• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 50

I have no idea what the hell is in those puffs.
Nice scene at the end with them both saying to each other "Go For it".
Not much will come out of it I'm guessing, but it's good that the characters are acknowledging their feelings. Feels like progress. Or as close as you can get in a RomCom.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 50

Move over Junji Ito

z4YJxhQ.jpg

Yes.

PK Gaming

Honey Crush 1-13 END

444xPr2.png

A melancholic manga about a young girl who died and became a ghost. It chronicles her exploits and general misadventures as she tries to drive off anyone who gets close to her crush. Despite being mostly comedic, you never quite shake the fact that protagonist died before really getting to live her life, so there's this sad undercurrent to it. There are some pretty poignant chapters as well, so it's not always laidback.

Overall it's a cute and emotional read. Guess who's going to tear up during the last chapter? That's right, you will.

dani_dc

Toriko 299

So this arc will be about the insurgence of moneys. I suppose that's a way of dealing with the King of monkeys without actually fighting him.

there is some speculation going on that the Instructors are eating all the food for themselves in order to team up and betray Bambina

if so then I cold see them getting pair without fighting him

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
People hate on Suzuka way too much, she might have been an unpleasant person to be around, but she wasn't an horrible person like Yamato. He was just a flat out an horrible person that always went too far with no regard for others. His only achievements during the manga was destroying Suzuka dreams.

Yep, it's pretty impressive how much of a selfish and moronic twat he remained in the course of the series. He actually made me pity Suzuka of all people, who, for all her flaws, at least didn't actively ruin other people's lives.

Yeah, this pretty much sumup my feeling for yamato. Suzuka, she is an anooying person you'd rather have minimal contact with, while Yamato is the kind of guy you want to punch everytime you meet him.

Rhapsody

Banned
NIsekoi 145

I don't think Nisekoi really needs more small fan service. It's not like the rankings have been bad lately, so I don't know why the sudden change. It was an alright chapter. For some reason, the art wasn't as good as some of the others to me.

dani_dc

So what does mangaGAF think of Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme?

NIsekoi 145

I don't think Nisekoi really needs more small fan service. It's not like the rankings have been bad lately, so I don't know why the sudden change. It was an alright chapter. For some reason, the art wasn't as good as some of the others to me.

One of the things I enjoyed about Nisekoi earlier on is that it didn't had too much fanservice . That seems to be changing over time.

Raxus

Bleach

I guess the N was for 'No relevance to the plot'

One Piece

...Oh :(

Naruto

At this point if the last chapter doesn't end with a make out session between Naruto and Sasuke I will be disappointed.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So what does mangaGAF think of Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme?

One of the things I enjoyed about Nisekoi earlier on is that it didn't had too much fanservice . That seems to be changing over time.

Unreal...
I feel sorry for the team who made it, but with that kind of art, i really hope the story is good...
THough on the other hand, the steam review is fucking hilarious!

Jitsu Wa watashi wa 50

Well, nothing happening, but hey, Mikan magical girl is something to behold!

Nisekoi 145

Even more nothing! Is there no end to this madness!?

Rhapsody

Banned
So months back, I preordered the Horimiya vol 6 in advance as a little birthday treat for today.

EMS took 3 days for it to ship out of Tokyo, so it isn't here yet :/

Nisekoi 145

Marika confirmed for mature and sophisticated. Everyone else confirmed for useless fanservice material.

Alright, I'm going to throw this out here, see if anybody wants in.

"Short but sweet" Trade Read Club.

Weekly read of mostly one-shots to 2 volumes max so there's not too much commitment.

5 reads a week.

Must be completed and available in english.

It'd be optimal if each person can bring in at least 5 of their favourite short reads seeing that there's probably going to be a few overlap, but you can just join in to discover new stuff to read.

If you've read something on the list already just post a short summary about it.

Probably no penalty just to keep things casual, unless people want a penalty.

Hentai is a no go. Lewd is ok, just be sensible about it.

I'll see how it goes first though, if there aren't enough participants or if there are too few works to rotate through it's probably a no go.

Anybody in? Just quote this portion and put your name underneath if you are.
A Huge Battleship

Not usually one for reading clubs because my schedule can be kind of a mess, but this seems pretty light. Judging from my MAL, I'll have a good number of suggestions for shorter stuff.

So months back, I preordered the Horimiya vol 6 in advance as a little birthday treat for today.

EMS took 3 days for it to ship out of Tokyo, so it isn't here yet :/

EMS generally takes like a week at least in my experience. It's good if you want things 'fast'.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch141

Now I suddenly want to eat some beef tongue.

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary ch13

Sunny side up eggs are hardcore.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, for the "It's not the length, it's how you use it" club, we have:

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer
dani_dc
rrvv
dakkumauji
ArclightBorealis
A Huge Battleship

Looking good. I can already tell that we're going to have some dowman sayman and yandere one-shots. :p

Going to let this run for another 6 hours or so aka when I finish my work, then I'll send PMs out to compile a list.

Should be able to start by Saturday-Sunday.

VRMN

Wait, wait...what? We're talking about a manga that counted among its opening arcs Tsugumi's introduction that featured her in her underwear and the one where Raku was trapped in the girls' onsen and kissed Chitoge on the butt.

...it's very rarely done anything like that since. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Kosaki mini-arc that just passed was the only time since then it's even had the girls naked "on camera." For a harem manga, Nisekoi actually doesn't have a lot of fanservice, which is one of the reasons I can stand it despite its meandering plot. That and the reaction faces. Seriously, for all his flaws in telling a story with this series, Komi has facial expressions down.

Prison School 141

Is Andre superhuman?
And lol at that response

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 50

Magical girls are scary.

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 13

Cyclops bullying ):
12 pages 2short

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 11

fea949a433.jpg

That smugness

Powered through Fuuka from beginning to current chapter...seriously did not see any of that happening. I wasn't even expecting it turn into a psuedo music manga let alone what happens in the current chapter. I really thought it just gonna be romantic drama with some super hackneyed plot or boring characters so I was pleasantly surprised by how involved I got into it.

Definitely not the type of manga I expected from a thread comparing it to Everyday Monster Girls and Super Interesting Darkness (I fail to see what Fuuka has anything to do in common with those two.)

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatte Iru Vol.01

LgBGy1Pl.jpg

And so starts the story of loner Batman as he tries to win the heart of best girl, Saika.

Yes, I definitely enjoyed the light novel version of this the most, since having access to all of Hachiman's thoughts really develops this story even more. Especially all his doki doki moments with Saika. Of course blond hair is still a bitch.

Guys,

Trying to find a name of this shojo manga about a tall girl with bangs that cover her eyes, and her friendship/relationship with a glasses guy.

Anyone know what the title is?

dani_dc

Unreal...
I feel sorry for the team who made it, but with that kind of art, i really hope the story is good...
THough on the other hand, the steam review is fucking hilarious!
I'd feel sorry for the team, but this strikes me as one of those "making exactly the game we wanted to make" sort of deals, I believe this got crowd funded and everything.

Didn't need fan service and actually had plot. Those were the days.
I remember reading and wondering about the complaints regarding the lack of plot, then I caught up.
Wait, wait...what? We're talking about a manga that counted among its opening arcs Tsugumi's introduction that featured her in her underwear and the one where Raku was trapped in the girls' onsen and kissed Chitoge on the butt.

...it's very rarely done anything like that since. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Kosaki mini-arc that just passed was the only time since then it's even had the girls naked "on camera." For a harem manga, Nisekoi actually doesn't have a lot of fanservice, which is one of the reasons I can stand it despite its meandering plot. That and the reaction faces. Seriously, for all his flaws in telling a story with this series, Komi has facial expressions down.
It had a few bigger moments early on, but it somehow feels that its more of a constant as time went by (see Tsugumi cosplay during this chapter or in her boat infiltration arc awhile ago, or Chitoge changing during her last arc). The general lack of fanservice is without a doubt one of the things I enjoy about this series.
The anime did push the fanservice up a couple of notches, I suppose that's why some people prefer it over the manga.

And yes, I could read the series on facial expressions alone.
Looking good. I can already tell that we're going to have some dowman sayman and yandere one-shots. :p
Sounds good to me!

I loved this. Interestingly, the reasons for me liking it were the reasons my friend hated it. He loathed Hachiman.

Your friend is probably one of those popular kids then.

--------------------------------

Yozakura Quartet 79

Boobs grabbing chapter. Though looks like we're bringing focus back to Ao again.

1414694851947.jpg

So guys I stumbled upon this picture. It seems like Ishida Sui the author of Tokyo Ghoul drew a tribute to One-Punch Man of Tatsumaki. Looks good.

Usobuko

Banned
Alright, for the "It's not the length, it's how you use it" club, we have:

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer
dani_dc
rrvv
dakkumauji
ArclightBorealis
A Huge Battleship

Going to let this run for another 6 hours or so aka when I finish my work, then I'll send PMs out to compile a list.

Should be able to start by Saturday-Sunday.

Add me.

How does this work again? If you are going to randomly pick a list for me, I think I have quite a huge overlap with Akito.

Gintama 516

Fucking Savages O:

This is not a classical Samurai duel... and I love it

Also we are finally getting a flashback on for the main protag

THIS IS THE END GAME PEOPLE

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Add me.

How does this work again? If you are going to randomly pick a list for me, I think I have quite a huge overlap with Akito.

I'll pm everyone for recommendations (if you don't have any that's fine too), compile a list, then select 5 or so works (that tops up to 4 to 5 volumes) every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom