• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beelzebub - 232

So I'm guessing this is a start of a whole new arc now?They left a whole chunk of info out. What happened to that truck driver, and what happened to the town that was destroyed by the Simon Company? Either this is going to be answered later, or it's just going to be a big fog of info.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Don't go down that hole man. It isn't worth it.

Eh, thought it was a fairly fun series overall.

Reversible! END

That turned out pretty nicely after all, actually. That last chapter was really sweet too. Shuu is totally adorable.

Probably a more respectful exploration of transvestism than I was expecting, and doesn't treat the male characters as just girl surrogates, and even explores that as a theme which is pretty rad. It was nice how near the end they realised to look beyond the cute looks and look at who the person really is.

The reason for setting up a crossdressing school was fucking incomprehensible, but whatever.

Just glad it didn't turn out to be thrash like usotsuki lily.

Fox318

Eh, thought it was a fairly fun series overall.

Reversible! END

That turned out pretty nicely after all, actually. That last chapter was really sweet too. Shuu is totally adorable.

Probably a more respectful exploration of transvestism than I was expecting, and doesn't treat the male characters as just girl surrogates, and even explores that as a theme which is pretty rad. It was nice how near the end they realised to look beyond the cute looks and look at who the person really is.

The reason for setting up a crossdressing school was fucking incomprehensible, but whatever.

Just glad it didn't turn out to be thrash like usotsuki lily.
Wait it ended?

I just remember the jokes and stuff falling flat on me.

Yankee-kun and Megane-chan 202
Well I don't expect that character to be important to the plot anymore

Tonari no Seki 43
We need Seki branding

Reversible! 1-end

Took a chance on this and ended up finding it really cute. I like how they handled the concept of cross-dressing and the time skip was a nice touch. Are there other manga that handle this topic (or related topics) in a similar light-hearted, but earnest manner? I watched Wandering Son back when it aired, but honestly forgot it was based on a manga. Is the manga similar in tone to the anime?

Yumeiro Patissiere

Reread this recently, and man, I forgot just how harem like it is, except that instead of targeting 14-30 year old males like most shounen harem its aimed solely at 10-14 year old girls.

Terrible story and characters but whatever, it is what it is (mary sue fic for young children), and the baking was fun enough.

I loved the anime, if only SP had been longer to deliver more comedy and fun. I miss Kashino and Andou.

Log Horizon

Eh, not as fun to read as the anime is to watch. Seems rushed and a little all over the place.

Why wouldnt one go for the novel, instead of the manga (unless thats what you were mentioning). Seems like being rushed would definitely be what the manga would be.

ONE PIECE... thoughts

So Sabo and Koala are there as revolutionaries but I believe that old Fishman dude who lost at the Coliseum and was later tossed into the toy ditch is a revolutionary as well since we see him communicating to someone with a similar snail that Koala has... Therefore Koala sent him there to investigate and he is part of her fishman karate faction

wonzo

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 Breaking Special 1
mobpsychob1.jpg

This dude should give up exorcism and start his own massage parlor.

Aku no Hana 52

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ryan13ts

ONE PIECE... thoughts

So Sabo and Koala are there as revolutionaries but I believe that old Fishman dude who lost at the Coliseum and was later tossed into the toy ditch is a revolutionary as well since we see him communicating to someone with a similar snail that Koala has... Therefore Koala sent him there to investigate and he is part of her fishman karate faction

I completely forgot about that, good catch. It makes complete sense considering a Fishman seemed so out of place in an already segregated island like Dressrosa.

upandaway

ONE PIECE... thoughts

Oooooooh. Oooh!

The most important part of this is that this means Koala is stronger than that fish guy

ryan13ts

Speaking of OP again, I know this discussion has been done to death, but does anyone think that Bart might be the next one to join? It's pretty clear that this guy would literally drop everything in a heartbeat to join Luffy and he even said himself that his dream is to become Luffy's "disciple", so I think there's at least some possibility of it happening.

Not to mention the dude is just awesome, has a pretty cool/strong but not overpowered DF ability, and even has a weird personality quirk (Being an insane fanboy). All we're missing is the tragic backstory/viable crew position and I'd say it's all the more possible.

Speaking of OP again, I know this discussion has been done to death, but does anyone think that Bart might be the next one to join? It's pretty clear that this guy would literally drop everything in a heartbeat to join Luffy and he even said himself that his dream is to become Luffy's "disciple", so I think there's at least some possibility of it happening.

Not to mention the dude is just awesome, has a pretty cool/strong but not overpowered DF ability, and even has a weird personality quirk (Being an insane fanboy). All we're missing is the tragic backstory/viable crew position and I'd say it's all the more possible.
He has is own faction to take care of
Seeing as he is a good guy in heart.... He likely will decide to stay with his Mafia group since they probably have a heavy (likely orphan kids) back story and will stick together because of that

What I believe will happen is that Bart's group will be under Luffy's control without Luffy really releasing it

He will have that Navy group and Bart's group as his own Straw Hat Fleet (which will prove significant later on)

SOMA
Sorry for the extra post but they gave it away on who would be the finalist in the Election a few chapter back
Well I believe they did
Tadokoro is no where in sight

Edit: Of course that is assuming that people will score higher in Block A then B since Erina's secretary scored a point lower then Alice's one

Antiwhippy

Wait it ended?

I just remember the jokes and stuff falling flat on me.

I don't really think it's funny either, but I can't really remember any other manga in the same vein being funny at all, so I don't really mind.

Whaaat. It only gets worse.

I dunno, I don't feel any depression at all because at some point I fail to relate to Pun Pun at all, mostly because he turned into such a self hating dumbass.

You really think they'll so obviously show the winners beforehand with no twists at all?

1381612257820.gif

Edit: You guys never expected it... and out of anyone they could of showed off why them?.... and why are they equally 4 people from both blocks A and B

It all connects man I know it does....
I am not crazy

upandaway

You really think they'll so obviously show the winners beforehand with no twists at all?
There's nowhere to go here, because the chance of them being the dudes or not being the dudes is the same chance it would be whether he did this spread or not, i.e. 50-50, because the chance of the spread being true is also 50-50. Basically speculating about the spread to begin with is a trap.

「(°ロ°;)」

There's nowhere to go here, because the chance of them being the dudes or not being the dudes is the same chance it would be whether he did this spread or not, i.e. 50-50, because the chance of the spread being true is also 50-50. Basically speculating about the spread to begin with is a trap.

「(°ロ°;)」

if you guys want a twist then the Glasses guy proceeded to the finals.... Even though they foreshadowed him being more important recently with the Library scene

Quasar

Due to the upcoming anime season I've started sampling a few related manga.

Didnt mind Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (though wish it was more Uka/Tohka focused) and Witch Craft Works, was meh on Nisekoi. Need to try D-Frag.

Kieli

Y'all are weird. Tadokoro will never ascend from B-/B tier, where I think her potential will max out.

Though, she'll become Soma's waifu, so suck it Erina.

Antiwhippy

Every hint we get from tadokoro is that we have yet to see her level up. Maybe not this arc, though I still think the twist is that she gets in. Though marui kinda throws a spanner into the works, unless it's just the author trolling him again.

Reversible! 15

You know that was an interesting way of ending the series. I will admit having such a gap between the last chapter and this one and having a time skip on top of no longer crossdressing took me some time to realize this reunion.

But I did like how it ended. It showed nice growth of character for our lead and of course showed the OTP~

Yeah, this was a pretty enjoyable series. Surprisingly deep once you get past the whole crossdreassing and make up lessons.

Every hint we get from tadokoro is that we have yet to see her level up. Maybe not this arc, though I still think the twist is that she gets in. Though marui kinda throws a spanner into the works, unless it's just the author trolling him again.
I am just really confident that she won't make make it...

her growth will be a slow one and not so rapid
Plot twist Yoshino scores 100 and Soma barely a 20.
She will also not make it... Being recommended into the tournament as an after thought cements this

People won't like it but it will happen... I also believe Alice will get 1st place it is too early for Soma to win it all out

Edit: I stick by my predictions. I might be wrong but I may also be right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom