• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Akame ga Kill is the perfect example of the term "trying too hard to be edgy."

I rolled my eyes silly during that cemetery scene.

The cemetery scene was basically the point where I realized I want Wild Hunt to be out of the story as soon as possible. It was good before some atrocity was committed every other panel. Too depressing.

upandaway

Well it is the time of the quarter for cancellations, but who knows. Sometimes the author comments in the volume shed some light on why it ended.

Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki reread ch1-7

Approaching May and still no +Imouto. Akito-man do you know if they're working on it, I hope they're working on it.

ZZIIBtn.png

:solune

_hekk05

Banned
Well it is the time of the quarter for cancellations, but who knows. Sometimes the author comments in the volume shed some light on why it ended.

Interestingly enough, the last page of chapter 9 says the next issue is going to introduce the student council president.

Code:
次号、舞台となるのは生徒会!カリスマ生徒会長様,推参っ!?

TL-ed

Next issue, the student council enters the stage! The charismatic student council president-sama pays an unannounced visit!?

Who to believe?

Edit: A wiki search of the mangaka brings

Code:
i・ショウジョ(週刊少年ジャンプ2014年12号-、[B]連載中[/B]、集英社)

I guess its continuing?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I once read a guro manga just because of curiosity.

I forget the title now. Or maybe my brain is just helping me here for making me not remembering.

Can't for the life of me figure why would there be a market for that kind of manga big enough to justify the genre's continued existence. Just why.

scy

So there's still some iShoujo dream left?!

Scy you need to read more gruesome mango to be a man.

at that point you will just learn to accept that shit happens

Nah. It's mostly that I just get attached to characters easy so I :( when they die or something. Honestly, it's not even that big of a deal and I usually forget quickly anyway.

Read some MANga.
Like Berserk, Fist of the North Star and Otokojuku.

I mean, I've read them (well, not the last one).

The sad part is, I still fall for them :( I guess I'm just weak lol

I don't fall for it as much in Akame anymore beyond some mild shock value. Kamisama no Iutoori on the other hand... (probably doesn't help I just read 30 chapters in a row). There's also a MUCH higher body count in that for both named and unnamed characters. Also probably helps it's in a modern real world setting while Akame ga Kill takes place in a total shithole of a world.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The cemetery scene was basically the point where I realized I want Wild Hunt to be out of the story as soon as possible. It was good before some atrocity was committed every other panel. Too depressing.

I am annoyed by it, truth be told. Like I said, trying too hard to be edgy.

I don't fall for it as much in Akame anymore beyond some mild shock value. Kamisama no Iutoori on the other hand... (probably doesn't help I just read 30 chapters in a row). There's also a MUCH higher body count in that for both named and unnamed characters. Also probably helps it's in a modern real world setting while Akame ga Kill takes place in a total shithole of a world.

Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I am curious............

kamisama_no_iutoori_fujimura_akeji_2757097.jpg

A promising beginning.

upandaway

Interestingly enough, the last page of chapter 9 says the next issue is going to introduce the student council president.

Code:
次号、舞台となるのは生徒会!カリスマ生徒会長様,推参っ!?

TL-ed

Who to believe?

Edit: A wiki search of the mangaka brings

Code:
i・ショウジョ(週刊少年ジャンプ2014年12号-、[B]連載中[/B]、集英社)

I guess its continuing?
So you rushed to conclusions huh

hekk, be careful please :lol

scy

Maybe "fall for it" isn't the right phrase but like ... it's still a "RIP, sorry that you died" sort of thing? I dunno. More than "not care" and less than "weeping uncontrollably."

Majikoi 33 END

6th or 7th placed girl (And who some mistakenly believe to be Best girl) wins.

Bleh.

Majikoi After Party!! V1 0-5

A completely untranslated, non canon version events of Yukie's (AKA 2nd or 3rd Best girl in the series) after story from the first game.

Some changes here and there, but it mainly involves Kokoro not giving up on trying to win Yamato.

Even if it means she has to rape him.

Probably.

He was chained up on her bed, completely naked, with her on top of him, so that's what I'm going with.

Mostly stuck around just to see better girl stay winning in a manga.

f065x4X.jpg

kasane

The translation site I frequent declared it dead and I believed them lol. I gotta send them an email

Sorry for jumping too far

hekk pls

Edit: also i remember reading a manga awhile back where they participate in gruesome games to become the next " god ", I forget the title tho :X

Maybe "fall for it" isn't the right phrase but like ... it's still a "RIP, sorry that you died" sort of thing? I dunno. More than "not care" and less than "weeping uncontrollably."

Well yeah, I don't generally actually cry for characters in fiction, but it's definitely more than not caring. I'm usually fully aware I'm being manipulated into this emotion, but I'm fine with that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kamisama no Iutoori

Intriguing. WTFBBQWTF, but intriguing.

Reminds me of Gantz.

Chapter 3

Holy fuck, it's so brutal. A flash of hope, with a flashback, and then BAM, dead :O

wonzo

Banned
Hirameki Hatsume-chan 15-16

Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

Kingdom 360-364

There's something about that dance sword fighting that looks really dumb when it's just panels of both of em in the air.

rip old guy

Zai x 10 17

magical girl iron chef owns. better than shokusoma

Prison School 107

this series is gods gift to art. fucking dead

scy

I feel like I should recognize that gif but I don't. Hrm.

Well yeah, I don't generally actually cry for characters in fiction, but it's definitely more than not caring. I'm usually fully aware I'm being manipulated into this emotion, but I'm fine with that.

Yeah, that works. That's about where I'm at.

but there is a best girl there

thankfully there's a spin-off all about her but the show was still baddddddddddd

--------------------------

Ar nosurge ~Umareizuru Hoshi e Inoru Uta~ 04

This story is sadly not all that interesting. Maybe it'll be better playing the actual game. Someday.

Charade

So the lesson here is that a bad show/manga can still have good waifus...

But can a show/manga with terrible waifus still be good?

jman2050

Zai x10 17

So this is basically your average episode of Chopped, no?

I was so sad when Nichibros got cancelled. Little did I know we'd get something even better to replace it. Anime when?

So the lesson here is that a bad show/manga can still have good waifus...

But can a show/manga with terrible waifus still be good?

Bad shows can have one standout character.

But not sure how a good show can have multiple terrible characters and still be good? Like what else are people going to like? The plot? The guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom