• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1594

Fairy Tail 429-430

I can't, I just can't like WTF. Gray turns out to be some secret agent. Really Hiro?

This whole Timeskip has sucked ass

Fairy Tail

Count me as relieved we aren't gonna be slogged through more "hatred and darkness" Sasuke bullshit. Gray clearly indicated there he considers Natsu and Lucy friends (with that slight Lucy shipping bait like we don't all know she's Natsu's waifu lol), so when the truth about Natsu comes to light we may not be looking at a whole arc of angsty sickdark, just maybe a few chapters of it then Talk no Jutsu to the rescue.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Dude, face turn Hendrickson is a boss. Wondering how far they're gonna go into this backstory, hopefully not Magi style where it's a whole mini arc.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yuri Danshi 1-2

So finally got around to reading this...

4030048-8501923744-DeanW.gif

Yuri Danshi definitely lives up to its insane premise. It's the ultimate send-up of your typical hardcore yuri fan; it goes over every yuri convention and mercilessly pokes fun at them, and it's filled to the brim with tons overt references to various yuri manga. It's really fun, and an absolute must-read if you're remotely fond of yuri. Hell, even if you aren't one, it's still worth reading for its ridiculous comedy alone.

that sounds awful tbh

pandering to the worst of the worst shippers, the crazy yuri ones.

Kaidan is Dead 1

79128753jcjzz.jpg

Comedy series about the 7 supernatural 'Wonders' of a school, who're being forgotten by the children and want to revive the fading interest in them. First chapter was pretty brief, but the premise and humour were both fantastic and I'm dying to read more.

Gakkyu Hotei 19
CDDo9eeVIAAGuip.png:large

Best panel of those two. Im glad they are drawing nearer to finally solving the mystery that caused them so much pain and anguish.

Unfortunately, it probably means this will conclude by chp 25 or earlier. I will miss it.

Lain

Sorry to jump into this thread like this Manga-GAF, anyone know any online stores/sellers who might have OOP/not that popular manga?? Trying to find volume 2 of Maison Ikkoku at a reasonable price/condition. I'm in the UK but will buy from anywhere.

Ebay is one place to look at.
I'm not sure how useful this would be but I tried a quick look and found this used one, so looking around on there you should hopefully find something.

BLack Clover 8-10

Pretty exciting conclusion to the fight. I didnt think the negation magic could be used in such a way to reflect it. I think it truly is Jumps answer to fairy tail/7taizai though with a lead who is refreshingly not a leaderish type of character and also not all powerful.

I like how Asta has a pet bird now. Good smile.
CDDvRYDVIAAlYZA.png

jordisok

Ebay is one place to look at.
I'm not sure how useful this would be but I tried a quick look and found this used one, so looking around on there you should hopefully find something.

Thank you :) yeah Ebay seems like it'll be my best bet. I was looking to get the collected volumes (as I already have 1) but it seems most of that is out of print so I might have to just go for whatever I can get! I thought manga might be easier to come by than anime :\

PK Gaming

that sounds awful tbh

pandering to the worst of the worst shippers, the crazy yuri ones.

But that's the exact opposite of what it's going for

It's all about mocking the ridiculously sad delusions of a yuri fanboy. The main cast is primarily composed of handsome males who supposedly do nothing but fiercely argue over their favorite yuri ships. The protagonist constantly dreams up these various dream scenarios, only to have them dashed time and time again. From what i've heard, there's no real yuri in it, and ironically (much to the chagrin of hardcore yuri fans) it's one of the most popular mangas in the yuri magazine it's published in.

Judging from what I've seen on [redacted] and the like, the crazy yuri shippers are the ones that despise this manga.

balgajo

Some early TOC positions from next week jump

Shounen Jump Issue 22/23:
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Black Clover (CP)
?????
?????
Hinomaru Zumou
?????
?????
?????
?????
Kagamigami
?????
?????
Ultra Battle Satellite
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Bleach
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Kaizou Ningen Roggy
Gakkyuu Houtei
Takujou no Ageha (End)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 24:
Cover, Lead CP: Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜 (New Series by Yokota Takuma)
CP: Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Black Clover

So Black Clover consecutive color pages were true after all. Good to see!

Results for the Shokugeki no Soma online character popularity poll

tmEAnsN.jpg

1. Erina
2. Takumi
3. Soma
4. Megumi
5. Alice
6. Shinomiya
7. Hisako
8. Curry
9. Meat
10. Naked Apron-Senpai
11. Ryou
12. Hinako
13. Isami
14. Smoke

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Trolling or serious? I dont read this series or have seen it. Not interested in it but am curious about your post

Despite being considered one of the "main protagonists", she's very often out of focus.
We also don't know that much about her outside of "ice cold bitch" and "she likes manga"

for the new page

Haha @ the salty tears already.

Erina does need more scenes/development though (that scene
with Megumi is a nice start tbh
)

We also don't know that much about her outside of "ice cold bitch" and "she likes manga"

Its funny she's the only character with a somewhat legit reason for being overly arrogant so far. Looking forward to the peg knocking

360pages

To be fair, contest such as this are usually more about design and attractiveness than what they actually do in the story.

Erina I think have both of those going for her, despite her character being the uppity Tsun all the way.

Changes from Chapter 56 popularity Poll
1. Erina (UP 2)
2. Takumi (UP 2)
3. Soma (DOWN 2)
4. Megumi (DOWN 1)
5. Alice (UP 2)
6. Shinomiya (DOWN 1)
7. Hisako (UP 7)
8. Curry (UP 1)
9. Meat (DOWN 3)
10. Naked Apron-Senpai (DOWN 2)

bobohoro

Shokugeki no Soma 1-50

This is...pretty awesome. It's intense, creative, informative and most of all entertaining. And the art is pretty awesome with great characters all around.

That said, who's Erina again?

tmEAnsN.jpg

1. Erina
2. Takumi
3. Soma
4. Megumi
5. Alice
6. Shinomiya
7. Hisako
8. Curry
9. Meat
10. Naked Apron-Senpai
11. Ryou
12. Hinako
13. Isami
14. Smoke
15. Mizuhara
16. Ryoko
17. Joichirou
18. Yoshino
19. Gin
20. Stalker
21. Qipao
22. Eizan
23. Nao
24. Marui

Busaiku

How the heck did Takumi get 2nd.
And in breathing distance of 1st, despite not even being around for a while.
Is DTL actually a collective.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

1. Best Girl
2. DTL-bait
3. Gary Stew
4. Slowkoro
5. NeoGAF Heroine
6. Asshole French Guy
7. Hishoko
8. Curry Guy
9. Meat
10. Naked Apron-Senpai
11. Dark Not Soma
12. Megumi's #1 Fan
13. DTL-bait's brother

etc.

Arabesque

Ongoing Results for the Shokugeki no Soma online character popularity poll
Fixed, the poll isn't over yet.

Also, pretty sure you can vote outside of Japan as well, given its an online poll.

So apparently the editor gave some pity votes for Marui because he's last on the list.

It looked more he was just promoting him so people would at least give him pity votes. The official Twitter account had been doing this with promoting different characters from day to day (not for pity votes, those are just for Marui)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom