• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Bad shows can have one standout character.

But not sure how a good show can have multiple terrible characters and still be good? Like what else are people going to like? The plot? The guys?

Hey! Those are important too!

Like, every now and then.

..Err, as long as they touch on it every couple chapters or so....?

You now what, I'll stop lying to myself. Waifus are the best

kasane

Hey! Those are important too!

Like, every now and then.

..Err, as long as they touch on it every couple chapters or so....

You now what, I'll stop lying to myself. Waifus are the best

if you don't like waifus ill advice you to get the FUCK out of here.

:3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno about shows needing at least one good waifu though. Honey and clover is one of my favourite shows and I wouldn't call anyone there a waifu or husbando. They're all too broken as people, but that's what makes it interesting.

Well... maybe shinobu.

_hekk05

Banned
SOUSEI NO ONMYOUJI

bqanyt.jpg

A pair of onmyouji selected not only for their prowess in exorcism, but also their prowess in bed. Ohmy.gif

scy

Youkai Shoujo -Monsuga- 2

But that's certainly a thing (that's obviously just there to be misleading).

Well, it certainly was misleading.

It was lewder.

Youkai Shoujo 3 - I don't quite get cosplay fortune teller girl but this bit ended well? I guess? So now that neckgirl is living with him (+ ghost girl), does that mean next harem member soon?

wonzo

Banned
I dunno about shows needing at least one good waifu though. Honey and clover is one of my favourite shows and I wouldn't call anyone there a waifu or husbando. They're all too broken as people, but that's what makes it interesting.

Well... maybe shinobu.
honey & clover has tons of waifus and hasubandos tho

Charade

Well, it certainly was misleading.

It was lewder.

Youkai Shoujo 3 - I don't quite get cosplay fortune teller girl but this bit ended well? I guess? So now that neckgirl is living with him (+ ghost girl), does that mean next harem member soon?

So it was a popsicle, sort of. Just an...unusual flavor.

_hekk05

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka 12

PENETRATION slayed the beast.

DanMachi tells us why MMOs and RPGs like to give us fetch quests. I mean it took like 4 chapters for loli kyonyuu to give rabbit-san the knife. Fetch quests are extremely challenging!

scy

If you want the long of it, I'm not even sure I could explain it but it involves S&M and ramming things up his ass and tasting them. There's some explanation too so maybe it's a known youkai thing.

I'm going to go wash my hands just for typing that.

Charade

There's some explanation too so maybe it's a known youkai thing.

Yeah in the chapter they presented it like it was part of actual folklore. I couldn't find anything about it elsewhere, but I guess it could be a...thing. Must be a lesser known youkai lol

I'm convinced the author of Akame ga Kill is aware of his terrible writing abilities. He realized that he gave the character whose name is in the title no personality so she hasn't done anything important in like two years, and now he realizes that his main character sucks so he's spent the last 3 chapters on a better version of him (Wave).

The obvious course of action is to have the entirety of Night Raid get annihilated in the next chapter and then have Wave become the main character as he valiantly protects his waifu from comically evil rapists.

Cerity

TWGOK
lttp, but eh this could have ended better. Waifu choice aside, it just ended rather suddenly and with little impact.

Steam Dragon Express 1
Loving how calm this dude is.

Lain

With my day spent on D3 and then sleeping yesterday, I'm still catching up on the thread, but
Chihiro won in
TWGOK? That pleases me.

With my day spent on D3 and then sleeping yesterday, I'm stil lcatching up on the thread, but [snip] won in TWGOK? That pleases me.
C'mon man, if you're going to post something like that at least follow the OP and put TWGOK in bold above it so I have a chance to avoid reading it. I'd survived pages of endgame spoilers up until now.

I don't know how you could read this thread and not accidentally be spoiled yet. You'd need the eye control of a god.
It's my sharinnigen or whatever people keep talking about in Naruto.

The most hilarious thing is he can't ask people to spoiler tag shit because he's against censorship lol
dsjghdjhajsdas

Nah, the no spoiler tags thing is an established part of the manga OTs and I'm fine with that. I just think that if you're going to drop something that major you should give the standard bold series name heads-up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Youkai Shoujo Monsuga 3

You know, this manga could be potentially really cool. I always love youkai stories.

Even without the smuttiness it seems like it has the potential to be pretty fun. Also hey, the smuttiness can be a bonus too.

This seems to be turning into hell teacher nube, except waaaaaaaaaay smuttier.

LeleSocho

Banned
Hirameki Hatsume-chan 15-16

Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

Man i swear if it wasn't for random posts like this i couldn't remember what the heck i read not even to save my life.

There was also that manga about a guy and a girl who switched bodies (couldn't be a more generic description i know) and there was only the first chapter at the time... jeez my brain is upandawaying with time.

Dynedom

We're going to have a Basilisk-type ending to Akame ga Kill. Count on it. Noone is making it out alive.]

7 Deadly Sins

So what stops Helbraam from rising again? In addition: is Jericho going to wake up and do something to cement herself as a villain?

Lain

C'mon man, if you're going to post something like that at least follow the OP and put TWGOK in bold above it so I have a chance to avoid reading it. I'd survived pages of endgame spoilers up until now.

I'm sorry about that, with the way everyone has been talking about it since before the end I thought it was simply assumed to be so. I haven't even read the end since I don't read the scans of TWGOK and I was just going by the kind of posts that have been made about it as I was catching up on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom