• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshi, one of the member in the killer duo, undergo a gradual transformation that is repulsive to the readers but at the same time it feels so real and humane. This was Infinite Justice first impression on the manga.

Indeed, Mon will acknowledge himself in this world.

there were more impressions i had past the point where
Toshi pretty much fucking breaks and turns into grade A scum.
. All of them are basically the same reaction

edit

Indeed.

At 61 now it just pushes shit further and further.

Plus his annoying accomplice? nope not anymore.

I wonder how much can the author push this thing because holy crap they need every single God combined :O

The prime Minister is a fucking boss though LOL

The World is Mine 61 -127

WHAT

THE

FUCK.

the author keeps pushing and pushing this decadence and i just can't look away.

Like train gone severely off trails.

Also yes he did acknowledge himself
(dude went against fucking Higamudon(?) and lived, though i wonder if they are related somehow since his back hair would look like a bear if it grew out more tbh and all the death and destruction that follows in each other's wake)
lol

Sket Dance 279

Ahhhhhhhh, so good. I'll take new chapters with the new student council and Sket Dan please!

Also, I see its time for the conquer the school ending!

Usobuko

Banned
there were more impressions i had past the point where
Toshi pretty much fucking breaks and turns into grade A scum.
. All of them are basically the same reaction

Also yes he did acknowledge himself
(dude went against fucking Higamudon(?) and lived, though i wonder if they are related somehow since his back hair would look like a bear if it grew out more tbh and all the death and destruction that follows in each other's wake)
lol

Haha, I was just giving him your initial thoughts on the manga. The crystallization of
Toshi's transformation
was he literally bends over for
Mon. "My ass is yours!"

wonzo

Banned
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 14-26
gekkanshoujo19.jpg

ntr fetishist spinoff pls

It's nice to see all the bits and pieces they cut from the anime for pacing reasons.

the dollhouse
dead.png

wonzo

Banned
Blood Blockade Battlefront 1-4

flicked through the first volume and it was kinda ass which tbf was expected from a nightow thing. some nice pages tho but it aint enough to keep me reading

Stretch 27b

man ran's only a few mixers away from filling up her own yuri harem

H2 1-338 END

All that was for nothing. It took 338 chapters to stay the same. The ending was pretty predictable though if you knew when the manga was going to end because it wasn't set up for Hiro to win. If Hiro had won, the other characters would've been in an even worst spot -- Hideo and Haruka, that is, because they were never set up to get together. It was a nice read but longer than it needed to be and I felt a few of the baseball games should've been cut. The fourth wall breaking was terrible. I didn't see Hikari's mother's death coming but those chapters were some of the best -- really well done. Overall though Cross Game is much preferred in every respect.

elyetis

H2 1-338 END

All that was for nothing. It took 338 chapters to stay the same. The ending was pretty predictable though if you knew when the manga was going to end because it wasn't set up for Hiro to win. If Hiro had won, the other characters would've been in an even worst spot -- Hideo and Haruka, that is, because they were never set up to get together. It was a nice read but longer than it needed to be and I felt a few of the baseball games should've been cut. The fourth wall breaking was terrible. I didn't see Hikari's mother's death coming but those chapters were some of the best -- really well done. Overall though Cross Game is much preferred in every respect.
Seems like you ended up with the same feeling I had, that's probably why I have only read H2 once, while I read cross game or Touch like once a year.
I wouldn't call it bad, but it was pretty disapointing compared to Touch I read just before.

Akito

Alright, I'm going to throw this out here, see if anybody wants in.

"Short but sweet" Trade Read Club.

Weekly read of mostly one-shots to 2 volumes max so there's not too much commitment.

5 reads a week.

Must be completed and available in english.

It'd be optimal if each person can bring in at least 5 of their favourite short reads seeing that there's probably going to be a few overlap, but you can just join in to discover new stuff to read.

If you've read something on the list already just post a short summary about it.

Probably no penalty just to keep things casual, unless people want a penalty.

Hentai is a no go. Lewd is ok, just be sensible about it.

I'll see how it goes first though, if there aren't enough participants or if there are too few works to rotate through it's probably a no go.

Anybody in? Just quote this portion and put your name underneath if you are.
Akito

Well I'm in for now but if this happens concurrently to the Touch reading club, it's gonna be pretty busy.

H2 1-338 END

It went on for so long cause we at least saw a team acutally compete at Koushien for once and I really appreciate that. As for the ending I was also kinda bummed at first but it was the best outcome for all of them all things considered. And it's been a while since I last read this but I don't remember H2 having much more breaking the 4th wall jokes than Adachi's other manga, CG for example had its fair share of it as well.

It went on for so long cause we at least saw a team acutally compete at Koushien for once and I really appreciate that. As for the ending I was also kinda bummed at first but it was the best outcome for all of them all things considered. And it's been a while since I last read this but I don't remember H2 having much more breaking the 4th wall jokes than Adachi's other manga, CG for example had its fair share of it as well.

Was that why? Cause they went to the Koushien 3 times in the manga. 3. I only read some of the manga for Cross Game but I saw all of the anime so I never experienced any 4th wall breaking jokes there. I guess I should read all of it but knowing the anime covers it all and more with a near perfect adaptation makes me not want to, really. The main reason I read H2 over touch is because it was more modern but if Touch is a better story then I've no choice but to read it. H2 kind of burned me out on baseball stories though -- yet I never felt that way about Cross Game.

About Cross Game, I was really hoping they'd go to the Koushien because I wanted to know if Wakaba's dream would come true in regards to Aoba playing center somehow.

Akito

Was that why? Cause they went to the Koushien 3 times in the manga. 3. I only read some of the manga for Cross Game but I saw all of the anime so I never experienced any 4th wall breaking jokes there. I guess I should read all of it but knowing the anime covers it all and more with a near perfect adaptation makes me not want to, really. The main reason I read H2 over touch is because it was more modern but if Touch is a better story then I've no choice but to read it. H2 kind of burned me out on baseball stories though -- yet I never felt that way about Cross Game.

About Cross Game, I was really hoping they'd go to the Koushien because I wanted to know if Wakaba's dream would come true in regards to Aoba playing center somehow.
Out of his 3 big series, H2 is the most sporty series, CG the least one and Touch is somewhere in between, not coincidentally H2 is the longest and CG is the shortest series. If you're not the biggest baseball fan I can easily see why H2 would eventually wear you out. And yeah, the anime adaptations usually leave out most of the 4th wall breaking jokes, too bad the H2 anime is shite. Touch on the other hand doesn't have too many of those I think but you can give the anime a try regardless, the 80s soundtrack is really great.

And about CG, I don't think there's any chance for Aoba actually playing a game at Koushien, Wakaba has to be satisfied with Koh using Aoba's form while looking pretty similar to her from a distance lol
Or you can read Idol A for that alternate reality.

Zweizer

Banned

Weekly read of mostly one-shots to 2 volumes max so there's not too much commitment.

5 reads a week.

It'd be optimal if each person can bring in at least 5 of their favourite short reads seeing that there's probably going to be a few overlap, but you can just join in to discover new stuff to read.

If you've read something on the list already just post a short summary about it.

I'll see how it goes first though, if there aren't enough participants or if there are too few works to rotate through it's probably a no go.

I am Zweizer and I'm in.
When does it begin?

Zweizer

Banned
Stretch ch27b

Ran must be some sort of yuri magnet.

Zai x 10 ch28

I need a spin-off starring these three in a slice of life setting.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm just going to let the offer run for a full day and a half first just to hopefully get more people biting.

Then I'll send a PM to each of you to compile a list and then pick them out so that there's the least overlap, so hopefully everyone gets to read something they haven't yet initially.

Also I said 2 volumes max but I'm going to mix in the short ones with the longer ones because it's meant to be low commitment. Seeing that it's like 5 reads a week, 10 volumes would make the commitment too big.

So far we have:

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer

edit: hell, 5 reads a week of 1 volume books might be too much also. Might change depending on what I get I guess.

Skele7on

Banned
I have a confession.

I am completely out of sync with naruto at the moment.

As I remember I was just at the part in the manga when:

They had just unmasked Tobi as being Obito Uchiha

Can anyone give me the chapter number so I can start burning through it again?

Cheers

Erigu

[Gunnm Mars Chronicle 1]

Here we go! 14 more years?

Wonder how long the flashback is going to be. Especially considering it's not even framed like a flashback, this time around.
And of course, I wonder how much of the plot of the PlayStation game will remain relevant, if any. Seems Gally/Yôko already matters quite a bit, for one thing...

Also, next episode in one month, and then two episodes/month? Yes, please!

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch5

We got the potential love interest and another high stakes challenge. The freedom granted to teachers might make it interesting though.

dani_dc

5 reads a week.

dani_dc

Mostly for the reading, haven't read many one-shots.

rrvv

Suzuka 151-160

I guess I know why Seo is infamous now

Suzuka 161-167 [END]

well that was interesting journey. in bad way

I dont think I want to re-read it again. incredibly bland romance with few twist

5 reads a week.

rrvv

I like this idea especially I am busy this past few days

Zweizer

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan ch77

But video games taught me that rumours were always true!

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch78

What would their tricks be?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Suzuka 151-167.5
Dammit Seo, first, you make the father forgive Yamato, then come the pregnant scene. Fucking Yamato, if he really want to do it, should have use protection.
My god, i really, really hate Yamato.Their decision really fuck those around him and Suzuka. Seriously Yamato, what the hell. Who cares about other when we have true love!!?
Fuck that!

So, it end with wedding, Yamato being lucky bastard getting accepted to a company, and after one year of struggle, manage to have wedding reception.

Anyway. It's over. It's finalyl over. I'm done with this.

In other news, charm in Seo world really work. Wait a minute, don't tell me that delivery charm joke is a foreshadowing? Woah.jpg

Anyway, for those who haven't read it. I can't really recommend this manga. It got stupid drama and stupid conflict. The art not really good, and it suffer same face syndrome that's kinda annoying when you look at it. He gotten better at Kimi no iru machi and fuuka though (the art, i mean). This is a mix of various thing, sport, drama, and such. If you want to enjoy good drama combined with sport, read Adachi MItsuru manga. It's 100x better.

I give this Seo out of Seo

The only reason i can suppress my rage is because i'm listening to
First Love Picture Book sung by Aki Toyosaki.
Thank you Honeywork and Aki-san

dani_dc

Suzuka 151-167.5
Dammit Seo, first, you make the father forgive Yamato, then come the pregnant scene. Fucking Yamato, if he really want to do it, should have use protection.
My god, i really, really hate Yamato.Their decision really fuck those around him and Suzuka. Seriously Yamato, what the hell. Who cares about other when we have true love!!?
Fuck that!

So, it end with wedding, Yamato being lucky bastard getting accepted to a company, and after one year of struggle, manage to have wedding reception.

People hate on Suzuka way too much, she might have been an unpleasant person to be around, but she wasn't an horrible person like Yamato. He was just a flat out an horrible person that always went too far with no regard for others. His only achievements during the manga was destroying Suzuka dreams.

Zweizer

Banned
People hate on Suzuka way too much, she might have been an unpleasant person to be around, but she wasn't an horrible person like Yamato. He was just a flat out an horrible person that always went too far with no regard for others. His only achievements during the manga was destroying Suzuka dreams.

Yep, it's pretty impressive how much of a selfish and moronic twat he remained in the course of the series. He actually made me pity Suzuka of all people, who, for all her flaws, at least didn't actively ruin other people's lives.

Revo

Nisekoi 145

Shuu spicing up the events as always.

And I was wondering how they were being contained by the tape x)

5 reads a week.

ArclightBorealis.

I don't really have any material of my own to contribute, but I'm interested to read what everyone else brings. I'm in.

VRMN

A few decent gags, Shu being Shu, etc. Not...quite sure what was so appealing about the Kosaki skit...bouncing is all I've can think of. All the frame of Haru did was make me wish she was more involved week to week. Yui has basically vanished as well.

dani_dc

Niseko 145

Eh, a bit of an odd chapters, some events were funny, others no so much.
It was nice seeing Marika being rational for once though. And Chitoge had good moments in this.

Yep, it's pretty impressive how much of a selfish and moronic twat he remained in the course of the series. He actually made me pity Suzuka of all people, who, for all her flaws, at least didn't actively ruin other people's lives.

The most amazing thing is that he keeps being rewarded by his awful behavior. Culminating on getting a kid, a job and still managing to win 2nd place at the Olympic games.

A few decent gags, Shu being Shu, etc. Not...quite sure what was so appealing about the Kosaki skit...bouncing is all I've can think of. All the frame of Haru did was make me wish she was more involved week to week. Yui has basically vanished as well.

Kosaki was a bouncing
(+ oral sex
) gag I'd say.

I keep forgetting Yui exists. Probably a good thing since she's was extremely uninteresting in all the scenes that she was on that didn't involve trolling the readers with the hope of the plot moving along.

Always needs more Haru though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tokyo DTED Chapter 8

This reminds me awfully of another manga from Kio Shimoku called Kagerou Nikki. The female lead also pretend to be one who play the field while being a virgin at the same time. She ends up falling in love with a guy who acted exactly like her. The difference is DTED's narrative often felt more to the point, feeding you information regarding the characters directly instead of a more natural slice-of-life pacing. I don't inherently think girls who put on cute and innocent act are the manipulative ones. I do think they are the more popular choices to the opposite sex because most guys I know don't go for the drop dead gorgeous seemingly hard to approach girl. They took the route where they assumed the chances of their feelings being reciprocated back are higher. Re-reading chapter 1, I can't help but to feel that Shiraishi Kaede has some shades of Chiharu. Tetsuo said his brother wasn't aware of his feelings, that might be true. It's also correct to say Kaede doesn't betray him since they weren't going out in the first place. I just find it hard to believe a decent human with sufficient empathy would conveniently forgot their 'promise' together. Maybe its the way the story was narrated, the kind of shock Tetsuo has seems like she went out with his brother before telling him in the first place. It's like he simply stumbled to this revelation out of nowhere.

Hm, I haven't noticed the shades of Chiharu but I do think she kept stringing him along for that oh he likes me and I feel good about it so I'll keep me near me mentality. Tetsuo shows his naivety like night and day in the manga, how would you meet a supposed virgin that is willing to flash off at you when drinking? Plus she has taken in alcohol before. I feel like this manga isn't gonna be frustrated as Boys on the Run because there is no potential with any of these women that work in the bar. Its gonna become an Itazura na Kiss where he begins to have the mentality of hurting women emotionally for the sake of revenge. The story is going to get much more messed up if its going at the pace it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom