• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Naruto - the good version
Yeah i finally fully understood what happened in this chapter.

There are two pixels of colours between soma's chin and the castle.

Godaamiiiit i have no idea how you can see that
fixed
sipgvf.png

Naruto 674

Madara got jealous over Sasuke's new eye and decided he wanted it.

He failed, cried, bitched, and ran away towards Kakashi and took his eye instead.

Complained that he didn't want that eye after all and went towards Obito to get his original eye back.

Such a child that man is.

Kreed

One Piece:

I think Kreed's problem here is he's putting Emperor Haki on a pedestal when it has only be shown to be able to deal with Fodders thus far.

The real problem is that any time I review a chapter of One Piece in this thread and get quoted (usually by gundamkyoukai) and I begin to respond to clarify my opinion, other posters like to jump in without following the quote chain and don't understand what's going on because they don't follow the chain of posts.

Naruto

Madara took the eye and used it very easily while Naruto and Sasuke are trying to understand their and Madara's powers.

Bleach

Hell yeah, i love when broken abilities finish off their users. It reminds me a lot with Barragan who dies because his own ability used against him. Brilliant.

one piece

Lol at anyone who thought Robin did not know or meet Sabo. Da flamingo is broken as shit. Controlling everyone on the island and making them his puppets is very haxed.

Toriko

Lol at that last page.

U Q Holder

Loli got hit.

Kingdom

Amazing instincts for Sei. Just kill Ryoufi already.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm still relatively new to manga.

The only manga I've read fully was Full Metal Alchemist (I saw the first anime way back when it came out, then a few years later, once the manga reached around chapter 75, I finally got to reading the manga. Started from the beginning, caught up, then followed it until it completed as the chapters released monthly.)

When Naruto began airing on Toonami (I think it was in late 2012), near the end of the bridge arc, I decided to go ahead further. I marathoned Naruto and Shippuden (including almost all of filler hell >_>) over the first quarter of 2013. Once I caught up with Shippuden, I then went to the manga, starting off slightly before where Shippuden had reached... and I caught up with the manga from there. But the first ~500 chapters of the manga or so I never read.

I've always meant to get around to One Piece, and ever since it aired on Toonami, I've gotten the motivation to dive in fully. I've started reading it from the beginning (I'm only at around chapter 75 though - I've been told the events Toonami is showing are around chapter 300-something - CP9 has found Franky and Usopp, we just saw the Tom's Workers backstory and learned Spandam's identity as the head of CP9)
I fully plan to catch up with the manga, and then watch the anime from scratch.

I've always read praise for the fluidity of Hiromu Arakawa's battles in FMA, and, indeed, I've always found it very easy to discern what was going on in a panel, and imagine the transitions between panels, the very choreography of a fight itself.

With One Piece and Naruto, I often find myself having trouble identifying what is going on in a panel, or even locating individual characters within all the scribbles meant to represent rubble, debris, techniques, and fast movement.

Is it just something you have to get used to? Or are Kishimoto and (Early One Piece) Oda just bad at drawing these kinds of scenes? Or do I just suck at reading manga and arakawa just has a gift? :p

The only manga I've read fully was Full Metal Alchemist (I saw the first anime way back when it came out, then a few years later, once the manga reached around chapter 75, I finally got to reading the manga. Started from the beginning, caught up, then followed it until it completed as the chapters released monthly.)

When Naruto began airing on Toonami (I think it was in late 2012), near the end of the bridge arc, I decided to go ahead further. I marathoned Naruto and Shippuden (including almost all of filler hell >_>) over the first quarter of 2013. Once I caught up with Shippuden, I then went to the manga, starting off slightly before where Shippuden had reached... and I caught up with the manga from there. But the first ~500 chapters of the manga or so I never read.

I've always meant to get around to One Piece, and ever since it aired on Toonami, I've gotten the motivation to dive in fully. I've started reading it from the beginning (I'm only at around chapter 75 though - I've been told the events Toonami is showing are around chapter 300-something - CP9 has found Franky and Usopp, we just saw the Tom's Workers backstory and learned Spandam's identity as the head of CP9)

I've always read praise for the fluidity of Hiromu Arakawa's battles in FMA, and, indeed, I've always found it very easy to discern what was going on in a panel, and imagine the transitions between panels, the very choreography of a fight itself.

With One Piece and Naruto, I often find myself having trouble identifying what is going on in a panel, or even locating individual characters within all the scribbles meant to represent rubble, debris, techniques, and fast movement.

Is it just something you have to get used to? Or are Kishimoto and (Early One Piece) Oda just bad at drawing these kinds of scenes? Or do I just suck at reading manga and arakawa just has a gift? :p
......you should read Toriko to solve your problems

;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Read Bleach, amazing art. Tite Kubo is a very talented artist.

robox

ya, dofla.... if law can control everything within a confined space, which isn't all that big, dofla can control anything he can attach with his strings...

plus making dopplegangers...

paramecia on the level, if not beyond logia

OP does get busy and if you reading bad scans that also hurts.
The art does change but OP to this day is still a busy manga and Oda uses a good amount of panels each page.
Best advice i can give you is look for best quality when reading , it may take some more time getting accustom to reading certain manga or spend more time on the page .
Other than that there is not much you can do other than looking for other manga that easier for you to read .

One Piece:

What I'm saying is that had Luffy fought Doflamingo in place of Crocodile or any time before the CP9 arc, Oda wouldn't have written Doflamingo with Emperor Haki or built him up as much, because Haki hadn't existed yet and Luffy wasn't as strong of an opponent. OR, in a reverse scenario, if Luffy had fought with Crocodile after getting Haki, Oda would have likely written Crocodile as having Emperor Haki.

This isn't relevant to the Yonko outside of Shanks and Blackbeard because none of the other Yonko appeared in the manga prior to the introduction of Haki, and Blackbeard has progressively gotten stronger in the story similar to Luffy, so him having Haki fits with his progression.

This is true but your point only applies to Doflamingo's haki, not to the other aspects of his character. I agree that if Doflamingo had been encountered earlier he would not have had haki, but him being built up as a former noble and underground dealer is solely plot-related and has no bearing on his strength as an opponent whatsoever. These are likely elements that were always intended to be part of his character in some capacity regardless of his strength or at what point of the story we met him.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Can you explain it to me?

Madara has been using a "limbo" technique here and there, it seemed like it was just a force push or telekinetic impact technique. With Sasuke and Naruto's new abilities, they were able to discern its true nature, Naruto with extrasensory perception and Sasuke with straight up Rinnegan vision. Limbo is an invisible mirror version of Madara that he can project temporarily to attack and defend. It's immune to normal attacks, but can be damaged by sage chakra.

Sasuke's new eye allows him to use some variety of space/time jutsu and teleport, but only within a certain range. He used that and his ability to see the Limbo Madara to dance around him a bit, and work with Naruto to try and imprison Madara via Shukaku's sealing jutsu and a saged-up Chidori. Madara used substitution jutsu once imprisoned, swapping his real body for his Limbo body. He stole Kakashi's eye, implanted it, and was able to use it immediately due to Hashirama's healing cells. Sasuke chopped him in half, but he used Kamui to teleport his top half to the Kamui dimension in an attempt to retrieve his other Rinnegan.

Anything else you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom