• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 53
oL76Buy.png
Let me guess... mind break?

Mortemis

Banned
Soma 53

Slurping brains like it's nothing. This manga is still exciting, though it's moving far too slow. Speed these preliminaries up, I wanna see Soma's dish already.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soma 53

Slurping brains like it's nothing. This manga is still exciting, though it's moving far too slow. Speed these preliminaries up, I wanna see Soma's dish already.

Brains are the best parts of crustaceans.

Soooo delicious. Also where most of the flavour comes from.

Reading Dance till Tomorrow / Asatte Dance

The humor can be a bit hit and miss, but the relationship between the guy and the girl, the doubts between how much is love and how much is interest in the money and the mistery of the real origin of the girl is pretty well done.

Lots of sex in the story, as it's usual for the writer.

Shokugeki no Soma 53

LOL that transformation great chapter, honestly I don't mind if its 1 chapter per main character dish they've all been entertaining so far

dramatis

Bambino!

Bottom line: A satisfying, hearty Italian meal.

At the core, Bambino! is a coming of age story for a young man working his way up the culinary industry. While at some times the events strayed into shounen territory, I think the story and characterizations are quite solid and good overall. The main character, Ban Shougo, takes a long time to move beyond flaring temper and childish impulses, but he develops satisfactorily into a decent adult. The secondary characters are very solid and their stories supplement Ban's and the food.

Some problems pop up during the New York arc, and the ending is not exactly an ending. Still, I think the manga closes off the 'coming of age' quite well.

Sadly I did not learn a drop of Italian while reading this, but the manga certainly does give motivation to cook.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The ending of bambino wasn't an ending because it's not an ending. There's a sequel which just never got picked up. Which is a shame because it's 13 volumes and already completed.

Ezalc

The ending of bambino wasn't an ending because it's not an ending. There's a sequel which just never got picked up. Which is a shame because it's 13 volumes and already completed.

I will forever hate this fact. Bambino! is an amazing manga, and nobody did shit for the continuation with Secondo. Goddamn it.

Igo

What's the series where some girl arrives from another dimension and ends up leeching off this mafia dude while occasionally doing his dirty work.

Shokugeki no Soma

++++++ points to Alice's aid
Evil sadist man....
to bad my theory won't allow him to pass as one of the 4 finalist in this block

So to his question on "Who will surpass my score?"

...Um about 4 guys I guess :p
Soma

I'm all for over-the-top-ness but I'm pretty sure that Alice's aide didn't use Louis XIII Cognac as pictured as a cooking agent. (a bottle of Louis XIII is ~$2,200)
Money isn't a thing for the Nakiri's

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma

I'm all for over-the-top-ness but I'm pretty sure that Alice's aide didn't use Louis XIII Cognac as pictured as a cooking agent. (a bottle of Louis XIII is ~$2,200)

Yonafunu

Soma 53

The character switch when he puts on the bandana is ridiculous. It kills the character for me. Backstory was okay, a bit predictable though.

Nanatsu no Taizai 60

Good chapter, we got a lot of interesting stuff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Money isn't a thing for the Nakiri's

Yeah, but that's an insult to the Cognac. They'd have shitty palates if they thought that was a good trade-off. Then again, we're talking about people who give dishes an "F" for completely random, arbitrary reasons.

Yeah, but that's an insult to the Cognac. They'd have shitty palates if they thought that was a good trade-off. Then again, we're talking about people who give dishes an "F" for completely random, arbitrary reasons.

thus is the meaning of Shonen... one must just accept that

Nanatsu no Taizia 60

good constructive chapter

Shouta

Nakaba Suzuki is so good. He even made Fairy Tail seem interesting in his cross-over.

Also Nanatsu no Taizai, looks like our favorite squinty firestarter might kick the bucket soon.

Nakaba Suzuki is so good. He even made Fairy Tail seem interesting in his cross-over.

Also Nanatsu no Taizai, looks like our favorite squinty firestarter might kick the bucket soon.

Liked the art style for Natsu in that crossover of sorts. Tempted to read that just to see how massive attack scenes look at the hand of the artist.

Akame ga Kiru! 44

Okay, this guy creeps me out.

Hope he dies first before the other fodder looking characters. Maybe by Ran if the two of them are related in some way.

Kurome and Wave are a cute couple. They won't last long.

And Mein is not confessing until she dies in Tatsumi's arms.

dramatis

I know that it's supposed to lead into the sequel, but I still feel like the ending was quite abrupt.

Missed it earlier, but yes, Esdese best forever. Proof:

82B9b.jpg

ROFL, did Esdese draw that? I missed that in the chapters I read.

It's so weird seeing this series actually attempt to humanize crazy murderers, kinda like Kill Bill but to an even bigger extent.

Oh and Mein is so dead. The flags are everywhere. :(

Nordicus

Koi Neko 54

"She doesn't love you, you're being played"
"She doesn't have big hips nor breasts, she can't have healthy children"
"Why don't you date this girl instead?"
*points at Wakaba while Nao, poor girl, is right fucking there*
"You're popular, we can't have that since you'll end up like my son"
"You're coming back with me for retraining!"

Gramps. Sincerely. Fuck. You.

Kieli

Nanatsu no Taizai

Damn. Gowther is really spittin' that troof, lmao. I love their nonchalance regarding Melodias' stolen sword.

Akame ga Kiru!

Mein keeps raising those flags... Pretty soon, she'll have none left to raise. QQ

Shokugeki no Soma

This tournament is going to get ridiculous. When you have an aide getting 93...

Akame ga Kill Whatever-38

God damn this really picked up in the last few chapters. I feel like the art has really improved and it's not just "watch Tatsumi become a man/psychotic killer." It shines the most when multiple characters are doing something at the same time.

Also, considering there is a count down for the remaining members of Night Raid/Jaegers, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that not too many of them will survive to the end. Poor Mein ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom