• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't handle bobobobobo. Too random for me. It's that knowing random too which I dislike, not like the unintentional (probably) insanity of fourteen.

Gintamen

Yeah, I don't read Bleach. But that doesn't mean I've never read it. I know who Urahara is and how Kubo uses him.
Nah you literally don't know what preceeded this chapter, therefore you are spouting nonsense you don't know own about. It's not as much about Urahara as a character as PV makes it seem, it's about his findings from this arc.

Aizo

Banned
I can't handle bobobobobo. Too random for me. It's that knowing random too which I dislike, not like the unintentional (probably) insanity of fourteen.

There's an episode in which they walk by some animals putting on a play in a forest, and it seems totally unimportant until later. Bobobo gets in a big fight, and appears to have been killed by the hair hunter, so all the other characters start crying. Then, all these animals come out from behind the trees, clapping. It's revealed that Bobobo and the hair hunter were merely doing a performance. After Bobobo and the hunter take their bows together, Bobobo immediately does one of his special attacks involving nose hair, and he completely decimates the bad guy.

An amazing twist.

It reminds me of Sexy Commando Gaiden in the way that Bobobo does very strange things, but usually defeats his enemy in a far less odd manner. It's just that his weird actions completely take his enemies off guard. Great Shōnen protag.

Don Patchi was overpowered in Jump Ultimate Stars.

Not as OP as Hiei and Raoh.

What did you think about Zangetsu being Ichigo´s quincy powers?

I don't really have issues with that. I guess I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't really anything behind Zangetsu looking like Yhwach, like some part of him controlling Ichigo or gaining information for the Quincy or something like that. Right now I only want to see if Ichigo actually gained anything by separating those two souls in two different weapons or if he's still going to Getsuga Tensho the shit out of them.

Bleach
I don't really have issues with that. I guess I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't really anything behind Zangetsu looking like Yhwach, like some part of him controlling Ichigo or gaining information for the Quincy or something like that. Right now I only want to see if Ichigo actually gained anything by separating those two souls in two different weapons or if he's still going to Getsuga Tensho the shit out of them.

Double the swords double the Getsuga Tensho :p

Toriko

The flashback is over. Not satisfied of why Midora turned evil.

Fan Service

Mashima showing fan service the whole chapter is not ok with me. I hate fan service so blatant like this, and every other fan service.

Mael

Ichigo was not dead. He was still conscience or else he would not have heard Orihime. He even had an internal monologue with himself. In the Scarmask chapter it shows Ichigo with his hollow mask on the cover.

And besides Ichigo´s mask has changed throughout the series.

Watch the red lines pattern and how it changed throughout the series.

The DEM is not that his mask changed, how can you even believe that's even close to the point I'm making?
Who the fuck cares about that anyway?
The DEM is that he got stomped, his heart was blown away, Orihime was feeling the eat of Uryu getting toasted.
All of a sudden Ichigo's hollow kick in and curb stomp the problem and everything is right again without Ichigo having done jack.
Heck even he thinks he's done nothing to kill his foe when that ridiculous pannel (the heart!) comes.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Ch. 1

Rlml5rO.png

That's fucking evil.

Is Bobo-bo Bo-bobo a prequel to OPM?

Aizo

Banned
Fan Service

Mashima showing fan service the whole chapter is not ok with me. I hate fan service so blatant like this, and every other fan service.

How about Fanny Service?
Fanny Tail?
Hmmm.... We'll work on this later.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Ch. 1

Rlml5rO.png

That's fucking evil.

Is Bobo-bo Bo-bobo a prequel to OPM?

Most evil villain, right?
Are scans complete on Bobobo? You may be setting yourself up for disappointment if you can't read the sequel, Shinsetsu Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

G.ZZZ

I totally missed that :O

It's more implied that he actually used center, seeing how Ichiryuu was talking (talking about the sealed course and then saying Midora went against Acacia's will). A funny thing is that we still don't actually know if Acacia's dead. At this point, i'm thinking he's not, and he's fighting or training to fight some uber monster.

Fairy t&ails

Surprised Lucy didn't get more jelly about that, natsu and grays comments about "seeing the girls naked all the time it's lost its impact" was pretty hilarious.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fairy Tail

At this point why does Mashima even draw them with clothes on?

HSDK

Really disappointed that Shigure's big moment ends up with her being beat down and captured. Although I shouldn't be surprised I guess. :(

I took a break from Bobobo-bo to see what this Fairy Tail hubbub was all about but then I saw that new Kingdom chapters were out. Lighting the bat signal for wonzo:

2N4pP0z.png

Fairy Service

Wow Mashima has service for both genders lol. DTL will be happy.

Last panel was hilarious.

Also Mashima needs to make up his mind and stop teasing with the service.

This is a slow chapter, hopefully the next chapter speeds things up a lot.

Maybe some Gajeel or Igneel appearance. Maybe Fairy Tail's darkness.

HSDK

A serious fight and some good service. Poor Shigure, Kenichi really needs to work hard to protect his harem precious people.

Aizo

Banned
(If I'm breaking any rule, regarding strict safe-for-work policies or such, just let me know)

New rule: please post your top 10 favorite manga!

I read this earlier, but figured someone would welcome you. Thanks for introducing yourself. My first post here just made the people who like Bleach attack me. I regret not being more polite.

DTL is going to hate this weeks fairy tail because it was erza washing natsu's back and vice versa. In DTL perfect fan chapter it'd be gray and natsu

Dont really understand the need to passionately defend or oppose a series that is at its 500th plus chapter, for multiple pages, for the umpteenth time this year, for the 3rd year in a row, but I guess...

Jesus Christ...

Anyway the Oricon Comic Rankings from September 30th - October 6th

01. Kuroko no Basket #24 (364,400)
04. Haikyuu!! #8 (120,379)
49. Shingeki no Kyojin #11 (16,267 / 1,340,478)

The reign of sports series, guess Jump still has the best ones around. Expecting Haikyuu!! to increase more than Kurobas since its slightly ahead at the same point in Kurobas lifetime.

Attack on Titan 11 must be rate limited by stock, only reason I can imagine why its so far down compared to everything else, unless the plot stinks in that volume?

Lirlond

Prison school is probably the funniest shit I've read in the past two years. Easy. I was selling it to a friend last night and I was cracking up as I gave him the premise.

Andres face is the best visual gag.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Wow. WOW. Okay PV you keep waging that thousand year blood war. The cognitive dissonance between your pasting of definitions and inability to actually process their meaning is staggering. Especially with that One Piece example.

You win, I give up.

Wow. WOW. Okay PV you keep waging that thousand year blood war. The cognitive dissonance between your pasting of definitions and inability to actually process their meaning is staggering. Especially with that One Piece example.

You win, I give up.

Lol, you are saying that an established thing is DEM, and something that came out of no where is not. What a joke. It´s you who is showing cognitive dissonance, but whatever.

Mael

Lol, you are saying that an established thing is DEM, and something that came out of no where is not. What a joke. It´s you who is showing cognitive dissonance, but whatever.

A powerup is not a DEM.
Did you stop playing Megaman the 1rst time you beat a boss saying how it was a BS DEM too?

A powerup is not a DEM.

A power up out of the blue is DEM. Not only that it´s a retcon of everything that has been stated about DF in the manga, and that happened without any proper explanation whatsoever. It´s funny how things explained and have precedent in Bleach is considered DEM, yet something that goes against everything that has been established without any explanation whatsoever is not considered DEM.

Wiseblade

A power up out of the blue is DEM. Not only that it´s a retcon of everything that has been stated about DF in the manga, and that happened without any proper explanation whatsoever. It´s funny how things explained and have precedent in Bleach is considered DEM, yet something that goes against everything that has been established without any explanation whatsoever is not considered DEM.
Marco mentioned that Blackbeard is unique in the same chapter. If anyone else tries to possess two Devil Fruit powers, they'll still die. But how is an antagonist becoming more powerful an example of a third party coming to the rescue of the main characters in an unsolvable predicament?

stay strong, mael

how small?

B/C is best

I dont even mind. A is fine too.

EDIT: On the Bleach DEM debate, I can understand if people sees the pill as a Deus Ex Machina. It hasnt been foreshadowed, and it's too fucking simple and convenient, especially how the captains got their pills.

Mael

It's the culmination and the end of the arc, it's the fucking point of all this Marineford and the end of the Age.
We've got plenty of hints of something huge coming from BB in the arc just before this one.
It all lead to this.
That's why it's satisfying.
If Kubo was writting OP it would have been the will of the DF or something Vegapunk devised on the spot and you would be saying how it was the best thing ever.

Marco mentioned that Blackbeard is unique in the same chapter. If anyone else tries to possess two Devil Fruit powers, they'll still die. But how is an antagonist becoming more powerful an example of a third party coming to the rescue of the main characters in an unsolvable predicament?

I still don't even see what unsolvable predicament that even solved to begin with!
BB was not in any danger before coming and taking the DF to begin with.
It's not even a Diabolus Ex Machina or anythign tvtropes would care to name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom