• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Naruto/Bleach F

As usual, these manga are garbage. I'm not even sure why I even waste my time reading both chapters when I get the same quality out of both (I should be reading one a week and skipping the other one).

Both are at their lowest when Kishi and Kubo make these filler chapters full of uninspired, boring fight sequences that no one who could possibly be interested in getting invested in quality manga would even remember too well (and this also applies to One Piece). When Kishi and Kubo try you get some of the coolest and engaging fights in shonen, but that's so rare that they only make up a small portion of the actual manga content. There isn't a real problem with filler fights ala Ichigo scrubs out some dude over a couple of panels, but when a filler fights occurs that lasts almost a volume worth of material like they do in Naruto and Bleach, it makes for very dull manga and the problem continues to persist today. I wonder what Kishi and Kubo even do in their spare time to think up this shit. Do they just have no idea how they're going to tell the story and have to make long periods of long and drawn out fights that aren't:

>Drawn well
>Exciting
>Paneled correctly
>Depicted right so it doesn't take five minutes out figure out what's going on (a punch/slash/kick should be easy to spot)

And that's Naruto and Bleach, pretty much the majority of the time. If I'm wrong that must be why the majority of people are constantly complaining about these manga even if they're huge fans? Like seriously, who gives a shit about anything going on right now? All of this has more or less been done before hundreds of times in these manga and was shit then, and is still shit now.

When I think of positive qualities about Naruto I think of very personal character arcs like Naruto and Gaara which aren't necessarily the greatest stories ever told but are a pretty solid foundation that doesn't rely on retcons to get anywhere nor is it long and drawn out. When I think of positive qualities about Bleach I think of cool characters getting in epic confrontations like Ichigo vs. Byakuya that has some really solid, iconic moments and solid backstory when it comes to Ichigo's heritage and his past. I doubt anyone really thinks, "Oh, I like Naruto and Bleach because 90% of the time there's fighting that doesn't progress the storyline in any form or fashion." They think of the GOOD qualities, and that's what Kishimoto and Kubo need to focus on and maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't get criticized as much as they do from both their fans and non-fans.

The most interesting thing from these two chapters is the bit of backstory in Naruto's chapter...which catapulted into a speech about accepting DESPAIR to be DEEP so everyone can defeat the bad guy. Great.

Naruto/Bleach F

As usual, these manga are garbage. I'm not even sure why I even waste my time reading both chapters when I get the same quality out of both (I should be reading one a week and skipping the other one).

Both are at their lowest when Kishi and Kubo make these filler chapters full of uninspired, boring fight sequences that no one who could possibly be interested in getting invested in quality manga would even remember too well (and this also applies to One Piece). When Kishi and Kubo try you get some of the coolest and engaging fights in shonen, but that's so rare that they only make up a small portion of the actual manga content. There isn't a real problem with filler fights ala Ichigo scrubs out some dude over a couple of panels, but when a filler fights occurs that lasts almost a volume worth of material like they do in Naruto and Bleach, it makes for very dull manga and the problem continues to persist today. I wonder what Kishi and Kubo even do in their spare time to think up this shit. Do they just have no idea how they're going to tell the story and have to make long periods of long and drawn out fights that aren't:

>Drawn well
>Exciting
>Paneled correctly
>Depicted right so it doesn't take five minutes out figure out what's going on (a punch/slash/kick should be easy to spot)

And that's Naruto and Bleach, pretty much the majority of the time. If I'm wrong that must be why the majority of people are constantly complaining about these manga even if they're huge fans? Like seriously, who gives a shit about anything going on right now? All of this has more or less been done before hundreds of times in these manga and was shit then, and is still shit now.

When I think of positive qualities about Naruto I think of very personal character arcs like Naruto and Gaara which aren't necessarily the greatest stories ever told but are a pretty solid foundation that doesn't rely on retcons to get anywhere nor is it long and drawn out. When I think of positive qualities about Bleach I think of cool characters getting in epic confrontations like Ichigo vs. Byakuya that has some really solid, iconic moments and solid backstory when it comes to Ichigo's heritage and his past. I doubt anyone really thinks, "Oh, I like Naruto and Bleach because 90% of the time there's fighting that doesn't progress the storyline in any form or fashion." They think of the GOOD qualities, and that's what Kishimoto and Kubo need to focus on and maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't get criticized as much as they do from both their fans and non-fans.

The most interesting thing from these two chapters is the bit of backstory in Naruto's chapter...which catapulted into a speech about accepting DESPAIR to be DEEP so everyone can defeat the bad guy. Great.
You're kidding yourself if you think the vast majority of us read naruto/bleach because they genuinely enjoy it. They've become too invested and just want to see how/where this train wreck ends.

Plus, Aizen is still alive in bleach. By default people want to see how he trolls the fuck out of these fools.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You're kidding yourself if you think the vast majority of us read naruto/bleach because they genuinely enjoy it. They've become too invested and just want to see how/where this train wreck ends.

Plus, Aizen is still alive in bleach. By default people want to see how he trolls the fuck out of these fools.

Heyy.... :(

T_____________T

Kubo still has it. Love his character designs, hopefully his next manga he lets his assistants do baxkgrounds. He jokingly said thats what he uses his assistans in Bleach for.

Genuinly enjoy Naruto. Only read One Piece just to see what the One Piece is truly is, when Sabo makes a glorious return, and waiting for Ace's revival. Bleach ended at arrancar saga ending...but only reading it for the sake of seeing Grimmjow return, and out of obligation to seeing it end.

LeleSocho

Banned
Do you want me to avatar quote myself?
Here, i'll do it for you
image.php

Eighth 18

If I had to draw up a list of characters who were suitable to teach sex ed, Dr Angela would basically be right at the bottom. Glad to see her return though. Might put this on hold for a while, since the length of the chapter breaks is making it hard to remember what's happening.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly how good is Shokugeki no Soma right now?

It is easily my favourite new series of the last year.

Fair and equal smut for all, great art, solid characters and a fun plot.

Crown it!

Haikyuu!!, Himedoll!!, and Shokugeki no Soma chapters back to back in the same morning...someones on a roll now...

Haikyuu!! 78
tumblr_mtqgpjulLS1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Classical reason for missing the exam marks but still it made it intense. Fully expecting the rankings to reach all time high now that laughing Kuroo even (such good laugh), and our favorite Kenma is back. Hope he didnt miss Hinata so much (why didnt they text each other as usual).

Aunt Tits 95
Let's see if the friend will actually get some

Fate/kalied 3rei
Well this guy is psychopathic. Also little girl is extremely tsundere

Himedoll!! 4

I feel bad for feeling no connection to anything thats going on, though the classic locker scene. I think Asuka will not be mad, most likely.

Shokugeki no Soma 41

I want more flashbacks to the early days of Polar Star. Soma's dad looks like great fun and they didnt say why he didnt graduate yet still became quite famous. Hilarious chapter.

Akito

Green Blood 28-31

So simple yet so effective stylistic choice, Luke has become quite badass after just 2 years. I laughed at the shot of their father being surrounded by all the bitches, it cannot get more stereotyped than that.

Toriko 251

Well I wasn't expecting the flashback to take this turn. Kind of wish they had finished the already flash back fight before heading here though.

Bleach 550
tumblr_mtqieqa3Cw1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Essentially how I was as the chapter progress. If he truly kills Hitsugaya, then Ill be conflicted, praise for doing something extremely risky in this final arc to finally make it feel serious...disappointment that it had to be Hitsugaya of all characters.

Tamanon

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma is the best manga running, IMO.

Guess we're finally going to see a battle that Souma will lose definitively.

Akito

Is it doing that badly?
Well, it places in the bottom of the ToC more often than not nowadays, the anime is long over and it caused no real boost to the manga sales. If it wasn't for the fact that the new series seem to tank hard, I would be seriously worried.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Because nobody, particularly Sasuke, has been shown to have the ability to just draw other people's chakra. It's a hand-wave at best, but really its just an asspull.

Unless we consider that the curse seal mark is exactly that. A foreign chakra reservoir embedded into your chakra circulatory system that you draw on to perform physical nature-chakra transformations. After building up that connection it's not totally unreasonable to think that Sasuke could do something similar with the source, especially when said source is sitting inside a pure Chakra susanoo mantle. I don't think it's necessarily fair to just describe it as "pulling" Juugo's chakra, either. He's likely volunteering it. And we have plenty of precedent for people sharing their own chakra with other people. Hell, Sasuke and Naruto just combined their chakra into a teamup attack a few chapters ago.

I enjoy them! They are fun, and my soul is not a dark and deadened nugget like the rest of ya'll.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, it places in the bottom of the ToC more often than not nowadays, the anime is long over and it caused no real boost to the manga sales. If it wasn't for the fact that the new series seem to tank hard, I would be seriously worried.

Hah, I guess the last serious arc proved to be a pretty bad idea.

Seems like it's getting back to what makes it good so far though.

Sekai Oni 1-2

Errrr.....

Ummm....

Q8AWMqk.gif

I didn't really need to see child rape to be so horrifically depicted.

The surrealness of the brutality of her life seems pretty fascinating, but man I hope it doesn't escalate from here. At least I hope the rapist-piece-of-shit uncle gets what he deserves the next chapter.

Genuinly enjoy Naruto. Only read One Piece just to see what the One Piece is truly is, when Sabo makes a glorious return, and waiting for Ace's revival. Bleach ended at arrancar saga ending...but only reading it for the sake of seeing Grimmjow return, and out of obligation to seeing it end.

Huh? What makes you think that'll happen?

daveo42

Banned

Huh? What makes you think that'll happen?

Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I mean Ace is dead and buried. He ain't coming back unless there happens to me more flashbacks. Sabo, on the other hand...

Also, I feel the opposite about Naruto and One Piece. I'm excited for each new OP chapter, even if they get a bit slow in the middle of the arc. Naruto has been pretty good, but as we are in the home stretch here, it's mainly been nothing but insane power ups and tying up loose ends.

We all pretty much know how Naruto will end too. Prolonged battle with Sasuke and then Naruto either dying or becoming hokage, with love and peace in the ninja world.

Beelzebub - 223

I guess Oga's sister is going to be fighting now. This chapter really showed where Beelzebub shines, in it's comedy. Furuicchi never fails.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma is the best manga running, IMO.

Guess we're finally going to see a battle that Souma will lose definitively.

I expect him to lose quite a bit going forward so long as the stakes aren't being expelled (which instantly makes a food battle predictable since everyone relevant will win).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I expect him to lose quite a bit going forward so long as the stakes aren't being expelled (which instantly makes a food battle predictable since everyone relevant will win).

Pretty much. We know he'll succeed in the end but you want a bit of tension that maybe he'll lose.

I always think back to Hajime No Ippo in its glory years. I remember being so devastated when Ippo lost to Date because I didn't expect it. I knew he was eventually gonna be the champ and I figured he'd beat out Date...

Acid08

Banned
Soma 41

This manga is so good. Great art, perfectly paced, and super likable characters. Souma's dad is awesome and I'm glad that Souma himself is just a great dude. The least annoying protag ever.

I know it's a long shot but I wonder if it'll ever get released in English, would love to own physical copies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto/Bleach F

>Drawn well
>Exciting
>Paneled correctly

Why can't you just tell us about how you feel without trying to tell us how you believe everyone else feels about it

Soma 41

This manga is so good. Great art, perfectly paced, and super likable characters. Souma's dad is awesome and I'm glad that Souma himself is just a great dude. The least annoying protag ever.

I know it's a long shot but I wonder if it'll ever get released in English, would love to own physical copies.
Never. The manga market will never recover here. Better learn another language to support the mangaka brah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom