• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Knight 01

I thought how this was set up was less interesting than the one shot.

It also had less of an impact than the one shot as well which is pretty disappointing.

I guess the father will have something to do with the plot but this still has the whole problem of so now what after the first chapter.

Korosenai

Prison School 73

This is the most absurdly badass shit ever.

DAT EPIC SPEECH. (Nsfw)
I just got to this chapter and that is the best analogy ever (Medusa turning his mushroom to stone lol).

However, there is an actual Spider-Man manga. From 1970.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_The_Manga

Peter Parker? Try Yu Komori.
And of course, there's also the Tokusatsu Spider-Man, but that's a whole different story there.
Yeah, I knew there was a Spiderman manga, just wanted to confirm it's what everyone here was reading.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto

Whatever it is that Madara's doing in this chapter, in terms of absorbing everything he touches, note that the first thing he does is bite his wrist. It looks like blood is required to complete the technique, and I'm guessing Edo Tensei bodies just don't bleed. So when it comes to absorbing the Bijuu, he's gotta be actually alive. Gives some insight into why he felt the "immortal" Edo Tensei body wasn't gonna cut it.

PK Gaming

Just caught up with Attack on Titan from chapter 30-something.

Wow, despite any misgivings I might have with the anime, AoT is definitely a high quality manga. I really, really like the shift in story
ie: some of the titans being humans on the inside
and the fact that Eren literally
has the ability to control titans.

I should let the chapters pile up again, haha.

Korosenai

Prison School 80

JqBcacu.png
iLnxkpONAvpuP.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom 350

There is a spread shot in this chapter, so perfectly captured/drawn, so perfectly delivered, so perfectly executed, it literally gives me *goosebumps* when I see it.

Unbelievable. Really, utterly, unbelievable.

I wish I can post the shot that I mean in here, but maybe it's considered spoiler huh. But man, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing.

Kieli

Gigantomakhia 1

This was completely different than what I was expecting....

I like Delos, he seems to be pretty personable and courageous.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I just got to this chapter and that is the best analogy ever (Medusa turning his mushroom to stone lol).

Yeah, I knew there was a Spiderman manga, just wanted to confirm it's what everyone here was reading.
You should still just read Ultimate Spider-man, it's great and kinda shounen-like.

One Piece
Pretty cool chapter, I totally forget they needed Momo for some reason..

Wiseblade

YES

READ ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN

One Piece

This cover arc has gone on for too long.

Big Mom joining current events is setting off my real-ometer.

Big One

Banned
Gigantomakhia

Solid start. Though I can't help to think this takes place in the far future of the Berserk world. Myths are coming alive, and those mountains with nipples kind of reminds me of what could happen with Slan's presence there. Maybe in this setting, Guts killed the Godhand and basically fucked up the entire world itself.

Cerity

Caught up with toriko, only reason I'm really reading it is the fights. Everything else is pretty lacklustre IMO. It also reminded me just how much I hate online readers, a good 40 chapters were offline on the scanlators site so I had to find an online reader. They're okay for 1-2 chapters but goddamn does it get irritating if you're sitting down and trying marathon something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gigantomakhia

Solid start. Though I can't help to think this takes place in the far future of the Berserk world. Myths are coming alive, and those mountains with nipples kind of reminds me of what could happen with Slan's presence there. Maybe in this setting, Guts killed the Godhand and basically fucked up the entire world itself.

I would laugh if this is how he chooses to close out the berserk series by making what happened after as a central back story.

LeleSocho

Banned
ΓΙΓΑΝΤΟΜΑΧΙΑ 1
From the start i would've really wanted that this wasn't a short series...
Also the title written in greek? Instant boner.

Iron Knight 01

I thought how this was set up was less interesting than the one shot.

It also had less of an impact than the one shot as well which is pretty disappointing.

I guess the father will have something to do with the plot but this still has the whole problem of so now what after the first chapter.

How so, it clearly shows taking back the city and saving his friends is whats going to happen next.

Fantasma 1

JUMP SQ continues the trend of having great manga and Fantasma is definitely a great series. I havent embraced an story about mafia in such a way since well KHR. I wonder if Nero will gather family members too. In any event the cursed weapon theme with the fantasma's seems compelling and a simple baseball bat is actually pretty good. The action scene within once Nero embraced the power was intense and fairly funny. Nero himself is an instant favorite lead perfect design even and great personality. While the fantasma is kind of a cute cool design.

Great clean art and everything, will keep following. Emotional impact is high too.

daveo42

Banned
Zoro and Fujitora will be quick. He can only occupy him. He is nowhere near admiral level. Defeating an admiral is Luffy's test before him.

I seriously think you're not giving Zoro enough credit here. Zoro could hold his own at this point after training with Mihawk for two straight years. The more obvious disparity here is Sanji and crew vs Big Mom, unless there's something even more spectacular hidden in the Sunny to help even the odds.

How so, it clearly shows taking back the city and saving his friends is whats going to happen next.

Which really isn't something I'm expecting to happen.

He'll probably join up some team or whatever, have his mysterious father troll and train him and it'll fall into your normal shounen series. I don't have much faith this will turn out any differently.

Yonafunu

Gigantomakhia 1

I love the world so far, and Delos seems cool enough. Really looking forward to seeing where this will go.

Guys, what if this turns out to be so good we want this to continue, and Miura'll be like "nooo you guys wanted Berserk so it's all you're getting you ungrateful assholes suck on it"? Dammit Miura.

Beelzebub

Emotional chapter. I am so glad that smug piece of shit got his ass kicked. When Beel was pissed after his mother was beaten and climbed on Oga´s back i got that super saiyan vibe from Oga.

Kuroko

The problem with these fucking matches they take too long. Meh, just get on with this shit.

Theonik

Mato-chan
A pretty fun 4-coma about an elementary school girl that is obsessed with bugs. It was mostly entertaining and the art was very cute as well though I did feel it run for too long as these things tend to.
Would recommend checking it out if any of these sound appealing to you.

Wait, did Berserk end?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom