• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Due to lack of OP, here's something stolen from OP thread.
6ZaZVf.png

Law and Corazon are at Montblanc's castle

Ugh I have fallen far behind on keeping up to date with the mangas I have been reading. :( with school and my destiny addiction, I might power read everything at the end of my term.

dani_dc

Woke up at 1 am with 3 hours of sleep, need to wake up in under 3 hours at 10 am at latest. Won't be home until closer to 5-6 pm. Thank you anxiety!

Ugh I have fallen far behind on keeping up to date with the mangas I have been reading. :( with school and my destiny addiction, I might power read everything at the end of my term.
How many mangad are we talking about?

Ten ten is missing from that sentence. (agree with the two mentioned though)

dani_dc pls.

Who?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, this is probably the final list for the "It's not the length, it's how you use it" club. We have:

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer
dani_dc
rrvv
dakkumauji
ArclightBorealis
A Huge Battleship
Usobuko

I'll send out PMs in 20 minutes or so.

Soma

Yeah I would've loved to have joined in but with how busy my work schedule has been and knowing how much of a procrastinator I am, I would've fell way behind at some point.

Hope it goes well though! Will keep an eye out for some interesting titles.

Alright, this is probably the final list for the "It's not the length, it's how you use it" club. We have:

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer
dani_dc
rrvv
dakkumauji
ArclightBorealis
A Huge Battleship
Usobuko

Yo, wait. Can I join? I saw the post about it a few days ago and forgot to reply... >.>
Also Naruto: The Last is gonna be CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY~

My Hero Academia 1-5:
This is going to be so dang good.
I really liked how refreshing it was to read a new shonen manga after so long.
The art was stellar, mixing the regular manga style with American heroes, and the heroes themselves are super rad.
Character introductions were efficient, giving us a cast of characters that offer a lot in the Academia setting.
The protagonist and the main hero are a fantastic duo for both comedy and storytelling. Great stuff.
I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. It's definitely one that could get far if done correctly.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I would've loved to have joined in but with how busy my work schedule has been and knowing how much of a procrastinator I am, I would've fell way behind at some point.

Hope it goes well though! Will keep an eye out for some interesting titles.

You can just join in on a latter date, though hopefully we still have stuff by then.

Yo, wait. Can I join? I saw the post about it a few days ago and forgot to reply... >.>

Sure!

kasane

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer
dani_dc
rrvv
dakkumauji
ArclightBorealis
A Huge Battleship
Usobuko

lemme join last minuet i guess

Dynedom

Don't forget Boys on the Run, Moteki, Gonensei either. To some extent, you can consider Himizu, Oyasumi Punpun and Welcome to NHK.

I need to get into the NHK manga. I only watched the anime.

I've heard some...interesting things about Punpun. Don't know if my heart can take it. ;_;

Will start on the others!

upandaway

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer
dani_dc
rrvv
dakkumauji
ArclightBorealis
A Huge Battleship
Usobuko

I won't have any time to join in for months, but out of curiosity why is there a deadline to joining?

Antiwhippy

I won't have any time to join in for months, but out of curiosity why is there a deadline to joining?

I'll be constructing a list now from everybody's recs and it's kind of a pain in the ass if I don't set a deadline. People are free to join in though, just not when I'm making the list.

I'm just essentially compiling a list of Mangaf recommended short mangas that I'll be doling out on a weekly basis.

Going, going... gone.

We have:

Me
Dumbyugi
ThatChairMan
Striferser
Akito
Zweizer
dani_dc
rrvv
dakkumauji
ArclightBorealis
A Huge Battleship
Usobuko
PaulExcellent
kasane

Sent out PMs.

By the way when did neogaf remove mass PMs? Made sending PMs a real pain in the ass.

Woke up at 1 am with 3 hours of sleep, need to wake up in under 3 hours at 10 am at latest. Won't be home until closer to 5-6 pm. Thank you anxiety!

How many mangad are we talking about?
Theres a few weekly mangas I read, I say around 5-6 plus theres a few montlyj manga that have been updated as well :p frankly speaking its most likely cause of destiny I have fallen behind haha

Rainy

Banned
So what are some good weekly mangas that are ongoing right now? The only manga I've been keeping up with right now is Akame Ga Kill and it's monthly so that sucks. I'm pretty much open to all suggestions.

Revo

Haikyuu!! 129

Nishinoya/Azumane reaction had me cracking up.

So what are some good weekly mangas that are ongoing right now? The only manga I've been keeping up with right now is Akame Ga Kill and it's monthly so that sucks. I'm pretty much open to all suggestions.

Baby Steps (like 7 volumes behind, but generally one comes out on approximately a weekly basis)
Gintama
Haikyuu!! (releases are sometimes/a bit/weeks slow, but generally there's ~1week)
Kingdom
Shokugeki no Soma (releases are sometimes/a bit slow, but generally ~1week)
Space Brothers (Has a fair number of skipped weeks, is on Crunchyroll)

Smash 1-30

Only 30 chapters in and what I like are the characters but what I think is not effectively told is the badminton. I don't give a crap about badminton nor has the author in anyway made any of the matches exciting. The only thing keeping me reading is the romance but the badminton stuff is really just there. No introduction as to how the game is played nor are there any notable badminton rivals introduced so far. The main character goes from an average player to someone really good in practically no time without justification except for mere conditioning is not believable at all. Interesting sports manga this is not. Reading just for the romance, which is moving a bit fast.

Gintama 516

This was another pleasant chapter! We got to see some flashbacks about Takasugi, Gintoki and Zura. Next chapter seems to be a flashback chapter too. Finally we'll know more of Shoyo sensei.

kasane

read the latest naruto chapter just for the shits and my reactions is like what?

seriously.

i mean

w/e

i regret reading it. naruto just doesnt do anything for me i guess

Zweizer

Banned
Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e ch4

I wonder what's there eastward.

Zai x 10 ch29

Middle schoolers these days are scary.

Ayame and Amane ch22

What's wrong with the left nipple?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Moteki 16
Density higher than planet.
She totally want you dude. Nooooo!

Omaera zenin mendokusai 9

Cute halloween chapter :3

Zai x10 29

Kidnapper have superb counter.

Its shit. I can't believe i read all of that.Usually when I read manga, I can mostly tolerate most shit that get thrown at me, but not this one.

This manga managed to make me lose all interest in its characters and story, and I was just reading it for the bet. The goddamn story can be summarized into one word; "Drama".

At least they got married on a good note and Yamato get to still run on the field. I hope Fuuka will grow up to be.....oh wait.

I do not recommend this piece of shit to anyone. You are better off watching 600 plus episode of taiwanese drama. I give it a 4 out of 10

Zweizer

Banned
Seeking for Death ch12

Guess we're nearing the end?

Sekainohate de Aimashou ch48

End this circus already.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou ch11

I hope this clears things up and ends it.

bjork

I do not recommend this piece of shit to anyone. You are better off watching 600 plus episode of taiwanese drama. I give it a 4 out of 10

This is the best manga review I've seen in quite some time. Probably the only taiwanese drama review, too. I give this post 10/10

Revo

Suzuka 151-167 (end)+extra (obv super spoilers)

Man, we were brainstorming what could be the final Seo twist in Mangagaf last week (everyone should come by and stay awhile!), and we had gotten around to suggesting Suzuka gets pregnant. Guess we're just so attuned to Seo after reading Suzuka.

Anyways. Still a fair bit surprised that it was pregnancy. Not surprised that they decided to keep it because of sequel. Despite always painting the dad as a hardass, he always relented lol.

I was completely behind Arima in the fight stuff. And not because I wanted to see Yamato get beat up. Arima, while rude on his point, was completely correct. For his goal, he is willing to throw away whatever was not needed/got in his way. And Yamato knew this as well. He had to make the choice of throwing away his future and whatever else if he wanted Suzuka to have the child. Threw away his recommendation, threw away his higher education, threw away his junior's chances to get to that school on a recc (he says he knew this but his shocked expression seems like it only really dawned on him there). If I was in Yamato's position (ignore that I'd have to have multiple mental disorders to choose Suzuka), I would probably pick school and both my and Suzuka's sports future.

...Well, Yamato did end up getting his sports stuff still. Even if it wasn't the same fast track as others might have had. Sad to see that Suzuka has decided to be a full mom and not retry sports, RIP her career. Everything seemed to work out in the end for Yamato, sadly.

Side characters: It was nice seeing Hattori actually do something nice (arranging the get together) instead of the normal Hattori (which also appeared, as he couldn't even stay home for a day). I hope Miki doesn't end up with him in Fuuka, but with the pregnant jokes the chances look low. Also sad that Honoka didn't break up with the boyfriend yet. Glad to see Arima getting to where he wanted to be in his life. Random other guy who was also track seems to be doing well too. Miho seems stuck with Yamato knockoff, which seems like her fate.

The ending was fine enough. Wedding was nice. Super open ended for what happens to characters for the most part. Which is okay I guess. Maybe it'll be talked more about in Fuuka, who knows.

------------------

Suzuka/Suzuka read along Overall thoughts (more obv spoilers)

Well, it was certainly stupid. But not the good kind of stupid (like Aho Girl). The bad type of stupid. It was a pain to get through all of it, especially one week where I really did not want to read it. I wish I could have mustered to do impressions earlier in the week so I could have read impressions of others as they came out (didn't want to be spoiled, for what it's worth (probably little-nothing)). Had a few back and forths but expected more talk about Suzuka but I guess not many really wanted to talk about it more than they needed to. Although some impressions were really lack luster some weeks. So maybe there wasn't too much to work with (shoutout to Quix for actively trying to get people to talk about it).

A lot less ragey than I thought it would be. I thought I would rage about how stupid it was but I never did. I just found it really really stupid. Maybe enough stupid cools down the rage? Who knows. Although maybe it's like trying to stay up after not sleeping the entire night. First you're really tired (ragey), then you eventually hit a stride (just find it stupid), then you hit a far enough point where you're super tired again (super ragey, maybe KNIM fits here????).

Was it worth it for a banner thing? Definitely not. Maybe if there was more discussion/I read it earlier. But reading it near the end of the week/deadline it didn't work out well. So for anyone who is going to join the Touch book club I recommend either spacing your readings throughout the week or reading at the start! Since that should be good I hope to discuss it a lot more than the amount I did about Suzuka.

Honestly the worst part about Suzuka is that someone might read it as their first series/first romance series and never read manga ever again. That's the true horror here.

I'll be scouring the thread for suzuka impressions tomorrow. If you haven't read any chapters (and I haven't seen posts from people like Grimace or Sauce in weeks) today is your day to catch up or it's a KNIM avatar for you.

Tokyo Ghoul and it's sequel Tokyo Ghoul:re which is weekly. A very great read.

My expectations for DTL's Naruto reaction were met and surpassed
xwK7FOe.png

Karate Minoru

Hamada is going to get killed in his upcoming match, regardless of what he has up his sleeve.

Nisekoi

Jump is slowly embracing the smut.
pZQyXgB.png

dramatis

Moteki 16

I think Fujimoto is finally getting somewhere. Going to cockblock the other dude may or may not be an actual move on his part to actually show effort in reaching out to Doi.

Prison School 141

This school prez. The things you say without meaning to. Geez.

Gintama 516

I don't think it's ending yet. Setup arc for future arcs though, probably.

Lol 4/10 is still higher than what that crap drama Palace 3 gets on Tudou.

Railgun 72

You know shouting in a public area about doing *censored* and *censored* to girls is asking for trouble lol.

Especially when they are level 5 espers.

Defuser

Railgun ch 72
The dream ranker arc takes place while Touma is in Italy right? Man, that would explain why Misaka was happily dreaming about the punishment game when he got back.

Oh man, I'm suprised none of the girls thought of using the card to dream about touma after they were done trashing Aogami lol.

Lol 4/10 is still higher than what that crap drama Palace 3 gets on Tudou.

I don't really know what that is but at least Suzuka has bits of good point that stopped me from giving it a 1 even.

I stopped watching drama after several series of korean and chinese ones, and two taiwanese ones that was about cooking and agriculture(?). It was on tv all the time and i was still young that time.

Omaera Zenin Mendokusai! 9

Another girl falls into the harem that the MC is trying to avoid.

Gintama 516

One of the few series where I've been wanting flashbacks for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom