• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

King of Idol 1 - 5

Well, its something different alright. That sure is a large school for training idols.

Danberu nan kiro moteru? 23 - 24

This idol training is much more interesting. You don't see many idols doing close quarters combat, bench presses and dead lifts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
King of Idol 1 - 5

Well, its something different alright. That sure is a large <3<3<3.
wink.gif

Ross61

Getting caught up on Tower of God. Damn is this thing great. IMO, at it's worst it's just average, but as it's best it insanely good. It up there with the best shounen to me.Got done with the "Name Hunt" arc which was really solid with some great battles and a nice sympathetic villain. Now on the "Floor of Death" arc and it's shaping up to be even better. Also, SUI can draw his ass of when he really tries. But I really wish The Company or whatever was still translating it, the typo's and changed names are making it kind of a less enjoyable read.

Ascheroth

Getting caught up on Tower of God. Damn is this thing great. IMO, at it's worst it's just average, but as it's best it insanely good. It up there with the best shounen to me.Got done with the "Name Hunt" arc which was really solid with some great battles and a nice sympathetic villain. Now on the "Floor of Death" arc and it's shaping up to be even better. Also, SUI can draw his ass of when he really tries. But I really wish The Company or whatever was still translating it, the typo's and changed names are making it kind of a less enjoyable read.
The Floor of Death arc is sublime, enjoy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boy Tokyo Ghoul sure is goddamn depressing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised Ishida could make a chapter with the leads getting married be depressing.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Beastar 33-40
Holy shit, this is fucking badass. A fucking panda pulled out a machine gun out of his back pocket while Legosi taking of his shirt in the most manliest way. But not gonna lie, the escalation sure is insane. A highschool kid and back alley doctor teaming up to fight a yakuza

Chio chan 26

Sniffing each others armpit. Uhum, nice....

Tomo-chan ch.590-591
Jun...

It is impressive how you continue to fuck up when all you need is to just clearly say what is wrong.

God fucking dammit.

I Am Not a Succubus ch.1
As far as manga with monster girls go, this one already has a leg up over Monster Musume because the lamia here seems like a more fun character than Miia ever was.

But on the flip side, Musume still has Rachnera so we'll have to wait and see if a spider girl gets added later on. Either way, I'm curious to see how long the MC will be able to take her lie and not get exposed. Pretty good start.

I Am Not a Succubus 01

I recognize this art from...somewhere. Anywho good start to the story, let's see how the lie plays out.

Elf-san wa Yaserarenai. 03-07

Orc and Wolf will be the best workers. Alarune isn't even really plump she just needed to keep her flower covered.

Guys can you help me find the name of a manga?
I saw it today at the comic book store but i can't fucking remember it.
Its west name starts with an S, i think it's an horror/thriller and it's about people getting trapped in a building.
The first volume has a girl on a rock with a stick or something on the cover
Can you help me?

Dandte

Guys can you help me find the name of a manga?
I saw it today at the comic book store but i can't fucking remember it.
Its west name starts with an S, i think it's an horror/thriller and it's about people getting trapped in a building.
The first volume has a girl on a rock with a stick or something on the cover
Can you help me?

SAW? jk

wild guess and probably wrong but

Satsuriku no Tenshi

Problem is the english title

Angel of Slaughter

Synopsis
13-year old Rachel awakens to find herself trapped in the basement of an abandoned building. Without any memories, or even a clue as to where she could be, she wanders the building, lost and dizzy. In her search, she comes across a man covered in bandges. He introduces himself as Zack and he wields a grim-reaper like sickle.

A strange bond is struck between them, strengthened by strange, crazy promises…

These two, trapped in this strange building, don't know why fate has placed them there. But they will work together desperately to find a way out…

and cover

Nothing else comes to my mind atm :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
King of idol 1-5
I'm sure a certain segment of idol fans will be absolutely thrilled when they find out that the idol sporting huge boner everytime said idol sing.

Zweizer

Banned
Beastars ch33-40

Things sure escalated out of nowhere, though that does explain the blackout, and jeez, the underworld is beyond messed up in this universe.

Pretty damn badass.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch591

Jun is the worst.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch41

Ranna is pretty nice, despite her cold demeanor. There's yet to be any rumor of her doing something villainous.

bobohoro

So, is Seven Deadly Sins any good? Might start reading it with a game coming out and all.

Mai Ball 85

Wait, I actually didn't see that one coming.
Very nice, Chidori.
And provoking a girl 4 times your size.

Prison School 257

Girls bonding is nice. Hopefully, Hana goes on the attack soon and stops trying to passive aggressively badmouth Kyoshi to make Chiyo give up.

Soma

Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko End

Well damn, it finally ended. Not sure if I really liked the sudden revelation towards the end setting up for a blatant bittersweet ending but considering the manga nearly went unfinished several years ago when the author was forced to switch magazine serializations, this is much better than what could've been. At least it ended with the same twisted, weird but strangely heartwarming spirit that got me hooked on the series in the first place and the artwork was consistently fantastic throughout the whole thing.

Seriously though, this guy is almost Dowman Sayman levels of weird with his writing and it's great. Absolutely looking forward to whatever Abe Youichi puts out next.

Soma

Beastars 1 to whatever the latest chapter is

Why am I reading this manga about furries and why is it ACTUALLY PRETTY FUCKING GOOD LEGOSI YOU GLORIOUS IDIOT GO GET YOUR GIRL HOLY SHIT THAT PANDA JUST PULLED OUT AN LMG OUT OF NOWHERE WHAT THE FUCK

Talentless Nana 2
That was absolutely ice cold. It's only chapter 2, but I think we've already reached the point where "Talentless Nana" is a borderline oxymoron. A single person's absence can be easily explained, but after this it's only a matter of time before her classmates enter alert status. Especially if Kyouya can join the available dots, though he's clearly being set up as something more than your typical student here. Also I have a handprint on my face from the 'giving nuclear launch codes to kids' comment.

SAW? jk

wild guess and probably wrong but

Satsuriku no Tenshi

Problem is the english title

Angel of Slaughter

Synopsis
13-year old Rachel awakens to find herself trapped in the basement of an abandoned building. Without any memories, or even a clue as to where she could be, she wanders the building, lost and dizzy. In her search, she comes across a man covered in bandges. He introduces himself as Zack and he wields a grim-reaper like sickle.

A strange bond is struck between them, strengthened by strange, crazy promises…

These two, trapped in this strange building, don't know why fate has placed them there. But they will work together desperately to find a way out…

and cover

Nothing else comes to my mind atm :(

Thank you a lot Dandte, it was Sprite btw! :)

Sprite1.jpg

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 68
So I guess Tanjirou can get all elements at some point? Glad we went straight to Tanjirou standing up to the father. Can add another amazing headbutt to the series. Curious to see what is in the book.

Dandte

Thank you a lot Dandte, it was Sprite btw! :)

Sprite1.jpg

Oooooh, right. I even knew that manga, guess the sea of manga became to big remember all of them haha. Good to see that you found it.
Yes, Seven Deadly Sins is what happens when you cut out the bullshit out of a typical Shounen series.

SDS is great, liked it right from the get go. Though it isn't free from all of the typical shounen sins.

A.J.

Banned
Kimetsu no Yaiba 68
So I guess Tanjirou can get all elements at some point? Glad we went straight to Tanjirou standing up to the father. Can add another amazing headbutt to the series. Curious to see what is in the book.

It seems like all he needs is the sun style since every other one is just an inferior rip off. Unless all the other styles are a piece of the sun style.

dani_dc

King of Idol 1 - 5

It's not bad, but so far I'm not seeing what differentiates it from other cross dressing idol manga stories.

The whole main character failing to activate the device in chapter 5 felt really flat though, we already know he can create holograms.

Mumei

probably no one will actually read this but I need to vent ~somewhere~

I recently read through Kekkaishi and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Before I got it, I'd read that there were some criticisms of the ending, that it seemed rushed. I didn't feel like it was rushed so much as I felt like it consumed
Yoshimori's story arc. I had the impression during the latter part of the series run, when he was becoming more serious about understanding his abilities, that we were going to see him figure whatever was going on with Karasumori. He even manages to achieve the Musou state and create a landlord. But then it turns out that his mother has already made her way to the center of Karasumori, met Tokimori, has spent a decade researching sites, and only needs Yoshimori for his connection to Chushinmaru. It feels like the progression we're set up to expect Yoshimori to have, to figure out what's going on and to work on fixing it, is taken from him and then simply presented pre-cooked. And Tokine's wasn't much better. I expected something significantly better for her as a result of the training she had and what we were being told. I found myself really unsatisfied by the way both Yoshimori's and Tokine's stories ended. But I did like a lot of the series, and it's not like the latter parts didn't have stuff that I liked.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
probably no one will actually read this but I need to vent ~somewhere~

I recently read through Kekkaishi and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Before I got it, I'd read that there were some criticisms of the ending, that it seemed rushed. I didn't feel like it was rushed so much as I felt like it consumed
Yoshimori's story arc. I had the impression during the latter part of the series run, when he was becoming more serious about understanding his abilities, that we were going to see him figure whatever was going on with Karasumori. He even manages to achieve the Musou state and create a landlord. But then it turns out that his mother has already made her way to the center of Karasumori, met Tokimori, has spent a decade researching sites, and only needs Yoshimori for his connection to Chushinmaru. It feels like the progression we're set up to expect Yoshimori to have, to figure out what's going on and to work on fixing it, is taken from him and then simply presented pre-cooked. And Tokine's wasn't much better. I expected something significantly better for her as a result of the training she had and what we were being told. I found myself really unsatisfied by the way both Yoshimori's and Tokine's stories ended. But I did like a lot of the series, and it's not like the latter parts didn't have stuff that I liked.

Part of the issue is there's no way to
resolve the Karasumori stuff without Yoshimori thinking of the idea and then a timeskip where he goes around looking for a suitable location and the series wasn't really set up for either of them to leave the area for an extended period of time so another character had to do the legwork on that one.

I still like the story overall, but the mangaka kinda wrote himself into a corner with the main plot line.

Chase17

It seems like all he needs is the sun style since every other one is just an inferior rip off. Unless all the other styles are a piece of the sun style.

Yeah, that makes sense and is more in line with the Father's description then it being an all encompassing thing.

12 years later, and I've finally bought all volumes of Negima. If I hadn't traded away all of my volumes of Love Hina, I would have all of Akamatsu's work that has been released in English. This is also by far the longest series I actually bought all of the volumes of, My Little monster at 13 volumes is the 2nd most lol.
I suppose To Love-ru will take its place when that starts being released...

One thing I really like about Akamatsu is how much he manages to cram into each chapter, although in this series it did get kind of annoying how sometimes there would be speech bubbles at the very inner edge of the page that were pretty much impossible to read. I dunno if it's just because of how Del Rey/Kodansha formatted it or if this was an issue in the Japanese release as well. UQ Holder doesn't seem to have this problem at least.

Weekly Shonen Jump #32

Gintama (Cover, Lead CP)
1. One Piece
2. My Hero Academia
My Hero Academia Smash!! (Special Chapter)
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (CP)
3. Haikyu!!
4. Black Clover
5. Hinomaru Zumou
6. The Promised Neverland
Boruto (CP)
7. Kimetsu no Yaiba
We Never Learn (CP)
Shudan!
8. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account
9. Dr. Stone