• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Isn't Amusement Makers the group ZUN originally belonged to? I think Lele and panda might be interested to know more about that one.
Yeah it's a kind of club in a Tokyo university or something, and students who belong to the university use the name. I think all the PC-98 games were made when he was there

LeleSocho

Banned
Isn't Amusement Makers the group ZUN originally belonged to? I think Lele and panda might be interested to know more about that one.

I'm not into Touhou like panda is, i just made the thread because panda needed someone to do it but you are right i'm interested in the game... more than ever because of the way dani acquired it.

---

OnePunch-Man Murata 65
Poor Sonic, in the original it wasn't like that.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah it's a kind of club in a Tokyo university or something, and students who belong to the university use the name. I think all the PC-98 games were made when he was there

Yeah that's what I thought. I'm kind of surprised that it's still alive.

I'm not into Touhou like panda is, i just made the thread because panda needed someone to do it but you are right i'm interested in the game... more than ever because of the way dani acquired it.

That's a great OP though!

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Nanatsu 119.5

So Melodias is his older brother. Also Escanor is OP as fuck.

wonzo

Banned
Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki 1-12
nekomusume1.png

Reminds me of Noramimi but with a catgirl as mc and the mascots swapped out with weird spirit things. Great art makes this a fun read.

spidergirl da bes

Turok_TTZ

dani_dc said:
Sure thing.
Excellent.

You have good taste. I did not expect to seee a FE fan here on mangagaf. This a bright moment in my otherwise bs morning.

ONE is taking break due to health issues, god damnit.

Hopefully he can think of mob psycho and opm while on hiatus. I wish him well.

Zweizer

Banned
Excellent.

You have good taste. I did not expect to seee a FE fan here on mangagaf. This a bright moment in my otherwise bs morning.

I'm sure there are a lot more FE fans around here (myself included). It's just never really brought up as it's not the topic here.

(Then again we also constantly stray off-topic.)

Usobuko

Banned
Eng translation of what Vito has posted before.

2015 award list for the 8th edition of Manga Taisho

*1. 80 pts Kakukaku Shikajika [josei, slice of life] by Akiko Higashimura (Kuragahime)
*2. 66 pts Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai [seinen, slice of life] by Rettou Tajima
*3. 65 pts Koe no Katachi [shounen, romance] by Yoshitoki Ooima
*4. 57 pts Boku dake ga Inai Machi [seinen, supernatural] by Kei Sanbe (Mouryou no Yurikago)
*5. 49 pts Blue Giant [seinen, music] by Shinichi Ishizuka
*6. 40 pts Ballroom e Youkuso [shounen, sports] by Tomo Takeuchi
*7. 38 pts Innocent [seinen, historical] by Shinichi Sakamoto (Kokou no Hito)
*8. 36 pts Boku no Hero Academia [shounen, action] by Kouhei Horikoshi
*9. 35 pts Ousama-tachi no Viking [seinen, thriller] by Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass)
10. 30 pts Kasane [seinen, drama] by Daruma Matsuura
11. 28 pts Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun [shounen, comedy] by Izumi Tsubaki (Oresama Teacher)
12. 20 pts Mahoutsukai no Yome [shounen, fantasy] by Kore Yamazaki
13. 18 pts Houseki no Kuni [seinen, sci-fi] by Haruko Ichikawa
14. *8 pts Dormitory Tomkins [slice of life] by Fumiko Takano

From MAL

I find this list to be pretty good and interesting.

Zweizer

Banned

*1. 80 pts Kakukaku Shikajika [josei, slice of life] by Akiko Higashimura (Kuragahime)
*4. 57 pts Boku dake ga Inai Machi [seinen, supernatural] by Kei Sanbe (Mouryou no Yurikago)
*9. 35 pts Ousama-tachi no Viking [seinen, thriller] by Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass)
11. 28 pts Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun [shounen, comedy] by Izumi Tsubaki (Oresama Teacher)

From MAL

Some interesting series. Looks like a pretty solid list.

And my backlog keeps growing. Sigh...

From MAL

Glad Ousama-tachi no Viking [seinen, thriller] is loved.

is the nanatsu no taizai anime pretty 1:1 with the manga? If so around what chapter does the latest episode of the anime leave off around? I don't really want to read it from the start if there's no reason to.

Magi 260

I knew the wisdom of solomon was a bad idea the first time I saw it. It's basically one big ass pull that has turned Alladin into a walking Gary Stu every time he's in the shit. It basically negated most of the training that took place in magnostadt every time he uses it. Its the kind of plot device that makes things boring fairly quickly. I fully expect an asspull allah solomons wisdom to bring back Allibaba. This is shounen after all. Your not gonna kill off major characters like that no matter how hopeful some may be.

Stulaw

Nisekoi 164

I have a feeling that they'll still deny their feelings for each other even after this, Haru's finally done what none of the other characters could even have hoped to have done, let alone Raku and Kosaki by themselves.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 164

He just brutally friendzoned Chitoge and is now going on a date with Onedera.

Guess the series is wrapping up soon

VRMN

Nisekoi 164

Haru and Ruri are wasted on Kosaki. Anyway, this tease fits with my general assumption about the series' plot. Kosaki will be "the promised girl" but he'll choose Chitoge anyway. The feelings of the present > the feelings of the past.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Girls of the Wild's 182

I would say that shit is getting real, but this is going to be the least explosive love triangle ever.

Dal Dal has gotten annoying she has become worst girl.

Obviously queen is still the queen.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 164

More plot teasing.
Kind of wishing the promise girl was Marika since she's the fragile one that was always sick so she fits the story, but it obviously won't be her.

Thankfully we have Haru to try to move the plot along, truly the superior Onodera.

The opening with Marika was great too.

Nice loot~ I hope you had fun~

That Fire Emblem book looks great. Lucina~

All these lines sound like a pain. Is there anything special tomorrow, aside from Kuroket?
I did, just wish there was more of it!

Nothing special tomorrow as far as I can tell, but information in English is sparse.

I'll skip Sunday, spent too much money as it is and finding out the event is effectively just three hours doesn't help.

Nisekoi 164

He just brutally friendzoned Chitoge and is now going on a date with Onedera.

Guess the series is wrapping up soon

Series is on it's half mark, we'll see them through high school for sure, at which point he'll be fully after Chitoge.

Nisekoi 164

Haru and Ruri are wasted on Kosaki. Anyway, this tease fits with my general assumption about the series' plot. Kosaki will be "the promised girl" but he'll choose Chitoge anyway. The feelings of the present > the feelings of the past.
I'm unsure Kosaki would be able to breath without those two around.

I still think Chitoge will end up being the promised girl.

Sai

Girls of the Wild's

Author just needs to hurry up and have Dal Dal move on to the other guy like Moon Young did. Watching her fruitlessly try so hard all this time is becoming kind of hard.

Zweizer

Banned
I did, just wish there was more of it!

Nothing special tomorrow as far as I can tell, but information in English is sparse.

I'll skip Sunday, spent too much money as it is and finding out the event is effectively just three hours doesn't help.

The short opening time sounds like a real bummer.

Arabesque

It basically negated most of the training that took place in magnostadt every time he uses it.

His training was so that he didn't have to relay on Solomon's Wisdom, becuase he couldn't control/understand it fully. Aladdin doesn't want every fight he engages in to end with him shooting whoever into space lol.

I fully expect an asspull allah solomons wisdom to bring back Allibaba. This is shounen after all. Your not gonna kill off major characters like that no matter how hopeful some may be.

Alibaba isn't dead, Hakuryuu said it multiple times already. His mind (and left side of his body) are probably in Alma Torran or Belial's own pocket dimension.

In any case, both Alibaba and Judar will be gone for the foreseeable future, most likely until the civil war ends or close to ending. Which on the one hand makes the entire situation in relation to the military conflict interesting and not as one sided (even though Hakuryuu is still the only true King Vessel of the Kou empire now). I still hope Hakuryuu wins and kills Kouen in the end, but I guess it's not going to be an easier task now.

On the other hand, this removes the drama in relation to Kougyoku. Her arranged marriage to Alibaba, Sinbad using her as a secret agent, what will happen with Mor ... all of it put on the back burner since Alibaba is now gone for the time being.

Guess we can only have so much interpersonal drama with Hakuei around.

Vito

Banned
Bunch of Comp Ace 10th anniversary illustration got posted, including Akira Ishida's (Canaan, Maou) and the author of Illya manga.

Nanatsu no Taizai 119.1

Oh man Escanor is OP but with some important power connected to one of the Clan's

that lady Vampire was Zeldris lover?!?! Zeldris spared her.... but then Melodias unleashed his REAL power on her and killed his younger brothers love.... DAMN

So many questions for Melodias and Escanor... those too are clearly related to both the Demon Clan and Goddess Clan's past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom