• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mame Sengoku Basara 03

8LUoOj6.jpg

No romance in my Sengoku era!

Cerity

Yay, new thread.

Asamiya-san no Imouto
This was an odd series, the first few chapters and art style lead me to believe it was a slice of life adventure/exploring deal set in a post-apocalyptic future. That quickly changed and it turned into humans vs aliens and the future of humanity in general.

akaoni

Banned
Bored too easily these days

Are you feeling mentally and physically well? Maybe there's more to it like being under stress. Of course it's bullshit that you just automatically have to like everything, but if you're starting to not enjoy things you think you normally would enjoy. Don't over-think what I'm saying or anything, just in my personal travels maybe there's just something that's causing you discomfort in whatever regard that agitates and prevents you from enjoying yourself OR there might be nothing at all, I'm not you.

kasane

Are you feeling mentally and physically well? Maybe there's more to it like being under stress. Of course it's bullshit that you just automatically have to like everything, but if you're starting to not enjoy things you think you normally would enjoy. Don't over-think what I'm saying or anything, just in my personal travels maybe there's just something that's causing you discomfort in whatever regard that agitates and prevents you from enjoying yourself OR there might be nothing at all, I'm not you.

Im kinda in the same boat sometimes. Some days i just despise everything and think the world is a bland boring place, sometimes its the opposite. Nothing stops me from consuming manga tho :eek:

Looking forward to another 19915 posts of manga talk

Bakuman 81

Stakes is high yo

This is their last shot or they get dropped from Jump for good. I don't really see how they're going to "incorporate everything" into their next manga though. Sounds like a mess.

Bakuman 82

Ok, this makes more sense.

akaoni

Banned
Im kinda in the same boat sometimes. Some days i just despise everything and think the world is a bland boring place, sometimes its the opposite. Nothing stops me from consuming manga tho :eek:

I would feel reading to be difficult in that scenario. It was a lot easier to play an MMO or online game, something with a carrot or some kind of reward stimulation like winning against other people. Different strokes.

Quasar

So due to anime announcements I tried sampling a bit of the mangas of Trinity Seven: 7-Nin no Mahoutsukai and Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi. Both not very good from the handful of chapters I read. The latter made me think about things namely Dragon anime (and hence manga). I think I have fonder memories of both Dragonaut and Dragon Crisis (and they were mediocre)...though it has been a long time. And those were both mediocre. It made me think about how I'd struggle to name a dragon focused anime I liked. Well I enjoy High School DxD (more the books than the show) which does have plenty of dragon stuff...but I tend to think of that as a demon focused series.

So I'm wondering are there any decent dragon focused manga ?

Westlo

Kono Oneesan wa Fiction desu!? 1-24

1398.jpg

That's my Onee-san
tocry.png

Hopefully the incoming sister shakes things up a bit more.

Lasboss X Hero 1-9

Kinda interesting, wonder what's up with that final page.

Dynedom

I approve of the OT title. Can't really be slowjo hell now that KNIM and GE are both done and dusted, I guess.

Knight Run - 75

;_____________________;

Why did I read this? The art is pretty damn lousy (with some odd great shots which are very rare) and it's depressing as hell. Just about everything is predictable too. Still...

;_____________________;

edit: Fairy Tail is seriously smut now, isn't it? Or at least damn close. Kenichi is up there as well.

Shoujo hell would be filled with bullying, bitching and betrayal. Also Yomi.

In keeping with new OT tradition - something something list of stuff to read something something 1600 something something fuck me something

dumbyugi

Shokugeki no Soma 58

Spice guys judging went pretty much as expected, though I thought he would score a little higher. I'm hyped for the next chapter. I'm predicting a tie but spice guy will feel like he was defeated by Soma.

upandaway

Soma

I love me some surprised faces. This is super exciting. Also I said this before, but loyalty is the most endearing trait in a shonen dude ever, so the thing with Jun is spot on. Loving all of this. It's great. Also I haven't forgotten how Grimace kept entertaining the idea of Hayama losing like, every other chapter.

Anyway
QoVVJrL.png

#itsover

Soma 58

Shit just got real... Aroma bombs

Soma's love for egg dishes is getting overused
Also that Erina shocked face

I love how they are the only two who made a extra dish for each other... Real Rivals

I am sorry Takumi

Bakuman 102

This whole "PCP won't fly as an anime" makes me think of Death Note, which was much much worse and still got one. You slippin, Ohba.

I also feel that Mashiro will eventually draw for a different writer in addition to PCP. Do eeet.

Nisekoi
Raku's the most unwillingly alpha male around in this manga, his alpha pheromones are so powerful no female can resist them, there's no other plausible explanation.

Bakuman 106

NVHhRdl.png

waifu material

edit: I hope Mashiro enters the one-shot competition with someone else as writer, would create for a more interesting dynamic than another team-up with Takagi.

edit: Bakuman will make me look at WSJ ToCs in a different light.

Vito

Banned
Nisekoi 110

At least Onodera's sister is a proper tsundere and I'm getting a Tsugumi episode today

Fairy Tail

Caught up with the last few chapters, typical shonen shit. But I can't hate Mashima, not when he gives us all those lewd illustrations.

Soma 58

Needs more meat.

Aread D 68

Dat art.

aread.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom