• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

caliph95

Fairy Tail

"That's Bullshit!"

Well said. I dropped this manga years ago for a reason. How underwhelming. Chances are he along with Zeref are brothers with Natsu.
"Some Dragon killoed a girl long ago so ideccided to kill dragons"
makes sense
"Also btw i'm destroying the entire world"
Fucking hiro
Also i love Erza can someone swords that can push Acnologia yet never did that before and the whole destroyed ships was a waste of time.

i dont know if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know the name of this manwha where there is this couple who is having marital problems, they go back in time somehow, and get a 2nd chance at falling in love again? but the premise is that if you have sex you lose memories or something.

EDIT:

nm found DO iT ONE MORE TIME

Sandfox

makes sense
Fucking hiro
Also i love Erza can someone swords that can push Acnologia yet never did that before and the whole destroyed ships was a waste of time.
To be fair he also said that they killed his family and village.

bobohoro

I will react to Fairy Tail ending like I did with Bleach. With a sigh.
Only way to end it in a way I would be satisfied is to kill everyone in some gruesome way.
Maybe friendship overload leading to internal combustion through Fairy Heart or something.
Wouldn't that be nice.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 177

Man, giving him back those 1.000 yen felt pretty heartbreaking.

Madoka - Magia Record Reports p31-34

VxP0MxY.png

Even from this limited introduction and chibi-ish design reveal, I still feel like she should've been one of the central Magireco gang. I'd trade her for Tsuruno in a heartbeat. Can't say the same for the other newcomer though, she looks terrible.

Zweizer

Banned
I need a new manga to read please spoon-feed me reccomendations

Bah, Murciélago is already taken for, so:

Keijo
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
Tsugumomo
Bloom Into You
Grand Blue
Beastars
Maou-jou de Oyasumi
Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu
Elf-san wa Yaserarenai

All kinds. I like stuff that's dark and fucked up but also Yostuba is in my top 5 favourite manga

Here's my completed manga list and accompanying ratings.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html?id=282623&list=complete

I'll throw a few different types of manga:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (Relaxing manga)
Bokurano (Psychological manga)
Voynich Hotel (Dowman Sayman Manga...aka WTF Manga)
Doubutsu no Kuni (Adventure Manga)
Kongou Banchou (Action Manga)

All the manga listed have already ended and can be found.

caliph95

Beastars
You this is probably me just being tired and nothing thinking straight but i just started reading Beastars and................................
I thinking i'm starting to understand zootopias.........popularity

Also the book is good

Tomo-chan ch.593-594
Jun, you're such a dumbass for giving back your handheld to Tomo after having it handed back to you that she had to tease you for getting shook up by Carol.

There better be a fight after this and it better be good.

Crazy for You ch.3.5 (Omake Date Edition)
Holy shit, translation for this thing is still alive (though very very slow).

MC still knows how to handle his yandere girlfriend even when on a date. Though the girl definitely has good taste in romance movies even if most would not agree with her position.

Usobuko

Banned
All kinds. I like stuff that's dark and fucked up but also Yostuba is in my top 5 favourite manga

Here's my completed manga list and accompanying ratings.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html?id=282623&list=complete

You like Fukumoto's Kaiji / Zero so I will recommend Alice in Borderland.

For something similar to the likes of Boys on the Run / Wanitokagegisu etc., there's a current ongoing manga called Bokutachi ga Yarimashita.

Kokou no Hito is like the mountain climbing version of Punpun and your list don't seem to indicate you dislike the sports genre.

If you want something that's really deprave and crazy, hit up The World is Mine.

I'm not sure if the artstyle of Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai is your cup of tea but I love the way it's narrated and find the story absolutely adorable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Soma latest

This is some rushed ass backstory but I guess it's preferable to flashback Namek.

Beastars
You this is probably me just being tired and nothing thinking straight but i just started reading Beastars and................................
I thinking i'm starting to understand zootopias.........popularity

Also the book is good
Continue...

So is Beastars just a furry manga set in HS?

I'm about to start MHA. Is Shounen Jump weekly worth it on Comixology? It's only 99 cents and I feel like I should compensate the writers/artists. What stories are in the current rotation and where can I check this info?

Fancolors

Continue...

So is Beastars just a furry manga set in HS?
It's a coming of age story set in a world where anthropomorphic carnivores and herbivores try to live in harmony while having to constantly deal with their own base instincts.

It differs significantly from Zootopia. The movie uses the various species as a metaphor for different social groups in our society, while Beastars take the physical differences between animals to explore what would actually happen if all of them tried to live without killing one another.

It also has a cute wolf girl if you are into that.

It's a coming of age story set in a world where anthropomorphic carnivores and herbivores try to live in harmony while having to constantly deal with their own base instincts.

It differs significantly from Zootopia. The movie uses the various species as a metaphor for different social groups in our society, while Beastars take the physical differences between animals to explore what would actually happen if all of them tried to live without killing one another.

It also has a cute wolf girl if you are into that.
That sounds pretty intersting, I'll have to check it out. A COA sounds pretty out there for this kinda thing but I'm game to do the 5 chapter rule for this.

Also gonna check out the other recommendations on this page.

Hajime No Ippo 1185: can we just end the fight already, Ippo has clearly outclassed this guy in every way. There's no need to stretch this fight so we can see the new "dempsey roll" the guy doesn't deserve it to be used on him, the other team should've thrown the damn towel.

shokugeki no soma 220 - 222

lol, the live alligator got away.

Anyway, even with all that passion and stuff, I still don't really see Rindou losing this match.

bobohoro

Hajime No Ippo 1185

Will a KO be next?
Oh no...this fight is gonna drag because of some stupid ass reason, isn't it?

And Ref is OP, tackling the boulder with ease while it was rolling full steam.

Tomo-chan 594

Did Tomo just unintentionally fuck up her chance to make Jun confess?
That's dumb.

Yuzumori-san 19
RIP Mimika... is what I want to say, but actually she's really impressed me with her RES stat growth. For some reason their gaming session made me melancholy for the lack of Battle Orgia updates. Also I remember trying similar charms when I wanted to 'get on' with someone.

Zweizer

Banned
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch28-29

She's one to talk about it being healthy, lol.

Poor Andou. Everyone lost, but especially him.

Crazy For You ch3.5

Good thing he's still sharp enough to prevent her to stab someone.

After all, that's what love is about.

Car Graffiti JK ch18.5

She's screwed.

Yuzumori-san ch19

Mimika is hanging on pretty well. That last page had an ominous tone to it though.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch594-595

She might as well keep it forever.

makes sense
Fucking hiro.

That's detailed a tiny bit more in the recent fairy tail dragon cry movie and if you missed the showing in English at cinema, you've got to wait basically.

The point of those panels was to make clear the movie was canon.

Beastars to latest chapter

The poster(s) who mentioned it becoming a Yazuka game weren't kidding LOL

Legosi the boss.

He just needs to learn some heat moves now.

bjones

Neo Member
Hi guys new here. Lapsed reader. Just subscribed to WSJ again. Coming from comics, manga feels like breath of fresh air.

We Never Learn Ch 1-21

Setup might be old and tiresome, but I'm a sucker for romance.

Chase17

Couple days late to this, but I'm surprised RxL is getting a (presumably final) cp. Hope it's more interesting than the last one.

Chio-chan 1-25

This series is hilarious. Pretty much every chapter with Chio and Manana together (which is most) is amazing. I love the close friends who endlessly undermine/troll each other thing.

Met My Sister On A Dating Site 9

Same events, different perspective. This chapter felt pretty unnecessary, since I think we could've filled in this gap ourselves. It's an especially bad use of page time if the next chp's actually the last.

e: Screaming Lessons 48-48.5
No deal. And hey, an un-lifetime of scaring the shit out of holidaying families isn't so bad. The parents must've been stupendously terrible to mistake her for their child, but then I could've inferred that from the whole triple suicide thing. Guess this volume didn't get a full-blown extra like the others.

Top Bottom