• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Alice in Hell volume 4
a81.jpeg

I didn't think Shu could appear more fucked up than he did already. I was wrong. Very very wrong.
The volume is almost completely devoted to the flashback about Shu's past, with only the last part dealing with the present.
Shu keeps acting like an idiot and I'm really not liking him. How he's gonna get out of the situation alive I have no idea. I hope Alice will save his ass, even if he doesn't deserve it, but if he dies, who's gonna save Alice? So he better live.

Alice in Hell volume 4
a81.jpeg

I didn't think Shu could appear more fucked up than he did already. I was wrong. Very very wrong.
The volume is almost completely devoted to the flashback about Shu's past, with only the last part dealing with the present.
Shu keeps acting like an idiot and I'm really not liking him. How he's gonna get out of the situation alive I have no idea. I hope Alice will save his ass, even if he doesn't deserve it, but if he dies, who's gonna save Alice? So he better live.

what translation is this? :l

Lain

what translation is this? :l

Italian edition.

A Girl By The Sea volume 2
d81.jpeg

A really sad atmosphere permeates the whole volume.
There is a lot of fucking, some revenge and the sea. I can't say I like the way this story ends, since I wanted a different kind of end, but the story was good so I'll have to be content with that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Italian edition.

d81.jpeg

There is a lot of fucking, some revenge and the sea. I can't say I like the way this story ends, since I wanted a different kind of end, but the story was good so I'll have to be content with that.

You are dangling a dry aged steak in front of starving men.

Italian edition.

d81.jpeg

and you get girl by the sea too? too jelly >:l

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
GENSHIKEN

I fully support that Sasahara's sister is the best choice for Madarame.

Her > Sue >> Angela >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hato.

Mael

Hunter x Hunter Reread

Okay, someone explain to me how Naniko/Aluka's power isn't completely ridiculous in the presence of Killua.

No one said it wasn't, it's just that Killua usually isn't in any way near Alluka.
Alluka is OP but without anyone to protect her she's the very definition of useless.

And why the hell did I not already buy Bravely Default?

And La Mulana was awesome on Wii, you should have already played it so if you can find it on Steam or whatever : PLAY IT NOW

Tacitus_

Kingdom

Caught up. This manga is goddamn amazing. I think my only complaints are that the art sometimes looks a bit wonky but that seemed to clear itself as the series went on, and that the strength levels are rapidly going silly. Like that one dude was strength training by chopping down huge trees with a single stroke from his glaive.

Akito

Otoyomegatari 34
Azel? Azel! Azeeeeeeel!
Wow, if someone was to tell me a few months ago that this series would someday have that kind of cliffhanger, I would laugh at him. The tone shift is crazy but the quality didn't suffer any major hit, if anything at all.

Finally sat down and read the lesser parts of the big 3.

Bleach

I'd like Bleach's powers a lot more if I actually cared about the fights at all. The fairly rigid "these two dudes fight this one dude"-formula we've seen throughout almost every arc bores me to death.

Naruto

This "everyone in the fucking world v.s. 1 villain" formula definitely makes me gain a newfound respect for the "underdog v.s. overwhelming odds" formula most shonen tends to go for.

I can't even tell what fight bores me more, Bleach's repetitive 1 on 1 shit or Naruto's total mess of an ending.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Otoyomegatari 34
Azel? Azel! Azeeeeeeel!
Wow, if someone was to tell me a few months ago that this series would someday have that kind of cliffhanger, I would laugh at him. The tone shift is crazy but the quality didn't suffer any major hit, if anything at all.

Yeah, she did a great job with the action scenes.

Akito

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 36
Whenever I see a page in such an unfinished state, I fear greatly for the fate of the manga, Togashi has scared me for life. At least Uka was adorable (as always).

Erigu

The artist from Koroshiya 1 and the guy from Gantz is teaming up for a new manga.
That was just a one-shot, and it's already out. I couldn't be arsed to actually read the thing. There was a gigantic naked woman. Unsurprisingly.
But the Gantz guy's actual new series will begin in January. For those who care. Poor souls.

ElFly

Gantz' ending made all cringe-worthy moments in the series hurt double as bad, cause it didn't lead up to anything that compensates for it.

It reminded me of the final manga the protagonists do in Bakkuman, that also ends abruptly.

Having an extended ending is ok, you guys! It's not "art" to end immediately.

Aizo

Banned
That was just a one-shot, and it's already out. I couldn't be arsed to actually read the thing. There was a gigantic naked woman. Unsurprisingly.
But the Gantz guy's actual new series will begin in January. For those who care. Poor souls.

I'm not getting burned again. I will not read anything that he writes again, unless it has a good reputation after being finished.

half of the manga i read because of my morbid curiosity, what's another one...

GManDH

HSDK

this series has been getting quiet a few breaks, but then again i wouldnt doubt the series is entering its ending saga, which may last longer than 2 years but its still ending. Good chapter. for anyone that likes martial arts, you can either start this now or just wait for it to finish and then read it. Either way, a MUST for martial arts fans.

Kreed

One Punch Man 31:

I completely forgot about the aliens. lol

WIll read again when the other half's posted up.

Is that what's been going on? I was wondering why all of a sudden the story went from a meeting with the S-Class heroes to a space ship flying up above. I went back to the previous chapter to see if I missed something and all of a sudden more pages were added than when I read it the first time.

Antiwhippy

HSDK

this series has been getting quiet a few breaks, but then again i wouldnt doubt the series is entering its ending saga, which may last longer than 2 years but its still ending. Good chapter. for anyone that likes martial arts, you can either start this now or just wait for it to finish and then read it. Either way, a MUST for martial arts fans.

It's so far removed from any martial arts at this point, but the fights are still fun.

Yakozen 2
tumblr_mxe3ccdKH91qbxqfpo1_500.png

Tickling boyfriends at the start...but then, awful character arrives to spoil the fun for both the girl that wanted Chiba, as well as Monji, who was with Chiba as well. I hope Chiba has explanation for going with the mystery character and hurting Monji bad.

Antiwhippy

Kabu no isaki END

... the fuck?

I think that was one of the most ambiguous endings I have ever read. It left so many more questions than answers.

Still, other than the ending, this was such a pleasant manga. A lot like yokohama kaidashi kikkou, it has such a beautifully introspective atmosphere, but where YKK explores the beauty of humanity and nature, Kabu no Isaki use that quiet and introspective tone to give the act of flying and travelling a kind of reverence. Watching them fly the planes feels so freeing.

Fairy Tail 363

Yep Lisanna has an ass, glad we got confirmation of that

A pulse bomb that can wipe out the worlds magic? How does one develop such a weapon?

LeleSocho

Banned
HSDK

Maybe we already had this discussion but i really doubt it's entering in its final stage, Kenichi is still too weak compared to all the others to enter the final part... he first needs to be stronger than Miu then almost as strong as a master then the last bunch of chapters when he beats the crap out of everyone. Now in 2 years i think it's rather difficult to compress all that... it may happen if there's a time skip but i don't see that happening sincerely.

HSDK
It's time to see some decent battles, it's been some time since it happened.

Soma gets nice sketches on twitter. Isami is underated...but still sotaku.
tumblr_mxe3t0Q6gi1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg
I love Isami.
Incredibly i think that Soma may be the least favorite character in all the manga.

Maybe we already had this discussion but i really doubt it's entering in its final stage, Kenichi is still too weak compared to all the others to enter the final part... he first needs to be stronger than Miu then almost as strong as a master then the last bunch of chapters when he beats the crap out of everyone. Now in 2 years i think it's rather difficult to compress all that... it may happen if there's a time skip but i don't see that happening sincerely.

Agree unless there is a time skip this not finishing in 2 years .
Then again the author could just stop before he gets to master level and do a epilogue .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom