• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even mind. A is fine too.

It really depends on the rest of the body. Sadly A cups often come with emaciated bodies which I find very unattractive (although I've seen some good A's, especially in combination with great bums). Shape (and not size) is usually more important either way, IMO.

Ultimately all the "theory" flies out of the window if you find the right one either way :)

Marco mentioned that Blackbeard is unique in the same chapter. If anyone else tries to possess two Devil Fruit powers, they'll still die. But how is an antagonist becoming more powerful an example of a third party coming to the rescue of the main characters in an unsolvable predicament?

How convenient! Something unprecedented that contradicts everything that has been stated in the manga without any explanation, and this weak explanation is all you got for the defense. So funny.

It's the culmination and the end of the arc, it's the fucking point of all this Marineford and the end of the Age.
We've got plenty of hints of something huge coming from BB in the arc just before this one.
It all lead to this.
That's why it's satisfying.
If Kubo was writting OP it would have been the will of the DF or something Vegapunk devised on the spot and you would be saying how it was the best thing ever.

Culmination of the arc? That´s your explanation? That´s a baseless weak explanation that does not explain a damn thing about this DEM.

I still don't even see what unsolvable predicament that even solved to begin with!
BB was not in any danger before coming and taking the DF to begin with.
It's not even a Diabolus Ex Machina or anythign tvtropes would care to name.

BB was trashed by WB, don´t even get me started on how the WG let BB get the DF without doing anything to stop him, not to mention that they let him get away and attacked Luffy instead, even though BB was definitely the bigger threat.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Lol, you are saying that an established thing is DEM, and something that came out of no where is not. What a joke. It´s you who is showing cognitive dissonance, but whatever.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but what the fuck.

You are completely missing the point of a DEM. Urahara being "established" is absolutely fucking irrelevant, no matter how many times you self-satisfyingly bring it up. A character known for solving problems by appearing out of the blue with a panacea is a walking-talking DEM no matter how many times he does it. Imagine a manga where literal God shows up at the climaxes of arcs and undoes everyone's problems. Maybe you see a panel of him halfway through each arc saying "hm, I'll look into this," then everyone gets fucked up and they're all about to lose, and he shows up and says "hey dudes, here, let me undo whatever your problem is." You'd come to expect it over time because it keeps happening, but any coherent storytelling involves struggling and overcoming problems, not having them negated by a higher power. You might expect it as a reader, but the plot doesn't expect it. Those half-dead shinigami sure weren't expecting it. A story is written to convey the overcoming of obstacles, and when they are abruptly negated instead of overcome, the plot has been affected by a DEM.

Let's paste your definition again:

a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object

Note the OR in that sentence. No, Urahara is not unexpected or new. He was hinted at working on something, on figuring out the situation, on maybe formulating a strategy. But the object he brought with him is both unexpected and new. That object's ability is both unexpected and new, even if an explanation for why it works establishes a connection to previous events after the fact. Arguably (but I won't argue it since I know your retort) the teleporting of the pills is unexpected or new. I'd personally say that him providing a pill instead of a strategy was unexpected. And more than anything, his arrival at the exact moment Hitsugaya was about to lose was both contrived and unexpected. This is more than enough to qualify. As generally the bearer of "some unexpected or new ability and/or object," I'd say that he inherits the DEM for himself. "Whoop, Urahara's here, time for him to DEM the situation into oblivion." It's almost his defining character trait.

You can't just say that because someone DEM's all the time, he's not a DEM.

AND, as for Blackbeard in One Piece, that's not a DEM because it didn't resolve anything. Yes, it was unexpected and new, but you are missing the most important element of a DEM. It's the resolution. Blackbeard getting that fruit didn't change the war, Shanks was like "get outta here you dick" and Blackbeard left. Hell, Shanks' arrival was closer to a DEM than anything.

Mael

Culmination of the arc? That´s your explanation? That´s a baseless weak explanation that does not explain a damn thing about this DEM.

An event having no explanation is not a DEM.
WB was already dying when BB took his fruit so that event didn't even help BB in the slightest.
Heck that's why Teach is even in this part of the world at the time to begin with : to kill WB.

BB was trashed by WB, don´t even get me started on how the WG let BB get the DF without doing anything to stop him, not to mention that they let him get away and attacked Luffy instead, even though BB was definitely the bigger threat.

Did you even read the chapters or were you just not paying attention?
What makes you think they could get back at BB a Shichibukai at the time who was fighting their biggest threat WB?
And when BB relinquished its title what makes you think they could get him to begin with?

It's really frustrating to argue about something with someone who can't even grasp a concept. It's why I don't discuss literature or film with my science friends, science and technology with my arts friends and politics with anyone.

Mael

It's really frustrating to argue about something with someone who can't even grasp a concept. It's why I don't discuss literature or film with my science friends, science and technology with my arts friends and politics with anyone.

Actually you should be able to discuss film and literature with your science friends if they have any curiosity...
I mean if they can handle concepts they should be able to make do with definitions of concepts after all.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh beam forced the discussion to One Piece, because he couldn't discuss it being bad in Bleach.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT.

Oh right everyone. Damn like discussing with a kid

Oh beam forced the discussion to One Piece, because he couldn't discuss it being bad in Bleach.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT.

Oh right everyone. Damn like discussing with a kid

Yeah this is pathetic, to defend something he goes to point faults on others that have anything to do with what is being discussed.

But you people like listening to him lol.

I have to say, I'm a bit relieved to see that WednesdayGAF still includes the entire week.

Never change, official NeoGAF thread for people who like to read (mostly) Japanese comics (closed on Wednesdays)™. Never change.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Its ridiculous how hostile it gets in here same time every week. Forgot I need to avoid here until the weekends.

I have to say, I'm a bit relieved to see that WednesdayGAF still includes the entire week.

Never change, official NeoGAF thread for people who like to read (mostly) Japanese comics (closed on Wednesdays)™. Never change.

Wednesday never dies.

HSDK 542

Welp just as I expected. Time to Kenichi save his harem member.

We still arguing about Bleach? Shit.

Urahara solved the problem. Like we expected. It was an asspull. Not an asspull without precedence, but it's an asspull nonetheless.

Regardless, I give zero fucks, seeing as how boss Urahara is.

Now....

I WANT MOAR TITS!

Aizo

Banned
Nisekoi
I thought Haru just had a horrible haircut, but it's the way she ties it up in the back?
She's an idiot.
Hey, Haru, what happened in this chapter?
image.php

Actually you should be able to discuss film and literature with your science friends if they have any curiosity...
I mean if they can handle concepts they should be able to make do with definitions of concepts after all.

This is purely anecdotal but most of my med school and engineering (or other weird sciences like geography) friends have a very basic understanding of narrative fiction and are often unable to recognize various concepts in a text. I mean, it's hard to discuss a book in depth with someone who isn't familiar with focalization or narrative levels ("the author is a racist!").

I might have to spread Thug Notes among my friends.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but what the fuck.

You are completely missing the point of a DEM. Urahara being "established" is absolutely fucking irrelevant, no matter how many times you self-satisfyingly bring it up. A character known for solving problems by appearing out of the blue with a panacea is a walking-talking DEM no matter how many times he does it. Imagine a manga where literal God shows up at the climaxes of arcs and undoes everyone's problems. Maybe you see a panel of him halfway through each arc saying "hm, I'll look into this," then everyone gets fucked up and they're all about to lose, and he shows up and says "hey dudes, here, let me undo whatever your problem is." You'd come to expect it over time because it keeps happening, but any coherent storytelling involves struggling and overcoming problems, not having them negated by a higher power. You might expect it as a reader, but the plot doesn't expect it. Those half-dead shinigami sure weren't expecting it. A story is written to convey the overcoming of obstacles, and when they are abruptly negated instead of overcome, the plot has been affected by a DEM.
Despite that, it doesn't matter since the Qinucies will probably just say "Hu hu hu. Our king foresaw that you'd reclaim your bankais. No matter. You will still all be worfed by our DEM's vague plan."

Which will make all hinge upon Ichigo, the true DEM.

What this argument is missing is that every side has DEMs up their asses, so that they are effectively negated. They have Urahara? So what? Yawstarwuightch anticipated that.

Toshiro has a do rag. That's more character development than I expected already right there. It's not worth complaining about somethign that has no effect on the overall plot. All you all shut up about the self negating DEM's.

What's actually interesting is that Ichigo's Bankai was unstealable because of his hollow. (Though that doesn't explain how he has Quincy powers at all if hollow energy is poison to Qunicies.)

bigkrev

I go away for a while and miss important conversations?

Team C-cup for life. Big enough to party, not big enough to distract.

Wiseblade

The World God Only Knows

I was thinking about catching up on this, but is the time travel arc over yet? I'm not sure I could handle much more kid Keima without a light at the end of the tunnel.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The World God Only Knows

I was thinking about catching up on this, but is the time travel arc over yet? I'm not sure I could handle much more kid Keima without a light at the end of the tunnel.

It looks like it's about to come to an end. No more re-dos, he's made the final plan and began executing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom