• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaoni

Banned
7Seeds (vol 5~ - 22)
Pretty engrossing series, author definitely finds their way when introducing one last team over several volumes. Team Winter's introduction was just insufferable, so you need to push beyond that part to get steady. Art noticeably changes along the way, I actually ended up liking it quite a bit. I had to put the brakes on before I burn myself out and can't read another series (there's only 25~ volumes now anyway). Not sure if I'm supposed to hate humanity or not.

Mission! School 1- 10
nbiVZdE.png

pretty much sums up the series. Loaded with gags and cliches but it's stupid and silly fun. Fresh after finishing series like oyasumi pun pun.

Huh, that does give a compelling reason to read it.

7Seeds (vol 5~ - 22)
Pretty engrossing series, author definitely finds their way when introducing one last team over several volumes. Team Winter's introduction was just insufferable, so you need to push beyond that part to get steady. Art noticeably changes along the way, I actually ended up liking it quite a bit. I had to put the brakes on before I burn myself out and can't read another series (there's only 25~ volumes now anyway). Not sure if I'm supposed to hate humanity or not.

One of us. One of us.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iron Maiden 26

Dude is so obviously evil. How does he even know about her Iron thing?

Lirlond

Got to chapter 26 in 7 Seeds. This is my second time trying to read it. Coping a lot better with the super shojo art. I'm really liking it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Baby Steps

Eiichiro solves everyone's problems by beating them at tennis. So good.

FdK3gIE.jpg

Esdese4lyfe

Akame ga Kiru! 45

RIP Mein.

I will honor your memory and give you special best girl status (still below Esdese), for the limited time you have left to live. Also I won't call you Mine.

The clown needs to die. Like soon.

And Budou looks like a badass.

Akame ga Kill!

I can't tell if Mein is actually going to die or the author is making it so incredibly obvious that she'll end up surviving. Also lol at the incredible evilness of Wild Hunt. Mass-murder, rape, and pedophilia all in one chapter! The Jaegers at least have a little humanity left. Bet these guys have extra brutal deaths, especially the clown guy. Also betting Budou is single handedly going to annihilate the rebel army.

And smh at "Esdeath."

Heysoos

Akame ga Kill!

I can't tell if Mein is actually going to die or the author is making it so incredibly obvious that she'll end up surviving. Also lol at the incredible evilness of Wild Hunt. Mass-murder, rape, and pedophilia all in one chapter! The Jaegers at least have a little humanity left. Bet these guys have extra brutal deaths, especially the clown guy. Also betting Budou is single handedly going to annihilate the rebel army.

And smh at "Esdeath."

I really really hope so, but I doubt it. :(

No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular Vol.01

DVuceTgl.jpg

Only slightly less cringeworthy than the anime cause there are no voices to go with the characters.

Just slightly less.

Man I wish Akame ga Kill would drop the whole edgy act, it doesn't make it any better, just stupid.

This why the best chapters were the ones out in that desert town and the best villains are the jaegers, no unnecessary chapters showing how a bunch of poor innocent civilians were horribly murdered/raped/tortured. It makes the story hard to take seriously lol

Dresden

This why the best chapters were the ones out in that desert town and the best villains are the jaegers, no unnecessary chapters showing how a bunch of poor innocent civilians were horribly murdered/raped/tortured. It makes the story hard to take seriously lol

AgK is trash. Just gotta roll with it and talk about death flags and girls.

Would it still count if Tatsumi and Akame live to end, get married, and have a baby?

Named Mein.

You guys suck. Suck!!!

Akito

Hot Gimmick v1
I came into this knowing absolutely nothing and boy, that was a big mistake. The female MC is the personification of battered person syndrome. In order to keep a guy from telling anyone that her middle schooler sister might be pregnant, she happily endures any kind of verbal, physical and sexual abuse from him. And even after it turned out that her sister is not pregnant after all, she still complies with every of his demands cause ya know, no one can know that her sister was having sex either. It pissed me off to no end seeing the other guy, who seems pretty sweet and reliable, get constantly NTR'ed by the aforementioned jerkface and that only after one volume. I was on the verge of dropping this so I decided to take a look at some reviews to see whether things would get better:

The first guy Azusa (her best friend from when she was little) tried to have her gang raped, while it didn't happen because his manager saved her, she still sympathizes with him and what hes going through trying to help him. Call me weird but if a guy tried to have me gang raped i wouldn't want anything to do with him.
Yep, that's the guy I thought was at least decent.

ibs0U29Hm2g7Iv.gif

ipUT7GBgCblIq.gif

Vito

Banned
AgK is trash. Just gotta roll with it and talk about death flags and girls.

Well it's not like those scenes are the only things holding it back from becoming a critical masterpiece but they kinda go a step too far. Well, it'll sure be fun watching the anime thread when the kill count starts though.

I'm pretty sure the reactions will start in episode 1 considering the whole "seemingly innocent girl gets chopped in half by scissors" and "room full of rotting tortured corpses" thing.

UberTag

Hot Gimmick v1

I came into this knowing absolutely nothing and boy, that was a big mistake. The female MC is the personification of battered person syndrome. In order to keep a guy from telling anyone that her middle schooler sister might be pregnant, she happily endures any kind of verbal, physical and sexual abuse from him. And even after it turned out that her sister is not pregnant after all, she still complies with every of his demands cause ya know, no one can know that her sister was having sex either. It pissed me off to no end seeing the other guy, who seems pretty sweet and reliable, get constantly NTR'ed by the aforementioned jerkface and that only after one volume. I was on the verge of dropping this so I decided to take a look at some reviews to see whether things would get better:

The first guy Azusa (her best friend from when she was little) tried to have her gang raped, while it didn't happen because his manager saved her, she still sympathizes with him and what hes going through trying to help him. Call me weird but if a guy tried to have me gang raped i wouldn't want anything to do with him.
Yep, that's the guy I thought was at least decent.
You haven't even gotten to the best part yet.

The one guy in her life that doesn't abuse the hell out of her physically and psychologically is her brother who was raised with her but isn't ACTUALLY her brother because he was adopted and she doesn't discover this until later after he confesses his love for her because he wants her too. But she only concedes to his advances out of spite after the jerk who's blackmailed her into being his slave loses interest in her because she won't have sex with him.

Hot Gimmick is trashy smut all the way through. Run away while you can.

upandaway

Mein ga KILL

This abundance of death flags really might be a feint and she'll stay alive. At this point, that's the only thing that's keeping me going.

Still, even if it'll only be for one chapter, she won. I might be able to take it.

There is no death, only dese.

Akito

You haven't even gotten to the best part yet.

The one guy in her life that doesn't abuse the hell out of her physically and psychologically is her brother who was raised with her but isn't ACTUALLY her brother because he was adopted and she doesn't discover this until later after he confesses his love for her because he wants her too. But she only concedes to his advances out of spite after the jerk who's blackmailed her into being his slave loses interest in her because she won't have sex with him.

Hot Gimmick is trashy smut all the way through. Run away while you can.
I'm already gone lol
But man, when shoujo is bad, it's really bad, Rage Town is like a wellness weekend at a 5 star hotel compared to this.*

*hyperbole alert, I'm just having Last Friends flashbacks :(

Yonafunu

I should catch up with Akame Ga Kill, but I don't wanna. I'm at 22 or something. The first 15 chapters were doo-doo, the only reason I kept reading after that was Esdese. I like her. The rest is shit though.

Started buying the Toriko volumes man does the covers look gorgeous

Way better in person then when you view them online... very vibrant and the smooth feel of them

Sketchy art
much detail
so impressed

Sooo Goood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom