• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 58

unf,

also dat spat

...Kogarashi gets turned into a dildo...shaped object by a voluptuous monster girl while his massive harem of monster girls tries to get him back. This is ToLoveRu as all fuck.

dramatis

Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" 1-10

If you're looking for a simple, fluffy, not-really-other-world food manga, this is probably it.

I think what hampered my enjoyment a bit was that it is really incredibly simple while I was expecting more, but I can accept it for what it is.

Does anyone want to predict a series other then hungry marie or we never learn is the new one next week?

Realistic? Maybe RobotxLaserbeam
Personal? PORO!!!!

But I guess it's WNL.
--------------------------
This aside! MHA...OMG!!! KIRISHIMA YOU SEXY BEAST!

Also I really liked the Black Clover chapter this week. I found the character interaction really nice.

Seraph and Blue felt a little weird. Like something felt rushed.

Tsukasa in Dr.Stone was absolutely going to be this kind of character.

Realistic? Maybe RobotxLaserbeam
Personal? PORO!!!!

But I guess it's WNL.
--------------------------
This aside! MHA...OMG!!! KIRISHIMA YOU SEXY BEAST!

Also I really liked the Black Clover chapter this week. I found the character interaction really nice.

Seraph and Blue felt a little weird. Like something felt rushed.

Tsukasa in Dr.Stone was absolutely going to be this kind of character.

How did BLue Exorcist feel rushed, it was just a Christmas party and story, I dont understand your comment.

Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku 97-98

One time I joked that this series would eventually escalate to murder and that stopped being a joke

Kingdom 512

Meditating on strategy in the middle of a fight is pretty badass

Boogiepop

Glad to see Dr. Stone picked up, but... next week better be my Hungry Marie. I'm relatively confident it's coming, but I'd still like to have it confirmed, as that's the one that I 100% need to see picked up. (Also assuming WNL is going to make it as well, but I'm meh on that one from the Jump Start chapters. So Hungry Marie is also the only one left that I'm actually legitimately interested in at this point).

I swear VIZ gotta stop teasing licensing My Hero Academia Vigilante in their damn podcast and actually do it! They do it to often and I'm annoyed! Do your job Andy!

we never learn 9

Well, Yuiga cleared the first trial and is able to stay as they're tutor. Though it seems like in the future the principle's aid girl is probably going to do something to make them fail or something. It seems like she doesn't want the genius students doing something out of their specialty.

Goblin Is Very Strong 1

Poor adventure girl. She doesn't stand a chance against goblin-san, who shows no mercy.

DanganRonpa Gaiden: Killer Killer 14 END

Wow this was always bad but the ending has to be taking the piss. The main character gets her head cut off so cleanly that it lands in the exact same position so its like it was never severed?

That's beyond stupid. It's so stupid that it has to be on purpose.

Fancolors

Wow this was always bad but the ending has to be taking the piss. The main character gets her head cut off so cleanly that it lands in the exact same position so its like it was never severed?

Everything past DR2 has been pretty bad bruh

Hajimete no Gal 1 - 27

Well this is interesting so far. Basically a guy who's in a group of loser virgins want to lose their virginity, you know, like they do. The main character asked out a gyaru, who actually says yes. And she basically just teases him at first, but then feelings start to appear. So of course we get another gyaru who is trying to break them up, and also a crazy childhood friend who becomes a gyaru and wants the MC hard.

Droplet

Man I was wondering if I somehow read that part wrong. It's good to know I'm not the one who's crazy, but on the other hand, somebody actually wrote that.

Fancolors

Now Loading 4

A mobage developer who doesn't want whales on their game? What?

Anyway, I think I like this more than New Game for the simple fact it actually tries to be about game development. Art is still very stiff, specially the backgrounds, but it doesn't impact too negatively on the narrative.

Now Loading 4

A mobage developer who doesn't want whales on their game? What?

Anyway, I think I like this more than New Game for the simple fact it actually tries to be about game development. Art is still very stiff, specially the backgrounds, but it doesn't impact too negatively on the narrative.

Maybe its not that they don't want whales, but not a game focused on them to survive. Or something.

To be honest I never even noticed the background art. I guess that mean it can't be too bad. But it means its not that great either.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 58

These new characters are pretty strong. I guess this is the point where an arc starts to rescue Fuyuzora. Though without him around the girls, how are ridiculous lewd events supposed to happen.

Seifuku no Vampiress Lord 4

Meet the future yuri harem. Except Aya. Not sure if childhood friend will be first on the acquisition list, but at the very least she's already onboard with having her blood sucked.

Now Loading…! 4

Yeah, I remember the days of having enthusiasm for work. Either the FeMC means going out as friends, or her 'work first' principle is taking a back seat now the deadline's passed. I can respect Kaori's design philosophy, but then I've never really been into gacha games. Well, not playing them anyway.

cntr

Banned
Haikyuu 190 - 249

Caught up! Woo!

...I don't know whether catching up right at the beginning of a major match was a good or bad decision, crap.

edit: huh, there's no Haikyuu OT? surprising.

Zweizer

Banned
Reiraku ch2

There​ she is. I wonder how much worse it will get for him.

Now Loading…! ch4

Whew, sides a whale-shaped bullet here. I wonder if development teams that don't have to experience crunch exist.

Seifuku no Vampiress Lord ch4

She certainly is living in a paradise~

Seifuku_no_Vampiress_Lord_-_Vol.1_Ch.4_Flower_G.png

She didn't put much of a resistance, lol.

Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch15

Hoshino sure has a lot of energy to spend.

That's both creepy, impressive and impractical.

Madoka Magica - Nisekano (SFW doujin)
I know I always gush about how good Maitake is, but she's now cemented herself as my favourite doujin artist, to the point when I'll actually be depressed when we're fully caught up on her releases. It's the same success story as usual - an opening salvo of comedy shorts followed by a fleshed-out hybrid of seriousness and humour, both hilarious and sweet. Seeing Homura deny herself happiness is actually pretty painful until it's diffused by Madoka's overwhelming love (and stylish dance moves). No matter how many times you remake the world, some things are always meant to be.

TheFlow

Banned
Starting to lose interest in 7 deadly sins. And I haven't understood a thing involving Tokyo ghoul in the past 5 chapters.

How close is fairy tail to ending?

Starting to lose interest in 7 deadly sins. And I haven't understood a thing involving Tokyo ghoul in the past 5 chapters.

How close is fairy tail to ending?

Natsu is fighting the main antagonist of the series while the rest of the crew is dealing with the true final boss. Hard to guess but I could see it wrapping up by the end of summer.

Zweizer

Banned
Bright and Cheery Amnesia ch4

She certainly was persistent. Good for her that it paid off, and that her amnesia didn't impede their relationship much.

Tatoe Hai ni Natte mo ch9

That was certainly a desperate move. I'm impressed by how unpredictable it has been so far at least.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Opening the gates of Hell and summoning a horde of undead to protect your boxed lunch.

Hungry Marie 7

I have sorely, sorely missed this dude's work.

Downfall 2

Jesus fucking Christ Asano, if you start out this depressing where the hell do we go?

Like fuck, this actually made me legitimately depressed.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hungry Marie ch. 1-7

lol this shit is my jam. I mean, we're dealing with Marie Antoinette's gender-bender daughter going on some super saiyan necromancy freakout because her lunch got snatched. I can't not appreciate something like that.

Please don't get canned.

Hungry Marie 6

It looks like Taiga and Marie are starting to get along a bit

Hungry Marie 7

Stealing a boxed lunch is no joke. Though I don't know if you're supposed to eat the container as well.

We never learn 10

That was a nice Uruka chapter. Though I wonder how she stands in the long run against the other two.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 29

Once every thousand years or so, it's actually a mistake to automatically assume the worst of the princess. I don't think there's been any insight into how she behaved pre-capture, but if she was the same then the demon king's new weapon will terrify her rescuers.

Zweizer

Banned
Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch29

Having to uphold your royal dignity is pretty bothersome. Good thing the Princess knows to get around it.

I'd say there​ wasn't any misunderstanding, for that was a factual statement.

Haikyuu!! (Cover/Lead CP, 250 Chapters and 5th Anniversary)
One Piece
My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Robot x Laserbeam
Black Clover
Hungry Marie (CP)
Shokugeki no Soma
Spring Weapon No. 1
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Dr. Stone
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Gintama
We Never Learn
Samon the Summoner
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
U19
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Issue 21/22:
Cover: All Main Characters Poster
Lead CP: One Piece
CPs: Shokugeki no Soma, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Chingiri (Oneshot by Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro of Toriko)

Top Bottom