• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billion Dogs 03

A trash can is an effective weapon.

Spoof on Titan 03

Lewd carrots.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 03

Imouto lover.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 03

Just a little more and she'll be a yandere.

Schoolgirl Landlord Honoka 02

Even more stripping and fondling.

Girl and Car on the Beat 02

Still a pretty fun read.

ARAIDOKI 03

Still really enjoying this. I rather like the dialogue.

In a Heartbeat 02

Still adorable.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 04

Losing to an imouto.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 03

Haha, a ninja's love for Santa.

bjork

it's been 3-4 months since i last read any manga
did i miss out on anything big?

Worst ended and so now manga is boring. Though the last chapter introduces a new generation, so who knows if that's going to mean a third series or not.

Are You Alice? Vol.3

olHB8Ill.jpg

It's getting fairly interesting now they are really diving into the whole Wonderland stuff especially since what I most know about the story is whatever bits they threw into Kingdom Hearts 1, lol.

duckroll

Magi - Chapter 201-207

Decided to catch up again after letting it build up for a while. I dunno why they spent so many chapters on the stupid Alibaba girlfriend thing, but it was pretty funny, and hopefully it actually did advance the relationship between him and Mor instead of being forgotten in a few chapters time. :p

The other stuff is pretty damn good though. Magi is still a really enjoyable manga when it slows down and does what it always does best - allow characters to talk about themselves and about the nature of the world. The Yunan/Aladdin stuff feels like lame teaser crap just like all the other Aladdin stuff from the series, but the Balbadd stuff was really cool. It's nice to see Alibaba back, and the time taken to show how it has changed and what the assimilation by the Kou empire really means is a great way to remind everyone that the Balbadd arc wasn't forgotten after it ended, even after all the stuff that has happened. It's going to be really interesting to see how Alibaba decides to act in the near future.

I'm soooo glad the random beamspam crap is totally behind us now.

scy

AKB49 143 - ........................really.

AKB49 144-145 - I honestly don't remember her but I guess this officially starts the arc. Also, more girls falling for Minori~~~

Nisekoi 104 -

Kurita

Magi - Chapter 201-207

Decided to catch up again after letting it build up for a while. I dunno why they spent so many chapters on the stupid Alibaba girlfriend thing, but it was pretty funny, and hopefully it actually did advance the relationship between him and Mor instead of being forgotten in a few chapters time. :p

The other stuff is pretty damn good though. Magi is still a really enjoyable manga when it slows down and does what it always does best - allow characters to talk about themselves and about the nature of the world. The Yunan/Aladdin stuff feels like lame teaser crap just like all the other Aladdin stuff from the series, but the Balbadd stuff was really cool. It's nice to see Alibaba back, and the time taken to show how it has changed and what the assimilation by the Kou empire really means is a great way to remind everyone that the Balbadd arc wasn't forgotten after it ended, even after all the stuff that has happened. It's going to be really interesting to see how Alibaba decides to act in the near future.

I'm soooo glad the random beamspam crap is totally behind us now.
You should have made an avatar bet when you said that it was going to end soon.

upandaway

Hayate

Isn't there a Mahjong variation similar to this? It is pretty interesting.

Also for some reason, Hata only puts effort into his art when it's a character stripping.

Kurita

Since it's the holidays I finally have some time to read that big pile of manga that was standing next to my bed. Haven't bought a manga since October because of this...

Slam Dunk vol.5

I have to say that I'm quite impressed by the art so far, and I can't wait to see how gorgeous it'll become later.
Still pretty fun, I'm looking forward to the tournament with real threats though.

Conan-san

Hayate the Combat Buttler 434
Is this going anywhere at all? Can we have another Athena or similar arc? Anything to have things happen again?

LeleSocho

Banned
Hey you.

...yes you.

I want you to recommend me something.
Slice of life are ok.
Battle Shonen are ok.
Romance is ok.
Sports are ok i guess.
Shoujo are ok only if it's really really good.
Fanservice is a no-no unless the manga itself excels in other areas.

Suggest something even if it doesn't fit in the things previously mentioneded.
I have faith that you will make me read something good.

Hey you.

...yes you.

Slice of life are ok.
Battle Shonen are ok.
Romance is ok.
Sports are ok i guess.

Suggest something even if it doesn't fit in the things previous mentioneded.

Arms Peddler
Tonnura-san
Kingdom
Donyatsu
Akame ga Kill
Sanctuary

Tacitus_

Hey you.

...yes you.

Slice of life are ok.
Battle Shonen are ok.
Romance is ok.
Sports are ok i guess.

Black Lagoon

It's a seinen about a gang of pirates/smugglers working out of a fictional thai town called Roanapur.

One of my favorites.

upandaway

Hey you.

...yes you.

Slice of life are ok.
Battle Shonen are ok.
Romance is ok.
Sports are ok i guess.

I'll do one of each then
SoL: Yuri Mekuru Hibi
Battle shonen: Anagle Mole
Romance: Mel Kano
(except sports)
Shojo: Taiyou no Ie
Fanservice (that's not how recommendations work here lele, c'mon): Everyday Monster Girl
Something else: Suashi no Meteorite

Getenrou

Damn that tonal shift.... a scifi story that starts with low-key comedic tones with tons of puns, and slowly grows in a something much more serious.
Like a multiple murder thanks to a dark secret of artificial life, sex and tragedy

Kurita

Hey you.

...yes you.

Slice of life are ok.
Battle Shonen are ok.
Romance is ok.
Sports are ok i guess.

Space Brothers
I Am a Hero
Chihayafuru

dumbyugi

Hey you.

...yes you.

Slice of life are ok.
Battle Shonen are ok.
Romance is ok.
Sports are ok i guess.

SoL: Une histoire d'un amateur de friandises
Battle Shonen: Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Romance: Sayonara Piano Sonata
Something else: Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Battle shonen: Anagle Mole

This is probably one of the best battle shonen around. Thank God it's not on hiatus land anymore.

Also, just wanted to say that I love all these recommendations you guys keep doing, I always find something with that I haven't heard of. My "to read list" just keeps growing...

This is probably one of the best battle shonen around. Thank God it's not on hiatus land anymore.

Also, just wanted to say that I love all these recommendations you guys keep doing, I always find something with that I haven't heard of. My "to read list" just keeps growing...

but, Anagle Mole will end in Shônen Sunday, january 8.

Grudy

big player who didn't make it this year is probably kaidou.

I was actually thinking it could be the new Shichibukai. I always thought the warlords will have a huge impact on the story later on so him appearing soon makes sense to me. Kaidou does seem more likely though.

Edit: Could also be Vegapunk.

IHaveIce

Banned
I was actually thinking it could be the new Shichibukai. I always thought the warlords will have a huge impact on the story later on so him appearing soon makes sense to me. Kaidou does seem more likely though.

Edit: Could also be Vegapunk.

I don't think we will be seeing Vegapunk for a long time.

The new Shichibukai is also a good bet, though not that fitting for that arc.

I also would love a proper introduction of Dragon soon :( With more infos etc. I know Luffy doesn't care that much about the past, but I do.

Hayate the Combat Buttler 434
Is this going anywhere at all? Can we have another Athena or similar arc? Anything to have things happen again?

I doubt it unfortunately.

I think he did that thinking he could just go back to rubbish waifu fanservice chapters afterward only to realize everyone was pissed and wanted another Royal Garden arc where the series pretty much full shifts to battle manga. But he doesn't want to do the serious storylines consistently, thus we get the chapter "This is the sort of manga you're reading" to firmly reinforce it's a fanservicey comedy.

I'm out if the next arc doesn't deliver. If he didn't want people to like stuff like Royal Garden arc he should have never done it in the first place.

Grudy

I don't think we will be seeing Vegapunk for a long time.

The new Shichibukai is also a good bet, though not that fitting for that arc.

I also would love a proper introduction of Dragon soon :( With more infos etc. I know Luffy doesn't care that much about the past, but I do.

Ditto. Everything about Dragon is so mysterious from his power, his past, his army...etc (anyone else think he used to be a marine? I wonder what kind of relationship he had with Garp). And yeah Luffy doesn't give a squat about his dad :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom