• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

I keep telling myself I need to start reading Soma just so I can understand what the hell you all are arguing about.

Having been in the exact same position roughly 30 hours ago and now being halfway through the series I'd say to go for it. It gets continously better, is well structured and in the battles manages to fascinate, since it really pulls off the mix between a cook-off and classical shonen battle manga stuff like special abilities, over-the-top flashbacks and stupid nicknames.

And the art is pretty neat as well, it's one of the few mangas where I kinda dig all character designs, both male and female. It is nothing really special or outstanding, but just really well done high quality stuff.

Think about how I feel not having read Prison School.

You should.
I mean, really.

Arabesque

Even stranger since copyright law doesn't apply to recipes.

I mean, they could've just said "go to the pro's, learn from them, and apply that knowledge into something unique to you", which would've been in the spirit of honouring those Japanese Chefs that went to France.

But no, they had to say they were going there to steal everything from the French and they want to hammer the tradition of stealing into future genrations lol.

The academic year ends in like March? There's going to be a really long arc before that happens anyways - some of the students are gonna fail out, obviously.

Ah right. Messed up on that, thanks.

Sangokushi v14-15

all these monstrous scumbags dropping like flies
lawd.png

Yuan Shu's end vs. Liu Bei's survival having been both ultimately in the hands of the people they were serving was a very welcome message in a work where we see less of the common population suffering and more focused on the warlords infighting and Imperial nonsense.

That farmer though was pretty hardcore, goddamn. Threw away all of that water to make a point.

As for Lu Bu, guess being the strongest warrior with a Ferrari for a horse never saved him for backstabbing people at the drop of a hat. A man among men with a horse among horses, who ended being a traitor among traitors.

Servamp v1

Fantastic manga and cast. I cant wait to see many of the other servant vampires come along to join in Mahiru's ongoing pursuit of saving the day. Kuro is a great one as well.

Fast read and gorgeous art and characters.

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 115

I guess this is the end of the arc. I would of thought they would show a 3rd restaurant. I like Shinomiya.

Can't believe people like Erina over Alice.

Marche90

To Love-Ru Darkness 54

Kid: So where did you guys had your first kiss?
Parents: Uh.... (under a par of recently used panties...)

That would make for an interesting conversation topic!

Voted for Takumi again today

Real Account II 1 - 15

Some of the outcomes are silly and partially lewd (really that special chapter?!, I guess Kakeru (Knight in the Area) is too pure for us to know how many times he does it, and the Fuuka Lead really does it THAT much in a week?!) (like the camera moment of what they were doing in ReAca) but otherwise its a great series.

Loved the sticker combo the most, its pretty creative.

ReAca makes me wish I never joined any social media, some of the people are pretty foolish there and though I dont have anything like they have online or what not [wasnt really a social media alchemist before 2009), I could still manage with only face to face interactions.

I want a ReAca anime sometime.

Sonicbug

Today is Light Novel day!

IMG_1843_zpst71gcwjz.jpg

Log Horizon and The Devil is a Part Timer volume's 1 are out. Chiho implores you to buy her book:
IMG_1844_zpswyihgcev.jpg

I'm not too worried about Log Horizon's sale numbers.

Shouta

I just started watching the Shokugeki no Soma anime and I might have to read the manga now just for the fact that Megumi is from Tohoku and had the accent in her flashback, lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Rome wasn't built in one day. Be patient, young padawan. Soon smut shall conquer all!

I shall wait patiently, soon shall come the time where all will froth from the mouth from glorious smut.

im still on my real life adventure so yams youll have to wait.

its been like a year dude lol, come back already

Sakuranbo Syndrome 76

Destroyed. I'm assuming the counter-attack misses, since there's been too much build up for this development to have it end so suddenly. It's more likely the GF takes the hit instead.

i really have to re-read this.

Today is Light Novel day!

IMG_1843_zpst71gcwjz.jpg

Log Horizon and The Devil is a Part Timer volume's 1 are out. Chiho implores you to buy her book:
IMG_1844_zpswyihgcev.jpg

I'm not too worried about Log Horizon's sale numbers.

I need money to get this lol

I just started watching the Shokugeki no Soma anime and I might have to read the manga now just for the fact that Megumi is from Tohoku and had the accent in her flashback, lol

prepare for the uncensored foodgasms shouta

Akame ga Kill! 58

Well I guess that confirms that Mdesu wasn't killed by Sdesu.

Lol I forgot the fake death from like two months ago when wonzo posted it.
The samurai went down so easily after being so dangerous, which is stupid.

Akame ga Kill! 59

Why is everyone a jobber? Why was this so short? Nothing happened.
Leone probably dies next chapter or the one after

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This is what happens when you have a short chapter focusing on characters not even remotely interesting.

Sadly for this manga.

That pretty much applies to almost everyone that isn't Esdese.

Speaking of whom, is going to get a brand new figure.

N5cgUHx.jpg

Hope the coloring turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom