• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will read, 11/10.

Dude, how in the flying fuck are there that many chapters? Its only updated to 10 chapters!!!! Are you talking about the light novel? The manga is looking pretty GOAT and my write up is gonna break down the first ten chapters as to why you SHOULD read it and WHY you will love it.

DvS2Z4q.jpg

Man this scene got to me. Shieldbro's tears felt truly genuine and Ralphtalia is such an amazing friend.

Zweizer

Banned
I know... But seriously how the hell are there +100 chapters? I must be in some alternate universe if that's the case...

The original web novel has more than 600 chapters. This doesn't necessarily mean there'll be this many chapters in the manga version however.

Rhapsody

Banned
To-Love Ru Darkness 50

The mom's a pretty awesome character. Chapter was pretty lewd (as always), but the backstory and comparing to Rito was cool.

Usobuko

Banned
7 Seeds

Personally, the highest point of this manga was still Ryugu Shelter arc and it was only one side of 7 Seeds multifaceted storytelling. It started out as a simple idea of exploring an unknown place in the post apocalyptic world before gradually adding layers and building into a more complex conception. We get to learn about the meteorite survivors in this shelter and how they spent their remaining days here. Humanity's inevitable plight and the emotional build up to their eventual demise was touching. I could go back to the past few pages before this particular panel hit and feel the same range of emotions which I initially did.

I just love that panel because Hana was shown holding back her tears by biting the bottom of her lips.

I realized this is also the reason why I felt the manga is losing steam lately. It lost its grim and savage edges when
death
are non-existence. I can't possibly feel tension and urgency in this post apocalyptic world when the outcome is predictable. Yumi Tamura is too protective of her characters. This is my only nitpick because it feels like the author is devoting much more time in love triangle romance drama. It's still fun and interesting to read but not essentially what I wanted as this series main focus. There are still many parts I adore like the effects of introducing a dormant species
( Shiitake Mushroom )
in the new existing ecosystem.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, actually just realised that spoiling that is probably not cool for people still following the series with the book club.

Can you spoil that in your quote colossal?

Revo

Hinamatsuri 7

I was a bit scared for a moment when they said it was obvious what was going to happen but it's nice to see Anzu change for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom