
Ajin
Kuromukuro
And now Little Witch Academia, probaby forgetting a few.

All of those were uploaded in batches after they were over, except Kuromukuro which was a 26 episdoe show so they uploaded 13 episodes after 3 months and the other 13 at the end. Yeah, there was absolutely no natural break after the first 13 episodes.
Netflix suck at this whole anime streaming business.

Kinghts of Sidonia
Ajin
Kuromukuro

All of those were uploaded in batches after they were over, except Kuromukuro which was a 26 episdoe show so they uploaded 13 episodes after 3 months and the other 13 at the end. Yeah, there was absolutely no natural break after the first 13 episodes.

Netflix Japan uploads new episode on a week-by-week basis coordinated with the TV airing of these shows. Kuromukuro at least even had English subtitles as it was being simulcast in Japan. But outside Japan Netflix doesn't seem to be interested in the anime fan audience.

Still, at least Netflix puts up anime in the US eventually, unlike Amazon.

Kinghts of Sidonia
Ajin
Kuromukuro

Well to their credit, at least when they do releases them after the season end, they release them dubbed in quite a few languages. English, french, etc etc. As someone who enjoys english dub they aren't that bad, but there are exception to the rules and they did not release a dub for the Magi sinbad spin-off...so yea.

Zweizer

Banned
Their Story ch122

XRmKKDW.jpg

Dead.

Hopefully it won't bite them in the ass.

Tatoe Hai ni natte mo ch7

Huh, i'm not sure where this is headed to.

Wiseblade

Netflix Japan uploads new episode on a week-by-week basis coordinated with the TV airing of these shows. Kuromukuro at least even had English subtitles as it was being simulcast in Japan. But outside Japan Netflix doesn't seem to be interested in the anime fan audience.

Still, at least Netflix puts up anime in the US eventually, unlike Amazon.
The only Amazon anime I watched was Kabaneri and that was months after airing on a whim. Can't really say much about their airing schedule based on that.

Still though, it all seems like a FAR better situation than Digital manga releases. Viz is the only one worth mentioning and they barely operate outside of the US. I don't think there's even an option to get their non-Shueisha manga digitally in the UK outside of maybe the Kindle store. Crunchyroll seems to have forgotten they have a manga section, only putting up new chapters for the series they already have anime adaptations of. Maybe it's different in the US, but the UK selection isn't worth mentioning outside Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. Kodansha throw up their stuff on Comixology and that's about it.

MHA 121

Glorious! I really loved how much Kacchan is evolving as a character. So good.

Seraph of the end 53

A great chapter! It made me like Crowley even more. But man I want to know what happens next! A one month wait is too much :(

I think it was last month where I was complaining about how Mika power level wasn't fitting with what we were told so far, but the LN specified it. A vampire' strength is based on the blood received and how old they are.

bobohoro

Attack on Titan 89

Historia riding Eren into battle would be kinda fun.
And I don't mean it in a lewd way!

That last page though, things are getting messy.

Adventure Boys

Another day, another short story compilation, this time from Mitsuru Adachi, though this time he uses high school baseball less than usual, heh heh. There is a nebolous theme in them, and it's the past coming back to us, sometimes in a nostalgic way, others in a time travelling or supernatural way.
There are some of them that aren't bad at all, like a ghost story where old friends have to remember their old common trust between them, or someone who forgot his dreams as a young man to be succesful, but now he feel he lost something. But... it isn't nothing essential to read, I can't recommend them especially over other half dozen similar books.

SUMO Ch116-117: Continues to be excellent, retaining it's spot as my favourite on-going sports manga.

Happiness: Did I accidently take acid again??

Akame Ga Kill: Well... I guess you can call that an ending. I mean the first 3rd(?) of the chapter was pretty good, while the rest seemed to be a checklist of tragic-hero tropes.. so all in all a pretty great summery for the whole manga.

Seven Deadly Sins (Side Stories 3,4,5): I think I've enjoyed these more than the manga's last few chapters.. which is a shame really.

Umi to Anata Taiyou to: Nice, short little adult yuri piece. Filled with as many quaint cute moments as sex scenes.

Godspeed: Promised Neverland, the battle manga.

Inhuman Spring 9: Hmmm. Intriguing. Not too bad a read if you don't mind it being mostly one graphic animal girl sex scene. I give it a Zweizer?/10

upandaway

Flying Witch 28

K49qTve.jpg

Haha holy crap. No hesitation.

Also that conditions compilation was crazy. I'm pretty sure I did some of these before, like looking at the clock 34 times or using up the soap on the 1st of a month. I need to find a doll.

Saw a glimpse that next chapter might be an Akira chapter? This better happen

BLue Exorcist 86

I liked the Amaimon background/

Promised Neverland 21

I guess one of my predictions will come true, though maybe not as action heavy is outside some humans are really on the same standing and maybe they created these creatures?

Anyway, I think Isabella will die in sacrifice against Krone when they are making their escape.

Food Wars 197

I want an adventure game of Food Wars, his pursuit through the desert is cool

BLack Clover 92

C1wzb-PWQAAvJhN.jpg:small

I wonder how Dorksta sword will save Fana w ithout cutting her physically?

Good Yuno cameo.

Boogiepop

Man, I realize I'm becoming a broken record at this point, but yaaaaay, we've now entered 2017 with full issues, and still no sign of US Jump getting their lineup buffed back up. It's getting kind of depressing looking at how much that little section of notes from the authors has shrunk... Really wish they'd show signs that they're working towards fixing this, as it's pretty bad that it's gone for this long already, and they really need to do something about it.

Kingdom 501

It's been a while since I was hyped by Kingdom but this arc seems like it is going to be absolutely fantastic. It's going to be a stellar showcase of wits and strategy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Happiness 24:

We
actually see his
uncensored
Picasso dick
ejaculate
on the penultimate page
OSHIMI DA GOD

Stinky

The truck crash is extra-dimensional so be careful

I wasn't being literal, I dont actually know what happens. I mean car crash as in a complete failure of a manga. I've heard something about a truck but that's all the context I have.

Are you asking for recs???

Always

What's your readlist

Reading: https://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html?id=282623&list=read
Complete: https://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html?id=282623&list=complete

Grand Blue 21

This is a drinking manga. Also drunk Cakey too dangerous.

Grand Blue 21.5

Most hilarious cockblock ever.

Grand Blue 22

More manga should have all-girl parties.

Car Graffiti JK 15.5

Ah that familiar awkwardness when you're hanging out alone with your friends friend, and the silence that feels like eternity.

Also, I think Haruka has a bit of an obsession with Miki.

Yo, that Mantis Girl hentai ain't even remotely bad. It's as vanilla as you possibly can get fucking an insect lady. That's the best kind too; you want your kink to be mixed up with in vanilla because the deeper you go the more every fetish in Japan turns into vore or emasculation or mindbreak.

Owari no Serafu 53
C1xhC2WXcAEgCkk.jpg:small

Everyone on Yu for being dumb, even Mika, but then Crowley (him attacking Crowley while hes reading the letter was hilarious, and then nodding like he knew history, lol).

Mika discussion was interesting if only for the fact that his affection for Yu is apparently growing stronger and will hopefully be his only desire. I cant wait.

Mumei

I was introduced to Blade of the Immortal about fifteen years ago, when I was on my first forum (for Kenshin!). My first purchases on Amazon in 2005 were volumes 10 - 14 (the rest I'd received as Christmas or birthday gifts previously). I really enjoyed them, but then I just sort of fell off buying them. It's weird how spending $14 or $15 once every couple months doesn't seem like much, but then when you have three or four pile up and you balk at spending $60 at once. Or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I fell off getting them until fairly recently when I learned about Instocktrades. I got Volumes 16-18 in 2014, which then sat on my shelf. And then I heard that the series was ending soon this year (and so it has ended). So, I got Volume 19, then 20-23, then 24-26, 28, and 30. I'm still looking to get 27, 29, and 31.

Anyway, I finally read - after waiting about ten years - volumes 15 - 26, and it's been making me feel quite nostalgic, like going back to a part of my adolescence.

Taruranto

Seraph 53

Not too much happened. Mika is losing his humanity, though I doubt anything will happen as long Yuu is alive anyway.

Next chapter should have some big reveals, but I can't really see this manga suddenly gaining momentum.

Shouta

Grand Blue 1-22

That's a lot of censor bubbles. There's a serious amount of drinking for a diving manga too. It's really nice that the girls kind of balance out the guys and get in on the insanity a bit as well. Aina and Chisa are great though the tension between China and Iori is awkward considering they're cousins. Then again, it's less awkward than Nanaka. Jeez, she's creepy. Tokita having a girlfriend is so strange considering he's drinking and naked at the shop all the time. When does he have time to see her!? Azusa is pretty amazing. Kouhei is a serious otaku.

Wanitokagegisu 23-33

Holy shit, new chapters! It's official; Haneda is straight up the best girl who has ever existed. Some of the faces and reactions she pulls are hysterical

Other than that, nice to see that everything is still fucked up forever.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
This news just came up over Kotaku.

A former Attack on Titan editor has been arrested for murder

Reading further he used to be the chief editor.

What terrible timing. If this all happened sooner people could make the joke, "The editor is leveraging a plea bargain by promising to tell what's in the basement."

In all seriousness though, really shocked, but I think I'd be shocked if he had any profession.

I need new manga to read.

Something long with cute moments that isn't overly dramatic or a short well told psychological story.

You can try Bokurano. I kind of want to give a brief run down, but I'll be restrained. If you know nothing, this can be a really fun surprise. It's in the later category, it's finished, and it's about a reasonably large cast of kids in a giant robot saving the world. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom