• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

Hinamatsuri 9

That entire Chapter had me laughing, when i reached that "Angel"-Panel i just completly lost it.

I didn't except it to be this good, after being not impressed by the first two Chapters yesterday

Edit: Chapter 10:

Best. Speech. Ever!

-I press "save" here

El Sloth

Banned
Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 1

2 spoooky~

I really like this guy's artstyle. And man does he draw some impressivley detailed and expressive backgrounds. They're just pretty to look at.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece

Chapter seemed pretty focused to me, dunno. I really enjoyed that punch.

It's focused in the sense that it's about Zoro running all over the place, but yes, it's not an unenjoyable chapter or anything.

You effortlessly mention that horrible story... My pain grows.

You have to admit it had a lasting impact and positive influence on you though~

I guess this'll be like Nisekoi then. If I choose the wrong route, I'm gonna be ostracized here...

The smart course of action is to not pick any route and just enjoy the ride~

Hinamatsuri 9

That entire Chapter had me laughing, when i reached that Panel i just completly lost it.

I didn't except it to be this good, after being not impressed by the first two Chapters yesterday

Hinamatsuri has that perfect blend of absurdity, humor and feels~

(You'd probably want to change the picture. Watermarks are prohibited. It would be a good idea to go over the rules on the OP to avoid similar blunders in the future.)

Nightbird

Hinamatsuri has that perfect blend of absurdity, humor and feels~

(You'd probably want to change the picture. Watermarks are prohibited. It would be a good idea to go over the rules on the OP to avoid similar blunders in the future.)

Yeah, it is really good. I hope it gets even better over Time :)

Thanks for telling me, i didn't notice that Watermark in the top Corner, since usually they are in the bottom corner

El Sloth

Banned
Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 2

cPw9Uho.jpg

Being oppressed by the Patriarchy

Bleach 609

What is this fucking schoolyard bullshit? "MY POWER MAKES IT SO I CAN'T LOSE!!"

One Piece 770

Fight is still all over the place. But the punch was cool, makes me want to see Elbaf

My Hero Academia 18

All Might is a character designed to die tragically and give all the young heroes inspiration, but I kind of think he'll survive this fight.

Shin Kurosawa 5

I don't think anyone can win against Soccer in the FKMT-verse.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah, it is really good. I hope it gets even better over Time :)

You can also check out Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki by the same author (it's currently featured in the "Short but Sweet" reading club). It's a collection of short stories, but it retains the same sense of absurd humor.

It certainly has, no one wants to be that useless.
If anyone thinks I'm harsh, they haven't read Boys on the Run then.

See? It's clearly a uplifting and motivational read that should be fully endorsed and provided to our youth!

B..But... waifus ;_;

MC is the waifu so you don't really have to care about the rest.

Boku no Hero Academia 19-20

So I guess these villains where informed by some bigger villain about All Might's ever growing weakness

Man the protag needs to learn not to break his body parts all the time... He learnt to channel it to certain points in his body but I want him to be able to achieve some power moves (which could be less then 100% of his full strength) without breaking a bone

My Hero Academia 18

Heroes always arrive at last minute again!

I like that the villains are no slouch either and that they are able to work together.

Boku no Hero Academia 21

well this was a wrap up chapter and judging by the ending of this chapter things seemed to have cooled down

A sports festival is nice..... we will see them use their powers for fun and maybe we might see the other first year classes

Zweizer

Banned
Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi by Yanagimoto Mitsuharu

I've already read it, yet getting through it is still such an emotionally taxing process considering how depressing it can be.

100 Dollar wa Yasu Sugiru by Yamamoto Kazune

Characters and setting aren't anything special but the story itself was pretty nice, even if a bit predictable.

Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki by Ohtake Masao

Already read it, though I wish we got more of the wizard. That aside, it's a fun collection of short stories.

Zweizer

Banned
Shin Kurosawa ch5

Comedy routine. Schadenfreude comedy routine.

E? Heibon Desu yo?? ch2

D'aww. It's so sweet, though I wonder about the direction it'll take with what Miina exhibited.

Akito

Suki mo Yoi
A slice of life short story collection very reminiscent of the author's other series Sora no Shita Yane no Naka. It was not bad but not exactly memorable.

Mayple-san no Koucha Jikan
Slice of life story about a maid doll that was a weapons of mass destruction (?) in the past. The supposedly tragic backstory was handled kinda halfheartedly and thus I wasn't very invested in any of the characters. The author wasted all opportunities to do anything interesting with the setting.

Can you give me a synopsis on this?
Totally normal plot:
A terrible creature has been plaguing the community: a man with a fishbowl for a head. When he attacks someone, the goldfish leaps out of his bowl and drinks their blood. The victim is irreversibly transformed into a goldfish! This terrible crime has happened to high-schooler Kousuke's little sister. With no other option, he takes care of his goldfish-sister as best he can.

One day, he comes across a strange girl named Ringo, who wears a school swimsuit, carries an umbrella, and keeps a gun hanging around her neck. Ringo is an apprentice blood diver, and the gun is her way of shooting herself into the wounds of the fishbowl man's victims. If she can get to them in time, she can prevent them from turning into goldfish. Ringo's mentor, Ichigo, says that she's heard of a way to turn people back from goldfish into humans. Kousuke is determined to help Ringo find a way to help his sister and the loved ones of his friends at school who have met the same fishy fate! [tethysdust]

But yeah, it's kind of surreal action/mystery/fantasy manga.

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamatsuri 1-6

Pretty funny, but poor Anzu.
Hinamatsuri 9

That entire Chapter had me laughing, when i reached that "Angel"-Panel i just completly lost it.

Edit: Chapter 10:

Best. Speech. Ever!

-I press "save" here

Welcome to the Hinamatsuri's train, it only gets better from here.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Totally normal plot:

But yeah, it's kind of surreal action/mystery/fantasy manga.

It is so weird it destroys Voynich Hotel in terms of weirdness. I will definitely give it a shot, its in my backlog now.

Welcome to the Hinamatsuri's train, it only gets better from here.

It is good and funny, just feel like its missing something. Feels like a bit of romance would be completely natural in this story.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lmao

I guess this is what people were really expecting.

Akito

Akumu no elevator
That was a nicely unpredictable suspense story.

100 Dollar wa Yasu Sugiru
The mystery solving shtick reminds me of Hyouka, the mystery in this case was maybe not as mundane but just as predictable.

Ma no Kakera
Classic Junji Ito, the harpy story really stood out here.

The rest I've read already, up-to-date again.

Zweizer

Banned
Ma no Kakera by Ito Junji

A collection of pretty surreal and at times outright bizarre short stories. One has to admire Junji Ito's imagination for coming up with these ideas and adding a morbid spin to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom