• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Comiket Special 6 today!

I'll be off soon to look at interesting original and derivative works.

It's like the exact opposite, they've gotten busier

And there have been a surprising number of golf series

Golf is actually pretty popular around Japan, so it actually isn't as surprising as you'd think.

I feel bad for asking, but my curiosity is stronger than me >.>

Is it the one called Re: Marina?

Wait, really?

Wait, no way, is the My Balls mangaka the person who does Yuricam?

yes YURICAM is by the My Balls Mangaka.

i thought you would be able to tell straight off from the art

Premise: A beautiful girl going to an all-girl college hoping to find a man. she is broke and needs a place to stay. Through interesting mishaps she discovers she has a special ability:

Make women fall in love with her. but she's not gay (right....). so she uses her newfound powers to solve mysteries, disputes, and her social situation. so she travels through the campus one vagina at a time towards her prince on a white horse (again she's TOTALLY STRAIGHT like Kaoru Mori).

UYmFAqS.png

Sai

Silver Spoon

Dang, yakuza dad. Terrible timing.

This hasn't just been on break scanslation-wise, right? Is the author on hiatus?

Eiyuu Kyoushitsu

Well... The art's nice.

A great scene and the showing of growing as a man.

Not sure if it's a greater sacrifice than shitting your pants, but at least this sacrifice was for better reasons.

Both were great sacrifices lol. All the characters are pretty great, but Gakuto really stands out.

dani_dc

This may seem like a dumb question but what kind of things does Comiket have?

Usually it's doujins and original mangas, but this one has a hall dedicated to official products such as bags, posters, CD's, pins, cups, shirts, that type of stuff.

Not sure if this applies to all Comiket since this one is "Comiket Special 6", which is done once every five years and thus might deviate from the regular Comiket to some degree.

I'll be attending the regular summer Comiket in a few months though.

Haikyuu 151

Goshiki and Kenjirou best designs for Shiratorizawa but I think overall in terms of characters having attractive designs, Shiratorizawa is the weakest.

Love the starting nervousness for Karasuno, only nishinoya and tsukki were immune.

dani_dc

Bit of a disappointment, though for my own fault as well.
Lots of circle starts closing at 2:30pm or even before (even if they still had material to sell) despite the event only ending at 4, when you add that the event started at 11am I was really caught off guard by this.
I had planned to go there in the afternoon to avoid the bigger confusion in the late morning, so that ended up backfiring.

Could had avoided the one hour wait at FE booth too, but I was afraid that some of the stuff I wanted might sell out (it didn't).

Funny enough the adult stuff was right at the entry while the all-ages stuff was more hidden in the back.

Got a few random games and some Yuri Kuma fanart, no manga unfortunately.

Wanted to buy an interesting one for my friend birthday, but guess I'll have to do that in Akihabara instead.

wait dani still in japan?

i see you're back to your old avatar

if dani owns japan that means i can steal it form him
Please Kasane, don't you watch TV?
I single handily conquered Japan, and you're more than welcomed to try and steal it from me.

Actually I'm doing an internship here so I'll be staying at least until end of August.

I would like pics of this FE merchandise you speak of.

Sure thing.

Booth image.

Catalogue:
What I got:

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The struggle is real brethren.

Is this manga worth it? I tried watching the anime and I couldn't... Maybe the manga can fare better with me.

I think the manga have better pacing than the anime.

Lots of circle starts closing at 2:30pm or even before (even if they still had material to sell) despite the event only ending at 4, when you add that the event started at 11am I was really caught off guard by this.
I had planned to go there in the afternoon to avoid the bigger confusion in the late morning, so that ended up backfiring.

Could had avoided the one hour wait at FE booth too, but I was afraid that some of the stuff I wanted might sell out (it didn't).

Funny enough the adult stuff was right at the entry while the all-ages stuff was more hidden in the back.

Wanted to buy an interesting one for my friend birthday, but guess I'll have to do that in Akihabara instead.

I single handily conquered Japan, and you're more than welcomed to try and steal it from me.

Actually I'm doing an internship here so I'll be staying at least until end of August.

Sure thing.

Booth image.

Catalogue:

What I got:
Oh, nice loot.
So, what kind of games did you bought?

Nightbird

Haikyu!! 151

Gosh, it feels so bad seeing them screw up so early, it brings back Memories, unpleasant Memories >.>

Sure thing.

Booth image.

Catalogue:

What I got:

I begin to feel envy everytime i see your Loot hahaha

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Skip! Yamada-kun
Japanese version of Click. A boy can skip or stop time at will. After getting stuck in time crevice, a place where one won't feel hungry or tired, he want to go back there again.

Uchi no Maou kamimasen yo latest

Oh my, oh my.
Too much love for me.

dani_dc

I think the manga have better pacing than the anime.

Oh, nice loot.
So, what kind of games did you bought?

Also got a Sega "arcade history" book and a Sega consoles bag, grew as a Sega fan so Icouldn't resist.

As far as games go.
Got a music game called Breaks LP, apparently also available at playsm.

What looked to be a 2D adventure platforms with Gameboy graphics, no idea if I can even play this one seeing as it was running on Mac and I lack one. Its literally a blank miniCD, not even a name.

The last one I have no idea, disc cover says "AmusementMakers Games Disc Otaku summer ver.", the guy at the both literally bowed while pointing at the 100 yen game while saying something, so I felt I had to get the game, it was pretty humbling honestly.

Here's a picture of the three.

I missed some gaming booths (closed) and others had more expensive games and I lack the funds/language knowledge so I didn't get them. There was a free game I wanted to pick up, but I came back some 5 minutes later and the circle was gone.

It was really nice to go there and buy things directly from the people, just wish I had the language knowledge to communicate.

Made me wish I had a booth there, I love thus type of events, showing your games to the general audience is a lot of fun(thought nerve wrecking if you're trying to make a living out of it).

I begin to feel envy everytime i see your Loot hahaha
And I don't even post most of what I get here. That and I have a limited budget

dr labson

Neo Member
Tokyo Ghoul (everything) and Tokyo Ghoul Re 1 - 22

I really do hope Kaneki get his memory back asap, not that there is anything wrong with Sasaki though.
I also hope Amon hasn't gone bonkers like Takizawa or died or anything awful like that.

Zweizer

Banned

Sure thing.

Booth image.

Catalogue:

What I got:

Also got a Sega "arcade history" book and a Sega consoles bag, grew as a Sega fan so Icouldn't resist.

As far as games go.
Got a music game called Breaks LP, apparently also available at playsm.

What looked to be a 2D adventure platforms with Gameboy graphics, no idea if I can even play this one seeing as it was running on Mac and I lack one. Its literally a blank miniCD, not even a name.

The last one I have no idea, disc cover says "AmusementMakers Games Disc Otaku summer ver.", the guy at the both literally bowed while pointing at the 100 yen game while saying something, so I felt I had to get the game, it was pretty humbling honestly.

Here's a picture of the three.

I missed some gaming booths (closed) and others had more expensive games and I lack the funds/language knowledge so I didn't get them. There was a free game I wanted to pick up, but I came back some 5 minutes later and the circle was gone.

It was really nice to go there and buy things directly from the people, just wish I had the language knowledge to communicate.

Made me wish I had a booth there, I love thus type of events, showing your games to the general audience is a lot of fun(thought nerve wrecking if you're trying to make a living out of it).

Nice loot~ I hope you had fun~

That Fire Emblem book looks great. Lucina~

Isn't Amusement Makers the group ZUN originally belonged to? I think Lele and panda might be interested to know more about that one.

All these lines sound like a pain. Is there anything special tomorrow, aside from Kuroket?

damn i really wanna read the prison school manga but i have a backlog, plus the anime's coming soon right? same issue for one punch man

grr

Considering the incredible art (and fanservice), there is very little chance that the Prison School anime will live up to the manga. I'd say you're better off reading it.

One Punch-Man's anime will probably fare better though (if we go by its staff).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom