• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

My familiarity with Food Wars begins and ends with the 3 episodes of the anime I've seen but considering how terrible Erina has been so far and that people who've read the manga says she doesn't get any better, my only conclusion is that the people who voted in this poll have bad taste.

PK Gaming

eTcg0uH.pngp

Losing is one thing, but Alice just had to lose to Erina

15 more days.

So now is the time to decide who would you rather have at that number 1 spot.

The blond ojousama that still hasn't really done anything.

Or the blond italian who got humiliated by a copycat stalker.

Arabesque

eTcg0uH.pngp

Losing is one thing, but Alice just had to lose to Erina

But who to blame for that? Alice for not being the hero of mangagaf expected, or mangagaf for not supporting their hero in her time of need? Ask thyself, where were you when the voting was going on?

Not like I care though, the person I voted for was never going to win anyway #TeamRyoko

15 more days.

So now is the time to decide who would you rather have at that number 1 spot.

The blond ojousama that still hasn't really done anything.

Or the blond italian who got humiliated by a copycat stalker.

I like that the top 5 are just playing a game of musical chairs at this point in switching postion every time, and no one new manages to break into it.

Some early TOC positions from next week jump

Shounen Jump Issue 22/23:
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Black Clover (CP)
?????
?????
Hinomaru Zumou
?????
?????
?????
?????
Kagamigami
?????
?????
Ultra Battle Satellite
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Bleach
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Kaizou Ningen Roggy
Gakkyuu Houtei
Takujou no Ageha (End)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 24:
Cover, Lead CP: Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜 (New Series by Yokota Takuma)
CP: Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Black Clover

So Black Clover consecutive color pages were true after all. Good to see!

WT hanging on good.

Team BLack Clover getting our early reward of back to back CPs. Perfect for the start of a new arc, hopefully. I hope one gets Yuno at least, we havent seen him in awhile.

What's funny about that Soma popularity poll to me is that Soul Catcher(s) had thirty times the amount of votes. At least it's close to getting an anime too....

Arabesque

It's sort of interesting how few voted for both the Soma and Assassination Classroom polls when they are by all accounts two of the biggest hits in Jump right now, but you compare it to other mid range series that had more votes like World Trigger and like you mentioned, Soul Catcher(S). I guess the audience for those series would rather not vote?

Might as well talk about the chapter here as well

Soma 115

"We have created this exercise to honor all of the Japanese chefs who went to Paris in a holy pilgrimage to commit what we are describing as grand intellectual property theft. The lesson all you aspiring young chefs need to take from this is that if someone thought of something worthwhile, it is probably worth stealing it for yourself and slapping your name on it"

Aside from the very strange way they decided to frame that little historical nugget, this was a pretty great chapter. I wouldn't mind if the Stagiaire arc were to end here and we skip to whatever event they hold for end of year graduation, or if we do continue to see what Soma will be doing in his next restaurant assignment. Overall, it was a really good breather after the really long tournament, and worked as a good way to reintroduce the supporting cast and give them more depth.

Shame we never got to see what Lucy and Wéi cooked for their dishes. I guess Wéi will continue on being the Bambina of Shino's Tokyo for the foreseeable future then lol ;_;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

I was hoping Gray would just be legit evil. Oh well.

It's sort of interesting how few voted for both the Soma and Assassination Classroom polls when they are by all accounts two of the biggest hits in Jump right now, but you compare it to other mid range series that had more votes like World Trigger and like you mentioned, Soul Catcher(S). I guess the audience for those series would rather not vote?

Might as well talk about the chapter here as well

Soma 115

"We have created this exercise to honor all of the Japanese chefs who went to Paris in a holy pilgrimage to commit what we are describing as grand intellectual property theft. The lesson all you aspiring young chefs need to take from this is that if someone thought of something worthwhile, it is probably worth stealing it for yourself and slapping your name on it"

Aside from the very strange way they decided to frame that little historical nugget, this was a pretty great chapter. I wouldn't mind if the Stagiaire arc were to end here and we skip to whatever event they hold for end of year graduation, or if we do continue to see what Soma will be doing in his next restaurant assignment. Overall, it was a really good breather after the really long tournament, and worked as a good way to reintroduce the supporting cast and give them more depth.

Shame we never got to see what Lucy and Wéi cooked for their dishes. I guess Wéi will continue on being the Bambina of Shino's Tokyo for the foreseeable future then lol ;_;

The Stagiare Arc apparently is over and we don't get to see the third restaurant (at least the teaser text at the end says its a new arc coming). I don't think they'd be quite at first year's end - its still Fall in the series' calendar.

Arabesque

The Stagiare Arc apparently is over and we don't get to see the third restaurant (at least the teaser text at the end says its a new arc coming). I don't think they'd be quite at first year's end - its still Fall in the series' calendar.

Well this was a good arc then if it ended here.

They should be around end of October/early November in the series after the tournament, so there is like a month and a half till the end of first year.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Results for the Shokugeki no Soma online character popularity poll

http://i.imgur.com/tmEAnsN.jpg[img]

1. Erina
2. Takumi
3. Soma
4. Megumi
5. Alice
6. Shinomiya
7. Hisako
8. Curry
9. Meat
10. Naked Apron-Senpai
11. Ryou
12. Hinako
13. Isami
14. Smoke[/QUOTE]

I have to wonder how in the world Erina got so high, when she barely appear.
[B]
Monster x Monster 10[/B]
So the protagonist name is actually Neet? LOL.
Glad he find the motivation to go back on his feet. His new look in next chapter looks similar to Thorfin (a bit)
[B]
Shokugeki no soma 115[/B]
Shinomiya is so tsundere. Where's my Hinako and Megumi working together!?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Soma 115

Shinomiya is a rare male tsundere.

Alice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erina

Busaiku

Erina just appeared in the cartoon, and she and Megumi also had some chapters not too long ago.
Soma 115

Shinomiya is a rare male tsundere.
There are probably more male tsundere than female.
Like 1/2 of all girls' series guys are tsundere.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What the hell is the deal with Togashi? I was researching and apparently he did a hiatus due to back surgery but what's happening now? Can't he hire other people to do the art for him and he would just supervise and overlook the progress? I find it kind of ridiculous that one of the most popular franchises in Japan is on a hiatus with no alternatives unless the reasons are like he's deathly ill or something.

Results for the Shokugeki no Soma online character popularity poll

tmEAnsN.jpg

1. Erina
2. Takumi
3. Soma
4. Megumi
5. Alice
6. Shinomiya
7. Hisako
8. Curry
9. Meat
10. Naked Apron-Senpai
11. Ryou
12. Hinako
13. Isami
14. Smoke

Everyone knows Erina is the best girl.

Arabesque

World Trigger 100

UsDkFQZ.jpg

The man who's sword is heavy with all he learned through his numerous battles; the boy who's blade is carrying the weight of everything he lost. The showdown at the west bank reaches its climax

This is the second time Ashihara had used a similar page layout for the face down between different sides, and it still feels as badass as it did before. My guess is that Yuma will win out in the end and defeat Murakami, but not before Murakami cripples him further making him unable to join Osamu and Chika afterwards, but I don't think That is in Yuma's mind currently. What will tip the balance here is that Murakami rushing to be with his teammates will be his downfall since Yuma will be just focused on taking him down and nothing else.

IpMtn7s.jpg

Meanwhile, the battle at the east coast rages on

I still think that Tamakoma-2 has the best chance for victory here, but the question is how will they achieve it. Naru's loss of her teammates didn't rattle her as much as I thought it would've, and instead she is now focused on just crushing everyone in her path. The fact that she is able to fight 3 opponents at once without appearing worried is already testament enough to her ability, but with Osamu trying to delay Suzanari-1's demise time is ticking for her I feel.

Pretty awesome chapter for the first one in the 3 digits. Hopefully the upcoming colour page looks awesome.

World Trigger 100

Nice ending with Kuga remembering his father and Replica. I'm also really interested in what sort of plan Osamu is cooking up.

Yeah, that final panel really made feel sad for how much Yuma had lost and how much is riding on him defeating Murakami now. I hope he manages to get Replica back at least ;_;

I honestly think Osamu's plan for the time being is just delaying as much as possible Suzunari's defeat either because he wants to first ensure that Murakami is dead and then he aims to get the points from them, or he is waiting till Nasu is weakened enough for him to take on himself.

Either way, I'm sure he'll think of something that will secure the win for Tamakoma. I think they have this match in the bag, with Nasu Squad getting second.

Erina taking the first spot is baffling. And bizzarre. And terrible.

Vote for the character you want to take 1st place then~~~

Usobuko

Banned
Kakukaku Shikajika Chapter 33-34 END

If it wasn't because I was about to relate to all these regrets, this would not have hit me as hard.

Kakukaku Shikajika [END]

One of the best mangas I've read.

Yes.

In its true form, it's a sentimental tribute to a loved one but Akiko Higashimura also manage to keep things interesting with her sense of self-depreciating humour.

Puruzi pls, you know you like Erina deep down inside.

Are you fucking serious Arclight? Go read it now. NOW I SAID DAMN IT!

The only thing Erina has going for her is her design because her personality is godawful 0/10.😒 And even then there are other females in the series that have superior designs than her.

She's irrelevant and shit. Why would anyone like her other than for her design?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The only thing Erina has going for her is her design because her personality is godawful 0/10.😒 And even then there are other females in the series that have superior designs than her.

She's irrelevant and shit. Why would anyone like her other than for her design?

Well all I like her for is her design too lol, at least we can reach an agreement as to why she was #1. Best girl in my opinion is Megumi but obviously people will disagree with me yet again.

Rhapsody

Banned
Watching the Soma anime's got me remembering how amusing I found the scenes when someone mentioned Soma's name to her. lol

Designs alright, but I always get Kirino vibes.

Yuri Danshi 1-2

So finally got around to reading this...

4030048-8501923744-DeanW.gif

Yuri Danshi definitely lives up to its insane premise. It's the ultimate send-up of your typical hardcore yuri fan; it goes over every yuri convention and mercilessly pokes fun at them, and it's filled to the brim with tons overt references to various yuri manga. It's really fun, and an absolute must-read if you're remotely fond of yuri. Hell, even if you aren't one, it's still worth reading for its ridiculous comedy alone.

thank you for this, tis hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom