• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Bazz-B's flames are stronger than Yamamoto's then he better be able to destroy Hitsugaya.

I want to see some captains killed. Though Hitsugaya is probably safe because of his fangirls...

"Bazz-B" is the most terrible fucking name ever other than every other Sternritter

scy

I wouldn't say that.

Aren't there still some unnamed? I have faith in Kubo outdoing himself.

Edit: Yamada 76 - Hey, things might progress.

Yamada 77 - Cockblocked by the Student Coun--

oh god poor Odagiri

Quite a few manga for today, let's see...

Gintama

Laughed my ass off. I want to go watch Castle in the Sky now.

Assassination Classroom

Too soon for Koro-sensei to be killed off now. I wonder how he'll survive this one.

Naruto

Everyone else has covered how awful this chapter was, so I'll just leave this with "Sasukeh!!!"

Bleach

who cares

I see Kubo can't stop drawing characters with Aizen faces

One Piece

Loved it. Great representation of everything that's going on (I feel it's been a bit unbalanced up to this point). The Cavendish and Brook scenes were by far my favorite (the loudspeaker, haha).

You should read School Rumble as a palate cleanser.
ih5YwU35u5LiW.gif

How is Negima Salt inducing?
The huge build-up leading to a an abrupt- and thus disappointing - ending, because the author wanted to make a point against changes in how manga copyright would be handled

Yamada 76 - 77
G8ngi6Z.jpg

What's that side glance for Yamada ?

Also, Odagiri's face in the last page = HNNNNNNNNNNGG

bryanee

I have a question about Naruto that some of might be able to answer. Will this whole Ninja War be the last story or will there be some other arc after the war is over?

Akito

Evangelion Comic Tribute
iEkgXOFIf6Kuf.jpg

"Overmerchandised"
Seems legit.

A great collection of parody stories, which poke fun at every Evangelion stereotype there is. Most of them are slightly to very amusing and there are also plenty of boobs, boobs and even more boobs. Did I mention boobs?

Evangelion Comic Tribute
http://i.minus.com/iEkgXOFIf6Kuf.jpg[/IG]
"Overmerchandised"
Seems legit.

A great collection of parody stories, which poke fun at every Evangelion stereotype there is. Most of them are slightly to very amusing and there are also plenty of [url=http://i.minus.com/iPC17FNATRdUr.jpg]boobs[/url], [url=http://i.minus.com/iNORkov424zij.jpg]boobs[/url] and even more [url=http://i.minus.com/ibb1GzLudM8s8l.jpg]boobs[/url]. Did I mention [url=http://i.minus.com/ibxy7uDaZ2H2hF.jpg]boobs[/url]?[/QUOTE]

Was the most hilarious piece of eva things I bought, should reread it in a few weeks. Shinji quite good throughout, kaworu too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wouldn't say that.

Aren't there still some unnamed? I have faith in Kubo outdoing himself.

Edit: Yamada 76 - Hey, things might progress.

Yamada 77 - Cockblocked by the Student Coun--

oh god poor Odagiri

Poor Ushio, more like. Dude hates Yamada and betrays him becuase he's in love with Odagiri, who just uses him and then immediately gets a thing for Yamada.

Angry Grimace

I have to say that I think Odagiri being into Yamada seems like a contrivance. She certainly didn't seem super into him from my recollection. Noa has a little girl crush on him and Sarushima is kind of a flirt, but for the most part out of the Special People Club only Shiraishi seemed actually into him.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings September 16th - September 22nd

01. Magi #18 (311,414)
02. Magi Sinbad no Bouken #1 (145,212)
03. Skip Beat! #33 (132,490)
04. Chihayafuru #22 (128,385 / 278,798)
05. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai #23 (105,847)
06. Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi #53 (70,944)
07. Naruto #66 (70,037 / 921,506)
08. Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo #9 (69,183)
09. Ballroom e Youkoso #5 (68,323)
10. L♥DK #13 (62,327 / 122,511)
11. Hayate no Gotoku! #38 (61,688)
12. Gakuen Alice #31 (60,921)
13. Hayate no Gotoku! Limited Edition #38 (56,387)
14. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso #7 (48,420)
15. Rin #3 (48,230)
16. Code:Breaker #26 (46,209)
17. Bakaramon #8 (43,580)
18. Tenshi 1/2 Houteishiki #4 (42,440)
19. Boku o Tsutsumu Tsuki no Hikari -Boku Tama Jisedai-hen- #13 (41,530)
20. Yume no Shizuku, Kin no Torikago #4 (40,433 / 150,325)
21. Fantasista Stella #4 (40,311)
22. Kyou no Kira-kun #6 (39,319 / 78,396)
23. Shingeki no Kyojin #1 (36,022 / 2,194,756)
24. Be Blues!~Ao ni Nare~ #11 (35,490)
25. Gin Gitsune #9 (35,102)
26. Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome #7 (34,592)
27. Shingeki no Kyojin #2 (34,026 / 2,133,549)
28. Watashi ga Motenai no wa dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! #5 (33,288)
29. Shingeki no Kyojin #9 (33,198 / 1,775,904)
30. Shingeki no Kyojin #3 (32,690 / 2,079,592)
31. Shingeki no Kyoijn #8 (32,433 / 1,802,750)
32. Saint☆Oniisan #9 (31,825 / 632,689)
33. Shingeki no Kyojin #4 (31,637 / 1,953,322)
34. Sakura no Hana no Koucha Ouji #1 (31,604)
35. Shingeki no Kyojin #5 (31,018 / 1,917,735)
36. Shingeki no Kyojin #6 (30,549 / 1,876,676)
37. Shingeki no Kyojin #7 (30,148 / 1,803,332)
38. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (29,965 / 1,744,015)
39. Shin Tennis no Oujisama #11 (29,096 / 253,784)
40. Gintama #51 (28,940 / 307,639)
41. Kuroshitsuji #17 (25,090 / 520,405)
42. Kyoukai no Rinne #18 (25,022)
43. One Piece #71 (24,963 / 2,758,456)
44. Days #2 (24,745)
45. Itoshi no Muuko #4 (24,181)
46. Btooom! #12 (24,116 / 105,620)
47. Shingeki no Kyojin #11 (24,055 / 1,282,218)
48. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Guidebook (22,956)
49. Shokugeki no Souma #4 (22,773 / 252,975)
50. Taiyou no Ie #9 (22,765 / 44,131)

Oricon Comic Rankings September 16th - September 22nd

08. Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo #9 (69,183)
49. Shokugeki no Souma #4 (22,773 / 252,975)

The comments in the chapters made it sound like Yamada was selling like nobody's business...

Guess Soma has found its place in the >250K club. I think that means its at least >375K for the other volumes (saw one say 1.5mln for four volumes).

scy

I have to say that I think Odagiri being into Yamada seems like a contrivance. She certainly didn't seem super into him from my recollection. Noa has a little girl crush on him and Sarushima is kind of a flirt, but for the most part out of the Special People Club only Shiraishi seemed actually into him.

All the more reason for Archer girl!

Naruto
Kishi at it again

Bleach
Kubo at it again

Holy fucking shit Kishimoto.

WE GET IT. Naruto and Sasuke parrallel Hashi and Faildara.

Anyone who didn't realize that was a fucking moron. You don't have to spell shit out for us like we're stupid

Next chapter, Sasuke and Naruto childhood flashbacks!

Card Boy

Banned
Oh my god Jojo of the North Star becomes even godiler after the Ken-oh(Roah)/Toki fight. I'm now up to around vol 21 where its set like 10 years after Ken-Ohs reign and Kenshiro is in the demon land across the sea and that Hokuto Ryuken user Shachi is.

Gambling Emperor Zero 2 79

Is there seriously another whole volume of this nonsense? This series was supposed to be about tense gambling and shit, not some old kidnapped guy making the most convoluted puzzle of all time.

Apath

So not only was Sasuke's cursed seal derived from sage/natural energy, but Sasuke also knew and was capable of combining it naturally with his sharingan bullshit? Yeah, okay. Nice ass-pull.

Aizo

Banned
Oh my god Jojo of the North Star becomes even godiler after the Ken-oh(Roah)/Toki fight. I'm now up to around vol 21 where its set like 10 years after Ken-Ohs reign and Kenshiro is in the demon land across the sea and that Hokuto Ryuken user Shachi is.

Hokuto no Ken predates JoJo by several years. JoJo pays homage to Hokuto no Ken quite a bit. If anything, you should call JoJo "Kenshiro's Bizarre Adventure," I think.

How do you like the current arc? Personally, I found the beginning of Hokuto no Ken a bit tiring, and I really enjoyed seeing Kenshiro's history fleshed out. Apparently, a lot of people don't like the last third of the manga.

Card Boy

Banned
Hokuto no Ken predates JoJo by several years. JoJo pays homage to Hokuto no Ken quite a bit. If anything, you should call JoJo "Kenshiro's Bizarre Adventure," I think.

How do you like the current arc? Personally, I found the beginning of Hokuto no Ken a bit tiring, and I really enjoyed seeing Kenshiro's history fleshed out. Apparently, a lot of people don't like the last third of the manga.

Yeah i know FoTNS came out first :)

At the start i thought it was gonna be something brainless like Ken going to a bunch of random areas and beating the shit of people, then as you said once Kenshiros backstory gets more fleshed out the manga becomes way more enjoyable. It makes me sad they keep killing of all the good characters such as
Rei, Toki, Ein, Shu and Fudo. Even Falco was starting to grow on me.

You can see inspiration Jojos Part 1s & 2 took from FoTNS such as Johnathan looking exactly Kenshiro, Shin looking like Dio, the Hokuto Shinken being sharing some similarities to the ripple, the Ora Ora, the respiration techniques the Hokuto Shinken has.

I love it so far.

I need to get my hands of that Live Action movie with Malcolm McDowell, it looks so cheesy i might enjoy it.

Odagiri being into Yamada was hinted at forever ago.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto

What part of Sasuke's powerup was "bullshit," exactly? It was pretty explicitly explained, and no elements were inconsistent.

- The curse seal is derived from Juugo, thanks to his time "dying" in that barrel Sasuke has established a compatibility between himself and the curse seal, it is not unreasonable to think that Sasuke could draw on that chakra when he envelops its source in his own chakra. The compatibility was more directly foreshadowed when Juugo healed Sasuke's mortal wound from Killer Bee, they even used the exact same explanation.

- Juugo's tribe has been long established as a natural sage chakra conduit. It's why from day 1 he's been able to communicate with animals, and his natural absorption of it contributes to why he periodically goes out of control.

Is it "bullshit" just because "oh now out of nowhere Sasuke has Naruto's special ability" and people don't think he earned it? That might be fair, sure. Though Sasuke chose the members of Hebi/Taka for reasons like these, I am sure. But posts like "It makes no fucking sense he can just randomly draw Juugo's chakra" and "what we know about Juugo's powers don't even mesh with what we were told about sage chakra" are just flat out not true. At least be productive with your arguments, people.

Angry Grimace

Odagiri being into Yamada was hinted at forever ago.

The same way its been hinted everyone's into Yamada. None of them seriously.

Naruto

What part of Sasuke's powerup was "bullshit," exactly? It was pretty explicitly explained, and no elements were inconsistent.

- The curse seal is derived from Juugo, thanks to his time "dying" in that barrel Sasuke has established a compatibility between himself and the curse seal, it is not unreasonable to think that Sasuke could draw on that chakra when he envelops its source in his own chakra. The compatibility was more directly foreshadowed when Juugo healed Sasuke's mortal wound from Killer Bee, they even used the exact same explanation.

- Juugo's tribe has been long established as a natural sage chakra conduit. It's why from day 1 he's been able to communicate with animals, and his natural absorption of it contributes to why he periodically goes out of control.

Is it "bullshit" just because "oh now out of nowhere Sasuke has Naruto's special ability" and people don't think he earned it? That might be fair, sure. Though Sasuke chose the members of Hebi/Taka for reasons like these, I am sure. But posts like "It makes no fucking sense he can just randomly draw Juugo's chakra" and "what we know about Juugo's powers don't even mesh with what we were told about sage chakra" are just flat out not true. At least be productive with your arguments, people.

Because nobody, particularly Sasuke, has been shown to have the ability to just draw other people's chakra. It's a hand-wave at best, but really its just an asspull.

B.O.O.M

Toriko 251

It's really great to see and learn more about Accacia.

Tower of God 81

Author as always is good with these battle rules. Can't wait to see Baam vs Mad Dog

IHaveIce

Banned
No it was hinted. Back then when Yamada had her under her own spell she was forxed to love him, after being released from the spell we got a hint she still likes him mire than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom