• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Was reading a mini interview to Miki Yoshikawa (author of Yankee and Yamada) and I found a certain part funny, so tried to translate to the best of my ability to share with you guys:

We know that you've been the assistant of Mashima Sensei. Can you tell us how it is working with an author so successfull?

Everyday I was able to finish my assistant's job, despite always playing videogames (laughs).
I became a mangaka assistant despite not having any experience in the field beforehand, therefore I learned all the know-how of the professional mangaka working together with Mashima Sensei.
About this there is an anecdote that I'm remembering about a certain day. That day a typhoon was about to come, there was lightning and thunder and the blackout alert had gone off.
Mashima Sensei said: "Damn! If there is going to be a blackout, we won't be able to work! I'm going to buy the necessary equipment for emergencies!" and he left to shop under the storm. After a little while he came back, all wet and breathless! He told us: "The wind took away my umbrella, but don't worry! I brought a lot of food, water, candles and the lightsticks!" and then he distributed the survival kits to all us assistants. We all thought that he was a man you can really count on!
Right at that time, the head of the assistants said: "Mashima Sensei, we thank you a lot... but the typhoon already passed..."
Opening the curtains, we noticed that outside was serene once again.

I'm a bit sad I wasn't able to sign for an autograph with her for Lucca 2013, but I probably wouldn't have been able to attend anyways.

wonzo

Banned
fF5pCvl.jpg
want

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Was reading a mini interview to Miki Yoshikawa (author of Yankee and Yamada) and I found a certain part funny, so tried to translate to the best of my ability to share with you guys:

I'm a bit sad I wasn't able to sign for an autograph with her for Lucca 2013, but I probably wouldn't have been able to attend anyways.

I have to imagine being a female anywhere near Mashima while he's working is really embarrassing.

TWGOK 248
Alright Keima being a badass. Now hurry up and en this arc

Nisekoi 96
Bet her secret is going to be that she'll die by the end of the year but, it will turn out later that she'll be fine

Haha, Mashima sounds dependable.

scy

Akame ga Kill 42 [RAW] - welp

Nanatsu no Taizai 51 - So he cut a mountain in half with a twig?

And I'm rooting for Ban.

Kieli

What does it mean to miss a FedEX shipment? Does it disappear from the postage or something?

Packages that contain $100+ of stuff require a signature. Delivery persons can't just leave it on your doorstep in this case (thank god).

They'll take it back to the nearest FedEX for you to pick up.

jgminto

Jojolion 25

Might be the creepiest Jojo chapter since Kira's bath with his son. It seems like it could be a lot darker series than the previous, even with very little gore used. The characters are just that fucking creepy. Fuck Joshuu especially, he's a total scumbag. Can't wait for Jo2uke to ORA ORA and bubble all these creepy fuckers.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am reading Akame ga Kiru/Kill since so many of you seem to be enjoying it but... the art is super rough in my eyes :( ... well, at least on the 1st volume... haven't read it beyond that. It's really difficult trying to enjoy it coming from Kingdom with its massive epicness.

Anyways, I am also reading this....

Akatsuki_no_Yona_v03_c12_001.jpg

My 1st shoujo in a hundred years. The story is standard, there is nothing really intelligent about it, but the artwork is pleasant to see.

I am also enjoying Shokugeki no Soma.

Sket Dance 257

One thing I like bout Sket Dance is the author, Kenta Sinohara, sure knows how to design a variety of characters :D

Fairy Tail

Sweet, always liked Laxus.

Akuma de Keiyaku 2

The spy plot was alright though resolved a bit too fast. Im just glad it didnt split up the better pairing here with Bel and Michinaga. Height difference and age too (though the demon would technically be older, so it does the older uke then, nice). made it better than chp 1.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My 1st shoujo in a hundred years. The story is standard, there is nothing really intelligent about it, but the artwork is pleasant to see.

I am also enjoying Shokugeki no Soma.

If you want intelligent shoujo read Glass mask man.

Well, not really all that intelligent, but goddamnit read glass mask.

Eroman - Kami to Pen to Sex to!! 2
tumblr_mva465ufJu1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Real BL at least it worked to getting them to finally be picked up by an editor and soon on their way of reaching their dream, but I think the process of getting there is way interesting with the fantasies and experiences with the scenarios. Funny still and the new character introduced to expand their world will really keep this extremely entertaining.

Nordicus

That reminds me of this experiment where a man had to live with a camera headgear that would turn the world upside-down.

He got used to it in 2 weeks. Could even ride a bike with the thing on iirc

Phi Brain Puzzle of God 8

Gondola Fools Puzzle far better in the anime, feel like they tried to cram too much of it within 20 something pages which made it feel rushed, but it did make Gammon seem way more insecure of his own feelings about things.

Ore no Ushiro ni Tatsu na!! 2

Sometimes I dont like the plot and it can be messy but then some moments its just hilarious (anri getting in the moment for example or the cops response when coming to stop this drug crime affair). Not the best detective series but still entertaining.

Onigari no Mori de 6

Eight months wait for volume two to finally come, was it worth it? Perhaps I think she is becoming one of my favorite authors in the genre and the supernatural elements in really plot driven stories always make it a unique and interesting experience. Like in Sleeping Moon, good art continues and perfectly placed scenes for affection dont get in the way of trying to build and deliver scenes with the huge drama and things of the supernatural. The world crossing aspect, or in this case the gates sucking people from either side and displacing them or even causing some sorts of destructing kept it gripping. Just ready for seven to see what happens.

LeleSocho

Banned
So i installed Mavericks on my mac and opened for the first time iBooks, searching some free book just to see how the app is and in the first few rows this appeared.
EfVqWTw.png

wat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom