• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Assuming the girls never stop coming.

I dunno man, I'd imagine that it would be pretty painful after the first hour.

Considering Addicted to Curry found a way to go for 535 Chapters, I'm not sure what to expect here.

And I'll never know how it ends.

Except that I bet F-cup didn't win.

Haha, seriously?

Also I bet that not all of those 535 chapters are going to be scanlated. :(

jman2050

Nisekoi 119

3qIOLM4.png

He's mocking us. He knows what he's doing and he's mocking his readership for just going along with it. He can just keep doing this forever if he wants to.

HAHAHAHAHA SHE HAS A KEY OF COURSE SHE DOES

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 119
wow, I didn't see her having a key coming at all! Not at all! Nope. Not one bit. Never.

But yeah, this girl is really bland. I wonder what that stare to Onodera was supposed to mean.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nisekoi 119:
KEYS KEYS KEYS KEYS PROMISES KEYS CHILDHOOD FRIENDS KEYS KEY ICHIJOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Real Account 3
Bld8Z5RCMAAOJ6M.png

I wonder if this ruins its chances of being animated. Have a few issues with the way it was resolved, specifically the make your face an x, would they really have gave a person who got beat up an x or something or really gave someone unattractive an x? Has someone ever seriously believed someone was truly ugly?

upandaway

Nisekey

Welp, more jealous male crowd jokes. Those are the best part of any romcom! They're so good, that they're also in every single romcom, and at least once every volume. Hahaha, oh well~

Not that Nisekoi is incredibly original but I kinda think this chapter was perhaps a bit too "standard", even for this manga. The classroom hijinks, living together, she loves him tease, "but we used to do it back then" jokes... a bit too intense rapid fire of tropes for me. I can enjoy Nisekoi on a simple level most of the time so it's a bit of a bummer when my tolerance fails me, I guess.

retcon: whoa this post is super negative, huh. that's not really what i was going for

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 12
Well that was a quick fight. Maybe his upgrade took a lot out of her or something. Why do I keep reading this anyway? It screams bland light novel plot.

Also some Gurren Lagann plagiarism:

It is based off a light novel so now you know!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
New girl in Nisekoi is boring, btw.

Honestly less interesting than Marika.

Lain

Absolute Monarch Syndrome volume 1
qvH.png

Not a bad read, though I liked it more when Kiri was the S and Taku the M in their relationship compared to when the roles switched (dominant woman > dominant man).
Something this volume forced me to notice is how in their house they don't have locks for the doors (Taku's mom gets one installed for Kiri's room when she starts to live with them) which feels really strange to me. Is that something normal in Japanese apartments/houses?

jman2050

New girl is... okay I guess. Not really crazy or bombastic but she's just forward, in a normal way.

Also she isn't Onodera, and that alone is a major plus.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for Nisekoi 1.5 358/2 Re:ReMIX HD
I am on board for this to become the new nickname

Sousei no Onmyouji 4
Didn't expect them to get to the human-impurity so quickly. He seemed like he was the big bad type. I wonder if they'll actually kill him. Poor Benio, watching her parents die like that must've been awful.

Also this was the best page:

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oresama Teacher 103
I have no idea what's going on anymore, but I'm pretty sure his bet is against the freaky blonde girl. And apparently Hayasaka has been a sleeper agent all along.

upandaway

Touhou Community Thread |OT| The Kantai Yuri Collection
Touhou Community Thread |OT| The Kancolle of 2D Shooters
Touhou Community Thread |OT| Sequel to Kancolle
Touhou Community Thread |OT| Winner of Best Kancolle Fan Game Awards
Touhou Community Thread |OT| Kancolle with clothes and story
Touhou Community Thread |OT| The Official Game Adaption of the Kancolle Anime

I'm completely stumped. Can't think of any thread title at all.

Can't wait for Nisekoi 1.5 358/2 Re:ReMIX HD
I've already memorized it.

Actually sorry I lied.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yotteke! Otoko Mura 1
Capable girl who hates men and believes in gender equality is transported by her father to a village where 98% of its population is male, in order to find a fiancee.

I didn't know I wanted this in my life.

kasane

Touhou Community Thread |OT| The Kantai Yuri Collection
Touhou Community Thread |OT| The Kancolle of 2D Shooters
Touhou Community Thread |OT| Sequel to Kancolle
Touhou Community Thread |OT| Winner of Best Kancolle Fan Game Awards
Touhou Community Thread |OT| Kancolle with clothes and story
Touhou Community Thread |OT| The Official Game Adaption of the Kancolle Anime

I'm completely stumped. Can't think of any thread title at all.

I've already memorized it.

Actually sorry I lied.

Touhou Community Thread |OT| Which anime is this?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Well she knows her because they all bear keys, but that stare was different from the one she gave Chitoge or Marika.

Yotteke! Otoko Mura 2
Child abandonment, woo. Although this isn't groundbreaking, it's still really pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom