• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I was expecting some Chiharu mention from Zweizer. It was more painful to read when the scans was ongoing at a slow pace, I remember a sizeable dump of chapters all the way until the train scene with Chiharu and then it took a break. Unsurprisingly, this gets a lot of discussion on her character in many forums. It loses some mystery/speculation elements about her after their next encounter because it shed more of her character which could very well be more ambiguous in the first place.

While I agree Tanishi is an infuriating lead to follow, I don't think making the readers hate the story is a bad thing. If you want obvious signs of foreshadowing, then there was a chapter cover which had Chiharu pulling up her panties after she's done with her business in the toilet cubicle. It was an unglamorous moment first shown to the readers which contrast with her 'innocence' back then.

If you like Boys on the Run, I am a Hero is a better manga from Kengo Hanazawa.

I never go much into details for my impressions as I try to avoid spoiling potential readers at all costs, which is why I didn't mention Chiharu. I found her pretty interesting and relatable, even if some of her actions were rather despicable, and I liked how she subverted that image of "pure girl" some people imagined her to be.

I agree with the notion that having a dislikable story and lead isn't necessarily bad, as it allows the author to take it into territories most other series wouldn't dare, and as such it manages to tell a pretty realistic story.

A pretty interesting read for sure. Not a particularily enjoyable one, but I liked it. I am a Hero is in my (ever-growing) backlog.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah it's a very painful read, with moments that really piss you off because of how unfair things get, yet it's what makes it realistic. It's what sets it apart from most of other manga of this genre though. I dunno. I liked it because of how powerfully emotional it is.

i can agree with this, it certainly has aspects of realism compared to other mangas. however, tanishi is still a bum for almost hooking up with chiharu's friend.

I was expecting some Chiharu mention from Zweizer. It was more painful to read when the scans was ongoing at a slow pace, I remember a sizeable dump of chapters all the way until the train scene with Chiharu and then it took a break. Unsurprisingly, this gets a lot of discussion on her character in many forums. It loses some mystery/speculation elements about her after their next encounter because it shed more of her character which could very well be more ambiguous in the first place.

While I agree Tanishi is an infuriating lead to follow, I don't think making the readers hate the story is a bad thing. If you want obvious signs of foreshadowing, then there was a chapter cover which had Chiharu pulling up her panties after she's done with her business in the toilet cubicle. It was an unglamorous moment first shown to the readers which contrast with her 'innocence' back then.

If you like Boys on the Run, I am a Hero is a better manga from Kengo Hanazawa.

must read i am a hero now.

I remember BakedYams saying it just drove him to be more motivated for med schools. I think for what its worth, the manga ( or Aoyama ) succeeded.

it definitely has.

wait yams is in medschool

gl dude.

im almost going

since i saved up quite a bit.

anyways im in a mood for smut. Its hard to find one when i almost read every good one

im going to med school, hopefully some schools find me competitive enough, just got a hook up to volunteer with community service at a hospital so that might help me out quite a bit. saving up money will be impossible for me since im only 23 with a bachelors so ill loan it up and pay it steadily for 10 years in installments and get loans wiped clean. also this manga showed me how i do not want to be a useless bum with no balls. although tanishi goes apeshit later on, literally.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Soma 92
Well, damn, a draw.
Guess the avatar bet is null huh? Though i'll be honest, i won't mind using Hayama as avatar, he look so fucking sexy.

Also, damn that Kurokiba food. I'm craving for some eel!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Soma 92
Well, damn, a draw.
Guess the avatar bet is null huh? Though i'll be honest, i won't mind using Hayama as avatar, he look so fucking sexy.

Also, damn that Kurokiba food. I'm craving for some eel!
The avatar bet should still stand because ypu got it wrong

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Soma 92

my_trap_card.jpg

dani_dc

Shokugeki no Soma 92

This is what you have 5 judges and not four, what is wrong with the last judge?

Evil-soma dishes always suffer from having to be eaten in a particular order too.
Curry guy dish was superior.

I hope this chapter is a fake out and in chapter 93 the members of the commit go "No, only one can pass".

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shokugeki no Soma 92

This is what you have 5 judges and not four, what is wrong with the last judge?

Evil-soma dishes always suffer from having to be eaten in a particular order too.
Curry guy dish was superior.

I hope this chapter is a fake out and in chapter 93 the members of the commit go "No, only one can pass".

but then the twist would be gone...

Dresden

It'll go like this:

1. Hayama
2. Soma
3. Emoma

Emoma has to lose to Soma so his half brother can take the edge away.

Soma has to lose to Hayama so the Road to Erina isn't so straightforward.

Hayama wins because this is his moment and he'll be marginalized into naked-apron senpai tier afterward.

Defuser

Shokugeki no Soma ch 92
The solution to mangagaf's bet? Since it's a tie and both went to the finals which will get their ass kick by Soma which means all those posters who made bets on either side will wear a Soma avatar instead.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Btw, I've decided to null the bet.

Feel free to wear an avatar of Curry-san unf unf unf for the next week though, I might do it myself.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Shokugeki no Soma ch 92
The solution to mangagaf's bet? Since it's a tie and both went to the finals which will get their ass kick by Soma which means all those posters who made bets on either side will wear a Soma avatar instead.

The solution is that they should change because they got it wrong

Btw, I've decided to null the bet.

Feel free to wear an avatar of Curry-san unf unf unf for the next week though, I might do it myself.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll laugh if it turns out Kurokiba is Soma's bastard brother.

I don't even know where his mom is, come to think of it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Three way should actually make the finals interesting.

No complaints from me.

Soma still gonna win because he's soma.

So, who wants to set up the finals being pool?

Momo Sora 01-03

l2C43B2l.png

The adventures of a recently widowed woman and her two step children as they start living in the countryside.

Yes, another city kids go to the country side and have heartwarming adventures together. It seems to be a new fad (which is pretty much better than imoutos). Its heartwarming, its cute, will keep reading.

Dresden

But seriously though, it was 2 votes for Hayama vs. 1 vote for Kurokiba and a judge that abstained. How is that a tie? Dojima set this shit up. Currylord got robbed.

Life Alive! The Student Council Elections I Started with You 00-01

That main guy from Hanagai is now in a new school where the girls uniform is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. He's now tasked to fake date the younger sister of the student council president cause that will somehow let her to become student council president or something.

This is stupid.

Usobuko

Banned
Animal Kingdom

Some grotesque looking monsters that your irregular animals would fought against. Somestimes, in a 1v1 situation. It's like the author channel his inner Gash Bell's Clear Note final form syndrome and these are the only the 'minions'.

Souma 92

Curry got robbed. Hinako and Fuyumi's opinion > Taki.

And Dojima was obviously trolling and only chose Dog so that he can pull this triple threat match bullshit.

You know I really like the anime Opening for 7 Deadly Sins. It gives off that adventurous fantasy feeling that I love.

I think I should catch up with the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom