• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

They're pretty recognizable if you're reading the one version you'd know them. Despite the crappy art One has some pretty distinctive character designs.

Also tornado and blizzard has been in a side chapter.
Which I don't but are now tempted to do because things are looking really interesting now.

Also Yotsuba of all manga doesn't sell in Italy? That's nuts.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which I don't but are now tempted to do because things are looking really interesting now.

It's still really good. The murata version mostly uses it as a storyboard anyway, down how it looks in the panels. For how shitty the art style is One is really good at framing the action.

Also at the rate he's going murata will catch up to the current chapter in like 3 years. :(

Dont really think there is much interest in anyone in the US for Silver Spoon property, not like the anime was much well received, talked about, or mentioned much and will most likely get a dvd sub only release...

Though viz is announcing stuff at nycc...could they be manga...
I would be very happy if we got at least two series I was interested in.

And Kodansha needs to get on top of UQ Holder when the first volume releaesThere is no reason that it shouldn't be released in a reasonable time after it comes out in Japan.

a5179e3562d3384f4dea8d34f52a06ef.jpg

Thanks.

daoster

OnePunch Man
Nice, cool to finally see the S Class Heroes done Murata style! Can't wait to see some more King antics, haha.

Why is the OnePunch man (One) taking so long before chapters? :( ::(

Akito

It's still really good. The murata version mostly uses it as a storyboard anyway, down how it looks in the panels. For how shitty the art style is One is really good at framing the action.

Also at the rate he's going murata will catch up to the current chapter in like 3 years. :(
I don't have a problem with ONE's art as I'm reading and loving Makai Ossan but Murata's art is just so good. Does he still release new chapters on a regular basis?

It didn't help the price that for the times was quite high (5,50€ which is now pretty much the norm) at least it was high quality print compared to the others.
We're paying 6,50€ and more for a volume oder here D:

Antiwhippy

I don't have a problem with ONE's art as I'm reading and loving Makai Ossan but Murata's art is just so good. Does he still release new chapters on a regular basis?

You mean the raws?

Last update was like 2 months ago. :(

Every chapter has been translated though.

Wiseblade

We're paying 6,50€ and more for a volume oder here D:
Pfft, try £7 a volume.

Conan-san

Zettai Karen Children 360
Oh my god, why are you so good, ZKC?! Why do I finish you in five minutes and wait a whole seven days for the next one?!

Kurita

That's exactly why i stopped buying stuff that i don't know or haven't read and liked...

Hell 5-6 years ago the standard for a tankobon was 3,50€/4,00€ with nowadays prices you can buy half of the stuff for the same money and the paper/print quality is still the same.
4€ whaaaaat
We never got volumes this cheap here.

LeleSocho

Banned
Now you are making me look like a cheap old dude that doesn't want to spend moneys on manga ;__;

trust me guys, 5€ is a lot ;__;

guys ;__;

Thanks to our shitty currency, tankoubons are at least RM40 here. To put it in perspective, a regular sized Mcvalue meal is RM12. I still buy them when I can.

Mr. Fix

But he's the best
AND WHY AREN'T YOU READING IT

I read through the first chapter. It was nice, but I went in thinking it'd be somewhat serious(I don't know if it actually is). It was good for a laugh, but if he's just FGTone-shotting everything then I'm not sure if I should bother. Also I know it's manga, but goddamn that main character looks flat.

It's the same reason why I dropped HSOD (didn't think it'd be borderline-hentai) and Attack on Titan (building up Eren only to cop out and make him
a fucking titan
).

Antiwhippy

It's kind of the point. Kind of a parody of all the super good looking MCs out there.

They actually explore his OPness (*rimshot*) in a pretty interesting way.

Mr. Fix

It's kind of the point. Kind of a parody of all the super good looking MCs out there.

They actually explore his OPness (*rimshot*) in a pretty interesting way.

Yeah, it was diving in with different expectations for me. Also the same reason why I hated Cabin in the Woods.

R.I.P

Beelzebub

This manga is actually really fun when the focus is not on battles.
Also, Misaki is awesome.

Toriko

Dem power levels.

OPM 29

Most of the S-class heroes look really cool, can't wait for next chapter.

Lain

Now you are making me look like a cheap old dude that doesn't want to spend moneys on manga ;__;

trust me guys, 5€ is a lot ;__;

guys ;__;

At least Star Comics still manages to put out some cheap volumes for 3.90/4.20€ (which with the various discounts come out even lower). That really helps with how much shit I grab monthly.

LeleSocho

Banned
At least Star Comics still manages to put out some cheap volumes for 3.90/4.20€ (which with the various discounts come out even lower). That really helps with how much shit I grab monthly.

Yeah Star Comics is the only one that keeps acceptable prices, fuck Panini.

I read through the first chapter. It was nice, but I went in thinking it'd be somewhat serious(I don't know if it actually is). It was good for a laugh, but if he's just FGTone-shotting everything then I'm not sure if I should bother. Also I know it's manga, but goddamn that main character looks flat.

It's the same reason why I dropped HSOD (didn't think it'd be borderline-hentai) and Attack on Titan (building up Eren only to cop out and make him
a fucking titan
).

I felt the same way about it before, but I think everyone else who fights is where the real action is. While the protag is there for the comedic parts of the fights. It's kinda weird looking at it this way but it's kinda like the support characters bring the action and fighting, while the protag brings the comedy and story.

mhs004

One punch man is my second favorite manga right now behind Toriko. I very rarely laugh at manga but it makes me laugh at least once a chapter plus the art is crazy. I would recommend it to anyone manga fans or not.

Zettai Karen Children 360
A whole lot of nothing

Sankarea 42
A well constructed trick. and build-up to maybe ending the amnesia. I am starting to loathe amnesia now

Aizo

Banned
Link please.

OPM 29

All those S class heroes look awesome.

One Piece

This is getting good. Sanji vs Dofla will be the real first tough battle for the Strawhats.

Hmm. I only found small ones online, so I just uploaded mine. I imagine the original is larger, so if anyone knows where to find a bigger one, let me know. Colossal, view image on this one. It's larger than the one posted above.
I just set my background to white, and center this. It looks pretty good, I think.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you quoting me.

She's some weirdo girl that used to study with me. I never attended but a good friend of mine used to be her neighbour. Basically, she'd organize a house party where people would meet up to simulate having sex with the floor in front of the others. Solo, with clothes on but moaning and all that jazz. That friend and two girls I used to hang out with unknowingly attended such a floor fucking party which is how I found out.

These were people studying medicine, law etc., age 20 and above. I dunno, I just found it extremely weird.

It is extremely weird... Studying in those fields must be tough, though, so one needs an outlet for their stress!
Are you one of the lawmen of ManGAF?

bigkrev

Magi vol 1
51UgRrE8hmL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So after seeing terrible scans, I figured the volume versions would need to be better if there was any chance of me reading this. Thankfully, Viz has the first volume on sale digitally... but getting to it is a fucking hassle. You can't just buy it- you first need to download a sample (the first chapter), and when you finish that, it asks if you want to pay money for the full version. As I liked the first chapter a lot, I clicked the buy button... which then proceed to download a different file, that started back at page one instead of continuing from where I finished. Love how they make it difficult to give them money! Making it impossible to just impulse buy something randomly seems like really smart business decision.

The art is greatly improved in the volume version, which is great, and the story/world/characters are all interesting, which lead to me breezing through the whole book in about 20 minutes.

Will probably continue to read

Magi vol 1
51UgRrE8hmL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So after seeing terrible scans, I figured the volume versions would need to be better if there was any chance of me reading this. Thankfully, Viz has the first volume on sale digitally... but getting to it is a fucking hassle. You can't just buy it- you first need to download a sample (the first chapter), and when you finish that, it asks if you want to pay money for the full version. As I liked the first chapter a lot, I clicked the buy button... which then proceed to download a different file, that started back at page one instead of continuing from where I finished. Love how they make it difficult to give them money! Making it impossible to just impulse buy something randomly seems like really smart business decision.

The art is greatly improved in the volume version, which is great, and the story/world/characters are all interesting, which lead to me breezing through the whole book in about 20 minutes.

Will probably continue to read

You're in for a treat Magi just gets better and better

Kieli

Magi vol 1

I seriously can't wait until I get my copy. D:

Is it normal for mangaka to clean up or improve their art for the tankouban aside from cases like Hunter X Hunter chicken scratchings?

I seriously can't wait until I get my copy. D:

Is it normal for mangaka to clean up or improve their art for the tankouban aside from cases like Hunter X Hunter chicken scratchings?

Yes...mashima consistently comments about this in fairy tail volumes, and sometimes the jump writers mention it (i think most recent was world trigger writter saying tons of fixes in the volumes...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom