• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He said he'd be retiring from feature film direction, not retiring from doing anything, as the article points out. Drawing a manga doesn't go back on what he said.

Who cares if he goes back on what he said anyways? Ozzy retired like 5 times, so did KISS.

Akito

Kyou Kara Ore Wa v07
Damn, this kid is a huge pain in the ass, he is 200 years too early to be ready to challenge Lord Mitsuhashi.

LeleSocho

Banned
Baby Steps 7-27
Sincerely from how you guys described it i thought those baby steps were more... baby, he has already won against one of the best in class after all.
Anyway what i saw is pretty much in the standards for a sport-shounen, sure there isn't any kamehameha-shots but all the other tropes are pretty much there.
Also i'm tired of these friendly teachers... we need more people like him:
k6kZy4x.jpg

In Daimon we trust.

Rin-ne 156

Always nice to see stories wrap up like that.

Shiinake no Hitobito 22

Huh, so the villain got off by someone else, lol. Half a year literally screams time skip and flash forward cause the series is ending soon!

Soutaisei Moteron 05

Boring Love Triangle time.

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 50

I guess this wasn't as terrible as other past chapters. There might be some progress. Maybe.

I was thinking that I haven't seen you around much lately. Hope all is well!

Well bad stuff only happened a few days ago when I found out my surviving dog was pretty damn sick. I'm thinking she'll probably survive it and be back to her usual self in due time, but it's definitely emotionally taxing going to see her everyday with a bunch of IVs and stuff all over her body.

Before that (and still now), I've just been busy getting used to a new house and trying to get my novel published. Just haven't had the motivation to post in-depth impressions about stuff since I'm pretty much using up all my mental energy elsewhere. At any other time in my life, I'd probably be psyched to write up paragraphs about stuff like Kill la Kill every week, but I'm fine just showering basic praise on it along with whatever else I like at any given time. I'm thinking that should change by December when my mind hopefully isn't in a million other places.

Aizo

Banned
I really need to get back to posting impressions in here. Kind of been in a rut with that both here and in animegaf with all the craziness going on in my life now.

Hectic life nakama. I do so hope that your dog gets better!!

I'm still getting used to living in another country. There are a bunch of issues that come along with that. :/

wonzo

Banned
Inari 29-34
I really didn't like the "stuck in the mirror" part but fortunately it was over in two chapters which is par the course for the overall brisk pacing in this. It'll be interesting to see how Keiko deals with overhearing Sumizome's admission that she liked her. Speaking of Sumizome, I totally didn't see her dad coming at all. this manga
lawd.png

e:

AUNT TITS 102 RAW

time to rename this series TEACHERS ASS

Ore to Hero to Mahou Shoujo 01-10

The story of a guy who fights crime as a hero by transforming into a magical girl.

Amusing setting, the action isn't bad, the dialogue is pretty funny and looks like we're getting some plot now too.

Ore no Pantsu ga Nerawareteita 01

A guy who always dreamed of a perfect romance gets confessed by a girl who wants his underwear.

Yes with a premise this stupid, having the series be stupid is the only way to go. Yet, it's still somewhat entertaining even if it is your basic will probably become a harem series.

IHaveIce

Banned
Hey MangaGAF I was banned for 2 weeks and did something crazy.. I started to read Rage Town and now I'm up to date, I expected way worse after all these reactions. Nisekoi is worse!!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What's the name of the horror manga with a fat dude as the lead who is in a relationship with a beautiful gal that may not be a human since she... it.... impersonated his childhood crush that's already dead?

For the life of me I can't remember it.

Aizo

Banned
What's the name of the horror manga with a fat dude as the lead who is in a relationship with a beautiful gal that may not be a human since she... it.... impersonated her childhood crush that's already dead?

Whaaaaaaaa. I've read a lot of Horror manga, but I'm not familiar with this one. Perhaps it's something that I've forgotten, or... you're about to find me new reading material.

Soma

What's the name of the horror manga with a fat dude as the lead who is in a relationship with a beautiful gal that may not be a human since she... it.... impersonated her childhood crush that's already dead?

Scumbag Loser is the name.

dumbyugi

Bloomed in Action

This was real boring shit. It's about a soldier who gets blown up by a suicide bomber and has his body rebuilt. Of course because this is a manga he ends up being rebuilt as a highschool girl. She goes to an all girls school for fancy girls in order to protect the students from harm or something. She ends up staying in the same room as her mentor from when she was a soldier, who was also turned into a girl because who cares. There are also a few other characters who were once soldiers who were also turned into girls. The art is pretty average, there's no story so to speak, the comedy isn't really good and it was very repetitive for a series with only 7 chapters. I wouldn't reccomend it.

Art: 5/10
Story: 1/10
Characters: 3/10
Overall: 3/10

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

Me: Hell yeah, Sasuke 'bout to take care of shit!

Wait. Nope. Thanks fuckin Kakashi.

Me: Woah. Okay. Kakashi takin' care of shit! This can work.

Nope. Thanks fuckin Minato.

Eh, I kinda enjoyed the chapter though.

Edit: The fact that this is mostly over makes me breathe a sigh of relief and hope for better conflicts to come.

Big One

Banned
Naruto F

Another awful chapter. Good lord is the writing and development here at an all time low. Hopefully we don't see more fights cause this series needs to end already.

Reknoc

Started reading Kingdom the other day. Its great so far, got to the part where they're attacking the Wei army, pretty brutal stuff.

wonzo

Banned
Yeah it sounds nice, and it does not have any super natural element in it, which i find appealing. Is the anime faithful to the manga?
the anime is garbage and the only thing supernatural about it is some of the insane physical feats the more prominent members of the cast are capable of (shin, houken, kyo kai etc)

the anime is garbage and there's definitely some suspension of disbelief with the pysichal feats of the more prominent members of the cast (shin, houken, kyo kai etc)

Thanks for the info. I don´t mind some suspension of belief, it´s just i want to read an action manga which does not have super natural monsters, ghosts, or anything of that kind.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

TlHNEQN.jpg

The story of a guy who fights crime as a hero by transforming into a magical girl.

Amusing setting, the action isn't bad, the dialogue is pretty funny and looks like we're getting some plot now too.

Hey, that was actually pretty interesting. Would be nice if it got more popular and picked up.

wonzo

Banned

Just an fyi but it looks like the author started redoing the chapters on a new site so hopefully those'll get translated soon.

smurfx

get some go again
the anime is garbage and and the only thing supernatural about it are some of the insane physical feats the more prominent members of the cast are capable of (shin, houken, kyo kai etc)
watched one episode and saw the super shitty animation and never went back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom