• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Number Five 1-37 (end)

Pretty weird for sooooooooooo much of it. It hit all the beats it was supposed to for a story like this so I was never really thrown for too a loop. It hit them well though so it was enjoyable.

I prefered Gundam/Tengu/Parasyte to this but this was definitely more enjoyable than Munou.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Retrospective question about KIMI NO IRU MACHI author

Does it seem to you like the author ended the story the way it did because of the backlash from the
job-breakup
chapter and then a rush to end the work due to failing interest? Did the author see the way that whole thing was handled as a mistake?

If anyone here actually heard any insight from the author on the mater, I'd like to hear as well.

360pages

So, reading The Breaker: New wave, it's really slow. It takes about 15 chapters for the main character to even start trying to get his abilities back. And his girlfriend is still...um, she is really just the girl. She has nothing standing out for her what so ever. The series keep throwing us more interesting females, but his girlfriend is dull as hell.

dani_dc

Is there any duck based food without the bones?
The meat is tender, the skin is crispy, if only the bones weren't there duck will be the GOAT.
In Portugal we have "Arroz de Pato" (Duck Rice) which is basically duck meat and rice, no bones, its delicious.

Edit: Great now I'm craving for this.

Gintama 514

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

I've waited how many years for this.... but to wait until next week ;_;

Defuser

Tokyo DTED ch 5
What the fuck man!! What the fuck. Goddamn, how can one guy go through so much suffering?

You guys should check this shit out!!!

So, reading The Breaker: New wave, it's really slow. It takes about 15 chapters for the main character to even start trying to get his abilities back. And his girlfriend is still...um, she is really just the girl. She has nothing standing out for her what so ever. The series keep throwing us more interesting females, but his girlfriend is dull as hell.

The true girlfriend is Jinni, trust me Sae-chan is completely useless and unnecessary. Her part in the story is insignificant, she's just like a throwaway character. The Author even knows it by making her seem nonexistent in the series.

Anyways the sequel does start off slow but when it hits it's stide it's really great. So take your time with it, because its a great read. Also behold the greatness that is Jinni, best girl :0

rrvv

Suzuka 91-100

well at least they make progress in their life

Suzuka 101-110

How many love triangle we have now?

Suzuka 111-120

man the MC really the worse.

Did anybody failed in this bookclub yet?

Quixzlizx

Nisekoi 143

Kosaki is so lame. The only good parts were Raku's broken puppet reaction face when she ran away from him and Onodera Mom's trollface on the last page.

Retrospective question about KIMI NO IRU MACHI author

Does it seem to you like the author ended the story the way it did because of the backlash from the
job-breakup
chapter and then a rush to end the work due to failing interest? Did the author see the way that whole thing was handled as a mistake?

If anyone here actually heard any insight from the author on the mater, I'd like to hear as well.

lol

You're overthinking it.

dani_dc

Tokyo DTED 5

What.the.fuck.

I was ready to comment on the lack of sexual play in the love hotel scene, but holy shit, what did this guy do to deserve this.

Remember when Makato said she wasn't that type of girl?

shoulda just gone for the
red wings
achievement!

ah hell nah. this is mad NTR.

yea this dude's luck is straight up fucking garbage and i wonder if he can learn anything from this (other from being bitter for the rest of his life).

Tokyo DTED 5

What.the.fuck.

I was ready to comment on the lack of sexual play in the love hotel scene, but holy shit, what did this guy do to deserve this.

Remember when Makato said she wasn't that type of girl?

Clearly a lie apparently, though to be fair she seemed way interested when learning of his condition and iirc it was her idea to crash his place. Now it almost looks like the other girl was kinda protecting him (i think her chapters are next and given the shit being pulled...it might not be pretty)

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Nisekoi 143

Kosaki is so lame. The only good parts were Raku's broken puppet reaction face when she ran away from him and Onodera Mom's trollface on the last page.

lol

You're overthinking it.

Okay, sure, I totally think its well within the realm of possibility that I'm overthinking it. I guess I'm just a little lost as to what other possible ways to interpret the terrible handling of the last couple of arcs in that story.

I would liken then handling of the story by the author something similar to a mother drowning her newborn in acid. It was literally damaging ones reputation and ability to write a compelling story whilst destroying the story that gave you any sort acclaim to begin with.

It's been a while since I finished the story with MangaGAF as it unfolded real-time and my anger and vitriol probably had no rival (that's saying a lot) however I look back on it and wonder if there's any intent or meaning behind the mistake that was.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Suzuka 91-100

well at least they make progress in their life

Suzuka 101-110

How many love triangle we have now?

Suzuka 111-120

man the MC really the worse.

Did anybody failed in this bookclub yet?

I desperately wanted to, but I've finished already.

I want to die.

Usobuko

Banned
For some reason, I expected more. She felt like a more docile Chiharu and the blonde dude isn't an asshole like Aoyama.

You guys should check this shit out!!!

You should read Boys on the Run, then Yonensei -> Gonensei if you are still craving for more.

Lain

Tokyo DTED 2-3
At least the second chapter did bring a bit more NTR visuals into the game. The third chapter felt disappointing though. apart from that girl being a bitch, nothing too interesting happened, plus I don't really get safe feelings from that Makoto girl.

dani_dc

yea this dude's luck is straight up fucking garbage and i wonder if he can learn anything from this (other from being bitter for the rest of his life).

Clearly a lie apparently, though to be fair she seemed way interested when learning of his condition and iirc it was her idea to crash his place. Now it almost looks like the other girl was kinda protecting him (i think her chapters are next and given the shit being pulled...it might not be pretty)

I went to check, I suppose technically she didn't say that, she was concerned she had came off as a "skank".
At this point I wouldn't be surprised the boss had an harem made of his employees.

It's been a while, so new avatar!!

It's still nisekoi though. I think I have 16 days left

I approve of your avatar. Best mother.

Usobuko

Banned
Watch, the mean-spirited girl who isn't afraid to speak her thoughts is going to who he ended up with. It's like a trope where bubbly, friendly girl is the one MC would always fall for first but it goes nowhere and eventually ended up in the gutter.

dani_dc

Watch, the mean-spirited girl who isn't afraid to speak her thoughts is going to who he ended up with. It's like a trope where bubbly, friendly girl is the one MC would always fall for first but it goes nowhere and eventually ended up in the gutter.
He's going to realize the reason he can't get an erection looking at females is because he's attracted to males.

upandaway

Speaking of Shokugeki, its a little disturbing that Alice actually orders Ryou around like a servant (e.g. "go clean my room")
She's giving him a heck of a lot, seemingly many times over what he's giving her, and they're both in full agreement, so I don't know what's disturbing about it.

I've read it. I found it to be nice overall with a few side annoyances. The Melty Blood one was funnier although it had its own issues too.
I still haven't experienced anything Melty Blood, and I don't know if and how I should do that.

I wonder if they'll include it in the remake...

Read another Kirin Kakeru
h-
manga that I somehow missed last night, Mina's Offline Meeting. I think I've now found all the yandere stuff from that author that's translated.

Can't decide which one I like more, Tsukasa Blog or Tsukasa Valentine Dream. The former has probably the best yandere faces, and the latter for the ending.

360pages

The true girlfriend is Jinni, trust me Sae-chan is completely useless and unnecessary. Her part in the story is insignificant, she's just like a throwaway character. The Author even knows it by making her seem nonexistent in the series.

Anyways the sequel does start off slow but when it hits it's stide it's really great. So take your time with it, because its a great read. Also behold the greatness that is Jinni, best girl :0

I hope so, because Sae-chan is so...my goodness, the first half of the story she was pretty much their to be put in harms way. And I barely see her in the second half. Though I'm on chapter 15 right now.

Lain

Tokyo DTED 4-5

Well, I heartily laughed at the way chapter 5 ended. That Makoto girl didn't give off good vibes and the trouble finally showed up.

dani_dc

Yes. 4 chapters without any notable build up diminishes the impact and it's not like it was a huge one to begin with.
I felt the shock was exactly due to how fast and out of nowhere it was. Even if you expect it to happen, you don't quite expect it to happen so early.

Tokyo DTED

I went to check, I suppose technically she didn't say that, she was concerned she had came off as a "skank".
At this point I wouldn't be surprised the boss had an harem made of his employees.

He's another one on the shit list now being a fucking hypocrite and all

getting the same vibe but we'll see...

Yes. 4 chapters without any notable build up diminishes the impact and it's not like it was a huge one to begin with.

and it was a bit fast but his mind might think otherwise since he's still trying to rush this thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She's giving him a heck of a lot, seemingly many times over what he's giving her, and they're both in full agreement, so I don't know what's disturbing about it.

I still haven't experienced anything Melty Blood, and I don't know if and how I should do that.

I wonder if they'll include it in the remake...

What's she giving him?

Usobuko

Banned
I felt the shock was exactly due to how fast and out of nowhere it was. Even if you expect it to happen, you don't quite expect it to happen SL early.

I kinda understand where you come from.

For my case, the chapters were named after the character so I expect it to happen early. I meant I don't expect the character naming to drag for 10+ chapters without changing the focus to a new one. Even then, I prefer to be teased. Give more subtle clues that something seem to be amiss without inherently alarming the readers. Romance manga does it often where you have another character looking at the couple with "discerning" eyes to hint the readers that something may be wrong here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She pretty much took him in from poverty, if I understood the flashback right. It's a pretty high end villa and school, also huge because it's a means for him to advance in his preferred profession.
I'm just going to assume there's also sex involved.

Tokyo DTED

I kinda understand where you come from.

For my case, the chapters were named after the character so I expect it to happen early. I meant I don't expect the character naming to drag for 10+ chapters without changing the focus to a new one. Even then, I prefer to be teased. Give more subtle clues that something seem to be amiss without inherently alarmed the readers. Romance manga does it often where you have another character looking at the couple with "discerning" eyes to alarm the readers that something may be wrong here.

while i agree with the whole "moving along to the next character" thing i also think how severe the escalation of the situation was. It basically jumped from a 0 to a 7 in a few seconds (if he heard them while they were fucking it would have been a 10 and really remind him of the stuff he left behind in the first place).

Usobuko

Banned
while i agree with the whole "moving along to the next character" thing i also think how severe the escalation of the situation was. It basically jumped from a 0 to a 7 in a few seconds (if he heard them while they were fucking it would have been a 10 and really remind him of the stuff he left behind in the first place).

Would be 7 for me if the first girl come back to him a few months later telling him she broke up with his brother. Not being able to put aside his lingering feelings for her and move on, he mustered what little courage he could and ask her out for a date. She gladly accept, saying that she has something she wanted to talk to him too. It was an awkward date with him being wishy washy all these while, trying to find the right moment to ask her out. Finally, at the bay area after sunset, he says 'Please give me another chance!'. To his surprise, her first two words were ...

" I'm pregnant. "

And all these while she wanted him to cosign the document for abortion because his brother couldn't give a shit about her and the baby.

Would be 7 for me if the first girl come back to him a few months later telling him she broke up with his brother. Not being able to put aside his lingering feelings for her and move on, he mustered what little courage he could and ask her out for a date. She gladly accept, saying that she has something she wanted to talk to him too. It was an awkward date with him being wishy washy all these while, trying to find the right moment to ask her out. Finally, at the bay area after sunset, he says 'Please give me another chance!'. To his surprise, her first two words were ...

" I'm pregnant. "

And all these while she wanted him to cosign the document for abortion because his brother couldn't give a shit about her and the baby.

Dude...

you want the guy to commit suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom