• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
There are 4 volumes translated and volume 6 just came out in Japan. Hopefully now that it's a joint they'll do it faster.

Lain

Oresama Teacher volume 7
FQ8.jpg

Every volume of Oresama Teacher is pretty awesome, and what makes it so is always Mafuyu, The faces she's able to make, her legendary stupidity, her pure heart.
Watching her get excited to give her notes, only for us to find out her notebook is full of stupid jokes. And the notebook being one for every subject, where she marks the one with a pencil was just too much.

Volume also had that special chapter at the end with young Mafuyu. Best moe right there and then.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oresama Teacher is one of my favorites. Glad you like it, Lain!

Nisekoi 110
Well that was awkward

TWGOK's Magical Girl Kanon Thing
Justified for trout!Keima

Furyous

I shall remember everyone that Toriko is the best manga ever on the first page.

Toriko%E9%B3%A5%E5%AD%90.jpg

Who's this?

The Breaker: New Waves (I nominate Dem Waves as the new name because the full name takes too long to type.

9AD will be revered as a god by the people if this keeps up. If he's god then what does that make Shi-Hoon?

Cwarrior

Manga thread hasn't been any good(interesting to read discussions or have funny reactions to chapters or contain funny parodies ) since 2008-09, now it's nothing more then just animegaf 2.0 a bunch of perverts arguing endlessly back and forth about which millionth shallow 2d waifu is better then which and what random character they want to see together because reasons.

Simple it hasn't been any good since Azien, I blame duckroll his like the reverse Azien anything he touches turns to shit, ever since he showed up this thread went downhill.

His also rigged my gaf account to gold one in true villain fashion, when am morally against this shit, please get that gold filth off my account.

Manga thread hasn't been any good(interesting to read discussions or have funny reactions to chapters or contain funny parodies ) since 2008-09, now it's nothing more then just animegaf 2.0 a bunch of perverts arguing endlessly back and forth about which millionth shallow 2d waifu is better then which and what random character they want to see together because reasons.

Simple it hasn't been any good since Azien, I blame duckroll his like the reverse Azien anything he touches turns to shit, ever since he showed up this thread it went downhill.

His also rigged my gaf account to gold one in true villain fashion, when am morally acts this shit, please get that gold filth off my account.

Are we reading the same thread? ManGAF is all about shipping regular posters.

Also who the hell is Azien. Sounds racist as shit.

Haikyuu!! 95
tumblr_n11mvxuuFl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Excellent climax to the match, made more exciting by pretty deep on court action among those of Fukurodani, especially everyone and their dealings with the various moods of Bokuto, Akaashi, and more. It was highly entertaining and even more by going back to Tsukki.

I wonder whats next.

LeleSocho

Banned

Nice.

Shokugeki no Soma 58
Soma don't seem worried at all, either an huge flop or an huge win.

Tetsuwan Girl 27-31
Strangely this is way easier to read than...

Haikyuu!! 22-25
which takes me way more time to read even on the same number of chapters.
Also that Nekoma guy totally looks like a girl.

Lain

Simple it hasn't been any good since Azien, I blame duckroll his like the reverse Azien anything he touches turns to shit, ever since he showed up this thread it went downhill.

His also rigged my gaf account to gold one in true villain fashion, when am morally against this shit, please get that gold filth off my account.

Not sure if serious.

Last I checked (first volume, after which I said NOPE), the manga looks nothing like that. If it did, I would have tried enduring it... maybe.

Valentine's Day Kiss

I could only imagine that this had to have happened while Abe and Haruna were on the same team, nice times and their blushing faces. Best part of Oofuri.

Parallel Lines 3
tumblr_n11nvwjEPq1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Fashion school story was good so to see it not continue for a third chapter was sad at first but then it got back to my type of the high school boys in love. Lunch time fun behind the school in the park to boxing team misunderstandings was a good chance from the college stuff previous. Artists does kissing scenes good with the minor touches even too. All around good short story.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
the hell is gaf gold? is it worth complaining about?

High Score Girl 6
god the setting for this is so great. a school (pool?) yard snes vs. pc engine argument

upandaway

Nisekoi

You know you're deep down the romcom hole when interrupted confessions are happening every chapter basically out of nowhere, haha. And yeah Haru's transformation is pretty dangerous.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm just more confused now.

Nanka Kanojo ni Inumimi to Shippo Ga Haetan Daga Ore wa Dousurebaii?
(or my childhood friend got dog ears, what do I do now)
Fuck, I forgot how infuriating these translations were. It seemed like a cute story, too.

Sorry to impose on the ManGAF thread like this but it's the only subcommunity I regularly visit..

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, they give him at most 2 years which is the very very optimistic prognosis. It's hard to get details since he's in Kosovo but I think my father is going to visit him ASAP.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Rin 15
GOD DAMN IT. You can't just put him under hypnosis and not let us see the best part of his delusions! :(

edit: Shit, Glass Rebel. That's awful. I don't know anything very helpful to say, but I will hope for the best for both you and him.

Fuuka 2
Starts with nearly naked sisters, well that's a good sign.
My god, why did he think having the main character being a twitter addict was a good idea.
Maybe we should call this Tweet-addict or something like that

Sorry to impose on the ManGAF thread like this but it's the only subcommunity I regularly visit..

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, they give him at most 2 years which is the very very optimistic prognosis. It's hard to get details since he's in Kosovo but I think my father is going to visit him ASAP.

Sorry to hear man :(

Akito

So due to anime announcements I tried sampling a bit of the mangas of Trinity Seven: 7-Nin no Mahoutsukai and Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi. Both not very good from the handful of chapters I read. The latter made me think about things namely Dragon anime (and hence manga). I think I have fonder memories of both Dragonaut and Dragon Crisis (and they were mediocre)...though it has been a long time. And those were both mediocre. It made me think about how I'd struggle to name a dragon focused anime I liked. Well I enjoy High School DxD (more the books than the show) which does have plenty of dragon stuff...but I tend to think of that as a demon focused series.

So I'm wondering are there any decent dragon focused manga ?

I'm a bit curious about this too.
Obvious answer is obvious but Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken is the best thing I could think of right now.

Hopefully things go well shall send positive thoughts and prayers.

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I'm assuming you live nowhere near Kosovo, which doubtlessly doesn't help since it makes visiting difficult.

Kurita

My uncle died of cancer a few weeks ago so I know how you feel.
Stay strong.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Real Account 1
1000ish people using a social media thing like twitter get wrapped up into a game where if they die there, they die in real life. If they die, their followers die with them.

Really generic and too fast paced for me, but I just want to see who his follower is. Don't really care about this otherwise.

Lain

I wish all the best for your uncle man.

Aizo

Banned

I hope for the best for your family. And that apology is not necessary. One's feelings don't impose!
My uncle died of cancer a few weeks ago so I know how you feel.
Stay strong.

I'm sorry. I hope your family is holding up, and I hope you're doing all right.

Sad to hear about that. I hope for the best then!

I hope your uncle and your family will have the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom