• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Everyone, start reading this series. It is really good. Really good. First two chapters in and if it continues, this will be in my top ten manga.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
One Piece

HOLY FUCK what a CHAOTIC chapter, and NOT in a good way!

I don't even begin to recognize MOST of the characters here, and Oda expect me to sympathize for their plight or whatever?

This almost feel like a filler that is almost as bad as Bleach.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Everyone, start reading this series. It is really good. Really good. First two chapters in and if it continues, this will be in my top ten manga.

It does get better mate and add to the fact that Shieldbro is the best. Yeah you got yourself a great series.

Which is why it needs to get an anime asap!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Short club read

Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi

Already read this before. This is quite some heavy stuff, and the ending is gut wrenching

100 Dollar wa Yasu Sugiru

I think more manga need to be in spaghetti western setting. It's cool
Akumu no elevator

Well, twist after twist are thrown in!

Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki

My favorite is The Last Supper. It just so damn funny! the final one is drama, which is not bad. I still think the author is better in comedy genre

I'm going to finish up the previous short that i haven't read at later time i guess.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It does get better mate and add to the fact that Shieldbro is the best. Yeah you got yourself a great series.

Which is why it needs to get an anime asap!

I feel like you're my long lost brother Aqua hahaha, shieldbro is the best. The story feels unique and down to earth.

I really hope the manga gets officially translated so I can buy it! Can't read a lick of Japanese...

I feel like you're my long lost brother Aqua hahaha, shieldbro is the best. The story feels unique and down to earth.

I really hope the manga gets officially translated so I can buy it! Can't read a lick of Japanese...

Yeah Shieldbro's suffering is well done, especially when you reach chapter 7 or 8 I think but damn is it good. You should provide further impressions once you finish reading the current chapters that are out.

Lain

Food Wars! volume 2-3
y8jb.jpg
08jb.jpg

I didn't expect a cooking manga to get this steamy and hot. Nikumi's introduction wasn't the best, but unlike Erina she's way more likable, especially thanks to the fact she's able to admit defeat, unlike that bitch Erina.
I love Tadokoro, she's so damn sweet and unlucky.
Volume 3 had me getting pretty unhappy when that scene happened, at least until Soma took her defense and then challenged that stuck up shitty chef. I can't wait to see Soma school that piece of shit.

Don't know if anyone else cares, but there's a new manga out later this month written by Minoru Kawakami, the author of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. Gekitotsu no Hexen Nacht (Clash of the Witch's Night?), set in the Obstacle era of his writing, so somewhat of a pseudo-sequel to Horizon. Don't know much else, but I'm fairly excited for it.

Big One

Banned
My Hero Academia 21

Glad to see a slowdown a bit. That was a pretty damn solid intro arc. Hope this series lasts longer than just a couple of volumes.

Usobuko

Banned
@ Antiwhippy

Possible to postpone the short read for a week or two? Most of us are still playing catch up and for those who are done they can jump ahead to Wonzo's Dec reads.

I myself is still under 7 seeds spell and I wanna read Scientia after that.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Time for AquaWateria to read Boys on the Run?

Don't let Aqua go through that pain Zweizer...

Yeah Shieldbro's suffering is well done, especially when you reach chapter 7 or 8 I think but damn is it good. You should provide further impressions once you finish reading the current chapters that are out.

I'm gonna write something up when I get the chance. Just finished reading chapter 10 and man... This is good.

Kakusansei Million Arthur - Gunjou no Sorcery Road 02

Of course our main character is the don't fight each other kind of main character. And also builds a harem.

kasane

Don't let Aqua go through that pain Zweizer...

I'm gonna write something up when I get the chance. Just finished reading chapter 10 and man... This is good.

boys on the run would be a good read

if it was actually updated regularly

lawd.png
lawd.png
lawd.png
lawd.png
lawd.png
lawd.png

lolm8, you should go ahead and walk outside. i heard the air is refreshing in canada.

NTR

air in canada. refreshing.

you my nostrils freezing is totally refreshing breh

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
My Tokyo Ghoul volume 1 order shipped, so I'll soon find out if it's good or not. Too lazy to check scans.

You really haven't been reading this thread then? Don't read the thread until if you finish the first volume. If we set expectations, you will be disappointed. Nonetheless, RE is a thing after Tokyo Ghoul.

boys on the run would be a good read

if it was actually updated regularly

NO GOD DAMN IT! NO!

air in canada. refreshing.

you my nostrils freezing is totally refreshing breh

All I know about Canada is poutine and that a lot of asian people migrate there. Plus French is a thing up there.
Excuse my ignorance of another country

kasane

I hope you enjoy it, it's a solid series

THANK YOU FOR WAKING UP BREH. This is the perfect description of tg

I mean i love tokyo ghoul but you were harping on it like it was some masterpiece it was kinda sickening

Sorry for being obnoxious just being frank

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Food Wars! volume 2-3

I didn't expect a cooking manga to get this steamy and hot. Nikumi's introduction wasn't the best, but unlike Erina she's way more likable, especially thanks to the fact she's able to admit defeat, unlike that bitch Erina.
I love Tadokoro, she's so damn sweet and unlucky.
Volume 3 had me getting pretty unhappy when that scene happened, at least until Soma took her defense and then challenged that stuck up shitty chef. I can't wait to see Soma school that piece of shit.

Tadakoro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erina.

Dorobou Night Trick 01

Based off a popular Vocaloid song, its a series about a phantom thief that infiltrates the adult's play world.

The art looks pretty nice, very nice pieces of scenery here. It's a little messy to follow at times, especially if you never listened to the original song. But it looks fun and the main character's power is pretty interesting.

THANK YOU FOR WAKING UP BREH. This is the perfect description of tg

I mean i love tokyo ghoul but you were harping on it like it was some masterpiece it was kinda sickening

Sorry for being obnoxious just being frank

Hey I'm definitely not gonna shove it down someone's throat even if it's one of my favorite series because the thing is not everybody has the same taste. Also I don't want to spoil someone's enjoyment by doing so. So no worries.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Give it a 2 weeks hiatus please!

I want input from others in the reading club first though. I do want to read scientia and reread 7 seeds too but there's really no pressure to ignore the short reads list for a week for people who wants to focus on something else for awhile, but other people might still want a list for the week.

Glad that you're enjoying 7 seeds though. It's amazing.

Usobuko

Banned
I want input from others in the reading club first though. I do want to read scientia and reread 7 seeds too but there's really no pressure to ignore the short reads list for a week for people who wants to focus on something else for awhile, but other people might still want a list for the week.

No worries, I am fine with either way.

dumbyugi

I'm 3 weeks behind so a 1 or 2 week hiatus would be cool by me. I've been too busy playing games and doing family things to keep up.

100 Dollar wa Yasu Sugiru

Nice little mystery with some good ole deductive reasoning and i liked the end with how it wraps around to the beginning.

Akumu no elevator

it was like watching a trainwreck playing out

and YOOOOOOOOOO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNN at the final act/end.

I'm uh, 6 weeks behind? Any delays will help me attempt to catch up someday greatly. I hope.

------------------------------------------------------

Are You Alice Vol.06

After a volume or two of losing cool characters, we're treated to Alice and the Mad Hatter basically being a bickering married couple, lol

The March Hare is introduced and now we are focusing on the White Hare and how he plays into all of this.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Yeah, i'm okay with the delay, allow me to catch up with the reading club

Bleach has been on a role. You people whine when they fight, you whine when they don't. You're never happy.

No. A bunch of people were saying that the build up before all this fighting, when we learned about the zero division and Ichigo's mother, was good storytelling. And they all knew that once it turned back into fighting the story would nosedive again. And they were right.

Bleach 609

What is this fucking schoolyard bullshit? "MY POWER MAKES IT SO I CAN'T LOSE!!"

It's been that stupid since the Kenpachi and Yachiru fights.

Yeah I guess. Bleach fights have pretty much always been a round of OHKO's and checkmates that function like a turn based RPG until someone finally uses their super mega trump card.
Also everytime someone does their turn they talk and explain what they just did.

Ma no Kakera

Well its Junji ito being Junji ito i guess (ie all sorts of weird ass shit happening and no character is safe even if they are the fucking MC of the story) *shrug*

Lain

You really haven't been reading this thread then? Don't read the thread until if you finish the first volume. If we set expectations, you will be disappointed. Nonetheless, RE is a thing after Tokyo Ghoul.

I try to skip posts about stuff I don't read as much as possible. Though I do make exceptions, so I know exactly what happened to Fuuka in Fuuka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom