• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Fugo]

Hokuto no Toriko

So basically Raoh has spared Toki's life because he admit he's no longer a threat and he still remain his brother. In a sense Toki's dead because he won't fight Raoh's again, and will die of old age anyway pretty soon, so Raoh's fine with this ending. Now it remain to be seen who will Raoh actually fight, if the third brother, or someone else entirely.

lol
I got the HnK vibe from the previous chapter already... and I was actually thinking about THAT Raoh vs Toki fight. Now the "inspiration" is quite blatant.

But still I'm liking this

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Holy Fuck.

I have just spent the last 7-8 hours reading Kingdom straight from the 1st volume to the 16th.

HOLY FUCK.

This manga's epicness is beyond words. I did not expect to find a manga worthy of stealing the title of "the most epic" in my heart from Ryuuroden, but this manga really managed to do FANTASTIC job at it. HOLY SHIT.

Did Rafa=FedKilla not read Soul Catcher(s) chps 1-3 yet?!

-

Fairy Tail 357

Number of Nine Demons Gates with Good Designs:

Anyway, arc is going good after this slow start with laxus getting in, wonder if he has what it takes to pull through at least, for the council members I thought were supposed to be a bit stronger than guild members but being wiped out easily by the gates makes them seem weak. Could see Laxus maybe cutting it close then being able to redeem himself much better later in the arc handing Natsu some more powers.
The scanslators are finally realizing it is here to say, its been in and out of the middle of Jump the past few weeks. I also bought the first volume. Now if they would just hurry up elDLIVE and Monster Kingdom oneshot.

Holy Fuck.

I have just spent the last 7-8 hours reading Kingdom straight from the 1st volume to the 16th.

HOLY FUCK.

This manga's epicness is beyond words. I did not expect to find a manga worthy of stealing the title of "the most epic" in my heart from Ryuuroden, but this manga really managed to do FANTASTIC job at it. HOLY SHIT.

Yeah I read from the first volume to the last tranlated chapter. So epic, all the characters are BADASS.

One of the volume covers is such a tease.

scy

The Breaker: New Waves 134 - You were supposed to kill him man ;__;

Kenichi 544 - Naked Shigure, Metal Gear Touchuumaru.

Nisekoi 96 - "That" -> Probably about her health. Please be about her health and not just more going back over the childhood promise stuff. For once.

Silver Spoon 89 - Valentine's Day coming up? plsbegood

Holy Fuck.

HOLY FUCK.

I remember when I first read Kingdom. It was like 12 AM and I figured I'd see what the first volume or so was like.

I went to sleep at 7 AM.

Worth it.

jman2050

TWGOK 248

Keima this chapter:

yAd9MSj.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 96
You cannot fool me Komi, the secret is probably something really stupid.

I think she has some kind of terminal illness. They mentioned before that she was sick all the time and Chitanda's perverted clone asked that question in response to Marika saying it "takes time" to change someone.

Akito

I think she has some kind of terminal illness. They mentioned before that she was sick all the time and Chitanda's perverted clone asked that question in response to Marika saying it "takes time" to change someone.
Please, that's what he wants us to think.
I just want to be prepared for any eventuality.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon

At the very least someone's got the stones to point out overly thick shonen behavior. Somehow I doubt this will result in any development of their relationship at all.

scy

Silver Spoon

At the very least someone's got the stones to point out overly thick shonen behavior. Somehow I doubt this will result in any development of their relationship at all.

This entire arc has had a lot of "Wait, you two AREN'T dating?! Wow, seriously?" moments. I'd like to think that Valentine's would put an end to some of that.

But then I come back to reality and get sad.

mjontrix

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 1-7

Aunt Tits really is the perfect name for this manga. Really tempted to use it over the real name.

Aunt is without a doubt A+ material. Not really feeling the cousin though.

Oh man, be glad you're able to read alot at once instead of being drip-fed each chapter...

and dw, E.N.D is probably a well designed character - who obviously is not
Emperor Natsu Dragneel

Angry Grimace

This entire arc has had a lot of "Wait, you two AREN'T dating?! Wow, seriously?" moments. I'd like to think that Valentine's would put an end to some of that.

But then I come back to reality and get sad.

It won't. They'll just both sit around being horny for the other and not doing anything about it.

In all honesty, this arc has had a lot of nothing consequential happening.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nah, Naruto was heavily influenced by editors. Mario still has a very bright future, he just tried to cram too much into the oneshot and a lot was edited out. It happens when you really want to get a story out you've been waiting on. Mario will carry a Shueisha manga at the very least.

And speaking of baseball manga, its a shame Mr. Fullswing never got an anime. It held down the back of Jump with Jaguar for ages...

Did you actually read the baseball one? Every single character in that story had their design stolen from Naruto.

Fairy Tail

Oh very nice! Fights and new villains. Excited for this arc.

Kenichi

O_O Drool... Dang author really went all out with the fanservice. Can't wait for the next one lol. Touchumaru is so freaking awesome and Shigure even more.

Beelzebub

Fuck Jr and Fuck lmao.

Man Beel's mom is thin and looks sick. Wonder if she had a fight with Beel's dad.

Angry Grimace

I'm like 70% sure Marika caught whatever Nagisa from Clannad had so she's like dying and they're going to claim that's why she's such a pushy person.

Stulaw

Wagatsuma-san 41
Friendzoned, let's see if he can get out of this one.

Kenichi 544
I somehow managed to read this at Uni.

TWGOK 248
Keima being badass again, not too long until the arc ends.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 235

After Akashi puts down on Kagami we find out he is no longer in the "Zone"
but they mention he could possible go back into it later.

Also my theory of the 5th Rakuzan player having Kuroko's
weak presence ability is almost confirmed because the Rakuzan player picked up on Kuroko when he enter the court. People who are not use to it wouldn't have picked up on him.
Seems like Kagami is going to be the punching bag for a little next chapter.

Solune

This is incredible. Solune I feel like I haven't seen you in a while breh.

Haven't been reading manga all that much! I still lurk though. Playing too many things and watching anime/TV. I even rewatched Marineford Arc kind of out of the blue.

Feels naked without a Neoriceisgood avatar coming in here and Laughing Banana's avatar wtf.

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail

Awful character design on all of the bad guys and boy does Mashima suck at making any kind of smooth transition between arcs. He might as well just have timeskips.

upandaway

Haven't been reading manga all that much! I still lurk though. Playing too many things and watching anime/TV. I even rewatched Marineford Arc kind of out of the blue.

Feels naked without a Neoriceisgood avatar coming in here and Laughing Banana's avatar wtf.
Nothing wrong with feeling naked around here

upandaway

Just wear a scarf and you'll never feel naked.
I went through so much inner turmoil trying to avoid avatar-quoting you right here, and decided that distracting myself with meta commentary was the only way I could escape the temptation.

I don't even know how you managed to post right as this was happening, it's crazy

upandaway

While we're on this, I'd like to bring up that to date I've seen 3 applications in fiction of something using a part of its body as a scarf. Incidentally they're my 3 favorite scarves. But would that count as being naked, if that's all they were wearing?

This is confusing.

Akito

While we're on this, I'd like to bring up that to date I've seen 3 applications in fiction of something using a part of its body as a scarf. Incidentally they're my 3 favorite scarves. But would that count as being naked, if that's all they were wearing?

This is confusing.
It depends on what part of the body was used. We need pictures.

upandaway

Grimace's avatar, at first glance, is also naked. But that's a facade because it's just a dude (who may or may not be wearing a scarf), wearing a costume of a naked sonic. I guess whether that counts as naked or not depends on the viewer...

Angry Grimace

Grimace's avatar, at first glance, is also naked. But that's a facade because it's just a dude (who may or may not be wearing a scarf), wearing a costume of a naked sonic. I guess whether that counts as naked or not depends on the viewer...

Grimace is a milkshake.

Once we get to March, the Uncle O'Grimacey avatar will come back.

yMUWCLA.jpg

I went through so much inner turmoil trying to avoid avatar-quoting you right here, and decided that distracting myself with meta commentary was the only way I could escape the temptation.

I don't even know how you managed to post right as this was happening, it's crazy

But my avatar isn't even wearing a scarf!

B.O.O.M

Fairy Tail
How bloody useless is this counsel exactly? lol I mean aren't these guys supposed to be strong :S I actually like this 'calamity' guy...his power looks cool. Now the question is who will save Laxus when he inevitably get's his ass kicked

Nordicus

Toshiue no Hito 33-41 (End)

Urgh, ya know what, I wish Ageha had slept with that man after Tsutomu ran away from the responsibility of becoming a father. I mean, this series was pretty alright at the end, but can I have another Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien end conflict just once in a while, pretty please?

It seems that with every single seinen romance I read, the female love interest needs to show more patience and understanding than the male protagonist in order for the story to reach a happy ending. Can't the scales be even or lean to the other side once in a while?

Maybe I just don't look for that kind of material in the correct way. Yo MangaGAF, got suggestions? You can use spoilertags on the titles and such if necessary, assume that I'm going to read the spoilers anyways. It's mainly for the sake of others

Toriko

You know, Shimabukuro is going to kill someone off for real, and nobody is going to believe it. Oh right, I forgot Tommyrodd is dead.

I'm guessing Toriko's devil limbs will be his new power, until he gets one that breaks everything like Minority World or Midora's Mirror Neutrons. Science!

CoCo is probably dead too they never showed him

B.O.O.M

Toriko
YAY Ichiryuu! :D Da faq happened to Toriko's arm and leg...demon time? And the author wasn't joking about 'the awakening''....the dude literally just woke up lol

Kingdom
I have read all the translated ones and even went through the raw chapters (can't read Japanese at all mind you lol) but it was too epic not too..this manga is absolute bonkers. Love it

ps: Looks like Horimiya raw is out as well..someone pls translate it asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom