• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
I... I actually want him to join the Straw Hats. I bet he'd have such a great dynamic with the rest of the gang.

Kinda feel like that would ruin him in a way since his entire thing is being a fanboy
Plus he's a Mafia Boss or something like that so it seems he's more of a final arc war ally and not a crewmate

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Bart is sooo awesome, I really hope he does join. I don't see a "role" for him in the crew, but I don't care, he's just too likable and awesome.

AND HOLY SHIT, Robin is actually going to fight?! I never thought I'd see this day come! Diamante might actually be the perfect oppoenent for Robin because of his Flutter Flutter abilites, which I'm guessing he can use on himself to change the shape of his body, meaning he's less susepctiable to being snapped in two like Robin can do to pretty much anyone that isn't a logia user. Please let this be a real fight for her, don't let me down Oda!

n0uMbvJ.jpg

Gotta love the twins.

One Piece

Excellent chapter, Bart really has been one of the best things about this arc, and it has been a very good arc overall. Would be really good to see Robin 1 vs 1 by I doubt it sadly...I think it probably needs to be Kyros delivering the final blow given what Diamante did to his wife. It should be a 1 on 1 though...There are a number of others who could have taken him out by themselves: Luffy, Law, Zoro, Sabo...So I don't see why we can't get a 1vs1.

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing what Cabbage can do further on. Robin stopped him pretty easily, but I don't think that says much about his strength. I think Cabbage is managing to surpress him somewhat as well. Hakuba seems pretty damn powerful. Cool character.

Mob Psycho 78

Awesome chapter. Nice to see Mob serious, and the blond kid is always cool as well.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
One Piece

So is Rebecca will actually do something instead of just standing there with the singular purpose of flaunting her boobs and asses in that ridiculous outfit?

I don't recall it being implied but I want it used

I think there was a part where she heard something way before anyone else did, but now that I think about it that could not be Haki. She always seems to be two steps ahead of everyone in the crew as well, which could be Observation Haki, but she's always been like that.

Kyuur

Robin getting to take out one of the top 3 is everything I could have ever hoped for. Chances are it'll probably be a tag team battle with Kyros though.

Jump had a pretty good returning week overall.

Pimpwerx

One Piece

What's this? Is Robin finally getting her first fight since Skypeia? I don't remember her doing anything at Ennis Lobby, Thriller Bark or that mangrov island. Also, is Bartolomeo the favorite to join the crew now? His barrier power could be really useful for the crew. PEACE.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Should we have a bet on whether or not Barto joins the team?

My friend made a great observation as to every person who has joined the crew. They each have a dream that they want to achieve that stems from their childhood, hence the flashback for Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky and Brooks. They all had something they wanted to achieve but due to their weakness at the time or incident, they could not have done it. Now that the opportunity arose to join Luffy, they did it so they can finally achieve their dream. Bart has not had one moment similar to that, I think what Oda will do is make Bart a recurring character that constantly follows the group until Luffy acknowledges him and disappears after a while and worries the crew since chicken-kun isn't there anymore but remember, I'm just a random guy on the internet who doesn't know how to make a story like Oda does. To elaborate further, this would trigger an arc where the crew goes and helps Bart while he himself is confused as to why they would help him and they all say: "Why wouldn't we help one of our nakama?" then cue tear-jerking moment. Also, Jinbei is joining the crew once he meets up with Luffy, if the intro pages are any indication to side stories happening concurrently with the arc, Jinbei will reach them eventually and join the crew since he promised Luffy after the blood transfusion.

Edit:

Chapter 55 of Hantsu x Torrasha not translated but 20 chapters later is? Am I missing something? Turtle, do you know the specifics? PM if you do.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 60

Nanatsu no Taizai instantly came to mind when I saw this face, though I've never properly read that, just seen the art

OIEVszA.jpg

DN Angel Vol.13

So they go and save the twin who likes one of them but other one likes her or something something. It's been too long.

We also get the whole why is there a pretty phantom thief as part of Daisuke and probably enough tension between him and the pretty white hair boy to last a lifetime.

So at least the arc ends and we get some understanding cause not like the rest of the stuff will ever get released here.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Jitsu wa Watashi wa 60

Nanatsu no Taizai instantly came to mind when I saw this face, though I've never properly read that, just seen the art

OIEVszA.jpg

different artist. that series is done by Masuda Eiji

I first learned about the Nanatsu no Taizai series from one of Suzuki Nakabas earlier works.

its too bad it got cut off early since I enjoyed it for what it was.

Revo

Sousei no Onmyouji 9-10

Twist feels stupid, death here feels cliche, series taking a turn for the drastic worse when it was already teetering around the side of bad.

Monku no Tsukeyou ga nai Rabukome 1

Need more for judgement. Probably will be trash.

Kieli

Honestly, $12 for all-inclusive isn't bad.

I just think of it as paying $5 extra for a few week's magazines.

Viz's manga reader is even worse. I complained, but didn't get a reply...

upandaway

Oh cool. The manga subscription on top of the anime one was a little too much for me so this is great news. A shame their online reader is a bit shit.
If I go into full screen I'm actually okay with their online reader. I just wish it had single page viewing mode. (....does it?)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
different artist. that series is done by Masuda Eiji

I first learned about the Nanatsu no Taizai series from one of Suzuki Nakabas earlier works.

its too bad it got cut off early since I enjoyed it for what it was.

Have you tried Blizzard Axel? I found it to be good shonen manga about ice skating.

_hekk05

Banned
Are CR mangas region locked too?

From the rawlands:
茄子とアルタイル aka Nasu And Altair (Altair as in the star, not Aassassin's Creed)

Giving you wonders such as:

rhsfhw.jpg

Note:
That's his stepmother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom