• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
elDLIVE 2
BcC8X1nCYAA6LJO.png:large

Chuuta's faces are incredible and this chapter he seemed like a direct carbon copy of Tsuna, its like him except in a sci fi setting. If only we can trade off Sonokata for a Gokudera or something. Though Sonokata isnt terrible, at least shows improvement across series, where at least time the female main isnt stuck in a babysitting, laundry, cooking only role.

Theonik

Tokyo Akazukin 01-02
A deep social study into carnal desire and the shallowness of man.
It uses its fairytale source material to try and explore social issues from a variety of angles.
Art is a bit grotesque but it's at the same time reasonably well executed.
A good read if you are into this sort of thing I would guess.

Ace of Diamond 30 - 33

The game is nice for this great battery but Chris sempai's weakness seems like it will hold everyone down since there is really no easy solution for it at this point in time. Unless he can just keep playing a few innings and what not. Eijun may need to train with a second one at some point in time.

Assassination Classroom 70
BcDrPuuCUAArcpI.png

That went dark fast with the antidote destroyed and as usual the visuals are memorable, those scales even.

Nagisa looks rather frightening and if he really goes through with killing, this manga will rise, though I dont think he would.

Articalys

Heh, somehow I never realized before that Chitoge's actually trying to hurt Raku by pinching his arm in that vol1 cover art.

What an odd little detail to suddenly notice now.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm terrible with names but I'd like to thank the poster who recommended I read NATSU NO ZENJITSU. I think its my cup of tea :)

Grudy

Here's what I understood from a few tweets from the event. Take these with a grain of salt because I'm using google translate for this =P

1. Oda said a big player was going to show up this year, but due to changes(?), they did not appear yet. This year they will.

2. Big things will happen this year. (it says "big game" will happen so I'm assuming that's what it means)

3. He'll make titties larger
=O

smurfx

get some go again
Here's what I understood from a few tweets from the event. Take these with a grain of salt because I'm using google translate for this =P

1. Oda said a big player was going to show up this year, but due to changes(?), they did not appear yet. This year they will.

2. Big things will happen this year. (it says "big game" will happen so I'm assuming that's what it means)

=O
big player who didn't make it this year is probably kaidou.

Yonafunu

=O

Goda.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Pupa 10-11

Truly the purest form of love~

Mob Psycho 100 18

holy shit

HOLY SHIT

Golondrina 14

She's totally gonna end up hatefucking the new chick.

New Waves 140

Yeah these cliffhangers are really starting to piss me off, especially after a month long break. :/

IHaveIce

Banned

=O
1.kaido or the other new admiral
2.well the arc is already set up for something really big.
3.is this a joke? I hope it is only a joke

kiyomi

Esdese spinoff would be the best news possible.

If it was, what would they do with it? We've already seen a bit of her childhood and AgK Zero is also covering Akame's rise into Night Raid.

I would love an Esdese spinoff of some kind, though. Best girl for sure.

Akame ga Kiru 43

Kind of a nothing chapter, honestly. Do we know who burial girl is?

So Nami's boobs will be bigger than her Clima-tacts Oda? Because those things are huge and Nami's boobs are already around that size.

I hope stuff is translated. Want to hear from Kubo and Oda.

Lain

Saint Young Men volume 1
cP2.jpg

I didn't have high expectations about this. I mean, what could be funny about Jesus and Buddha?
Well, I've had to change my mind, it's quite funny to read, the misunderstandings, the troubles and basically all the interactions these 2 have in this manga end up being quite funny to watch.
Between Jesus being mistaken as a Yakuza and the son of a Boss and a bunch of drunks using Buddha's forehead's thing as a button, it was a pleasant read.

Daytime Shooting Star volume 1
dP2.jpg

Really, really pretty manga, with a cast of characters that I already like. Even Yuyuka Nekoda.
I appreciate Suzume's behavior and attitude. Seeing her slap Yuyuka because she's badmouthing Suzume's hometown and not because Yuyuka turned out to be despicable is a perfect example of what I love about Suzume.
The story looks to follow certain expected/predictable paths, but it seems to be a nice ride. Plus the art is quite good, so I'm ready to hop on.

My Balls volume 1
jP2.jpg

Kota or Ellis, I'm not sure who's the biggest loser between the two. Their misadventures are comedy gold.
There is no perfect plan that Ellis won't botch up one way or another while Kota is a master in getting into trouble. Even the way he manages to get that demon queen sealed into his balls speaks volumes about his ability to get himself into dangerous situations.

Kurita

How's the Italian translation of Saint Young Men, localization-wise?
Did they change references for the Italian readers? They did this in France, it's a bit annoying to be honest, but the editor wants it to be accessible so I get what they were going for...

Lain

How's the Italian translation of Saint Young Men, localization-wise?
Did they change references for the Italian readers? They did this in France, it's a bit annoying to be honest, but the editor wants it to be accessible so I get what they were going for...

Could you give me some example of that?

I didn't notice changes in the references, as there are various notes explaining certain jokes (like on the first page, when Buddha is telling the birds to go away and Jesus tells him "OK, you're the Buddha, so what?" and a note explaining how that's a play on words between Hottake and Hotake) or who certain famous people are and how it relates to what is being implied (one example would be when Buddha tells Jesus "Don't you think that me going to Asakusa would be like if Bae Yong Joon went to Sugamo?"), but maybe I didn't pay enough attention.

Kurita

Well, for that Asakusa joke we have "It'd be like Brad Pitt going to a supermarket on Saturday"....
Basically we have zero notes.

elDLIVE 2

Chuuta's faces are incredible and this chapter he seemed like a direct carbon copy of Tsuna, its like him except in a sci fi setting. If only we can trade off Sonokata for a Gokudera or something. Though Sonokata isnt terrible, at least shows improvement across series, where at least time the female main isnt stuck in a babysitting, laundry, cooking only role.
Hopefully this series gets more exposure. I think the first volume did okay an app based manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom