• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Yamada and the Seven Witches 155

I must be tired, not paying attention, or dumb, because I'm confused as all hell. Yamada and the Chess club are working towards the same thing: to get their memories back. If that's the case, why are they going against each other? Mysteries all over the place but it's starting to confuse the hell out of me.

Revo

I must be tired, not paying attention, or dumb, because I'm confused as all hell. Yamada and the Chess club are working towards the same thing: to get their memories back. If that's the case, why are they going against each other? Mysteries all over the place but it's starting to confuse the hell out of me.

Their plan also involves them taking control of the student council positions or w/e. And then we couldn't have side characters working to get those positions.
Also (obviously) they're the bad guys!!!!!

Turok_TTZ

UQ Holder! 77

lolololololol Fate, Negi really changed you didn't he?

Piercing through barriers the way Dana did is no joke. How strong is she?

May 1st? BOOOOOOOO!

Jintor

After reading one of the Black Lagoon omakes (behind the scenes photos of the hypothetical 'filming' of the Black Lagoon manga) I kinda want to see a series which is... that.

Maybe I'll watch Shirobako first.

Numb

Sekai Oni 64

Things are going smoothly and people are smiling.
This just means shit will hit the fan harder than ever before soon.

Well shit, I thought the first volume of Log Horizon was going to be available on Kindle too, apparently not though. Guess it'll just be Dungeon and NGNL for now then.

Every time I read a chapter of Fuuka, I go back and reread a random chapter of Beck.

Fuuka becomes much better as a result.
as an unintentional comedy of how inferior it is.

With that being said, I dread reading through the Beck chapters with Chiba and his rebellious phase.

Monster X Monster 2-10

This is a pretty nice read. Main character was a real piece of shit but it looks like he's actually going to improve now, glad he wasn't like that the whole series. Has potential, even if it's just Monster Hunter the manga.

The artist is really good at drawing monsters, but for people, not so much.

dani_dc

Well, it's true for Yu and Sarah, but drummer and keyboard guy probably have real parents at home.

Yeah, I had nearly forgotten that one of them had issues with his dad, don't recall which of them though.

Every time I read a chapter of Fuuka, I go back and reread a random chapter of Beck.

Fuuka becomes much better as a result.
as an unintentional comedy of how inferior it is.

With that being said, I dread reading through the Beck chapters with Chiba and his rebellious phase.

Maybe I'll check it out, don't think I've read any Music-based mangas besides Fuuka.

wonzo

Banned
Sangokushi v16
sangokushiv16.jpg

Christ, even the doctors in this are metal as fuck.

Yuan Shu's end vs. Liu Bei's survival having been both ultimately in the hands of the people they were serving was a very welcome message in a work where we see less of the common population suffering and more focused on the warlords infighting and Imperial nonsense.

That farmer though was pretty hardcore, goddamn. Threw away all of that water to make a point.

As for Lu Bu, guess being the strongest warrior with a Ferrari for a horse never saved him for backstabbing people at the drop of a hat. A man among men with a horse among horses, who ended being a traitor among traitors.

I really wish the author would include some "peasants" as recurring characters for perspective instead of nameless rubes waiting to be brutally murdered by whatever despot of the day. Given all the liberties taken already I don't really get why the author hasn't done it yet.

Then again he's already been doing a great job of making me loath a good chunk of the current ensemble so I guess it'd be kinda redundant.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I love everyone in here but y'all need to grow up. I tell you what... how about in 10 fucking years, we get married?

Why you ask?

Because I'm a fucking dumb ass!

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 58

I get what they're trying to do, but wow. I don't know if not completing high school in Japan is as big of a concern as it is in the US, but still. Dropping out is crazy. Oh well, it's manga. They had to show the group had some resolve.

Domestic na Kanojo 39

I can't tell if Natsuo even knows that Rui likes him.

To Love-Ru Darkness 54

Dang, they actually kissed. Even if this was on accident, this is actually progress for these two lol

dani_dc

Beck's awesome. IMO.

I'd also recommend Piano no Mori.

Have Piano no Mori on my list, I'll have to check it out, same with beck.

Hmm, I wonder if it's a sign that this series is relatively popular. Would be nice if it got more (and bigger) projects in the future.

I hope so, I really enjoy the series.

I love everyone in here but y'all need to grow up. I tell you what... how about in 10 fucking years, we get married?

Why you ask?

Because I'm a fucking dumb ass!

I... what?

Domestic na Kanojo 39

I can't tell if Natsuo even knows that Rui likes him.

Didn't she flat out tell him after the camping trip?

Zweizer

Banned
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! ch5

Well, at least we can commend on her efforts, I guess.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! ch6

These darn alligators!

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! ch7

Man, bamboos sure are dangerous lol

bobohoro

To Love-Ru Darkness 54

Dang, they actually kissed. Even if this was on accident, this is actually progress for these two lol

Wait, so that really was their first kiss, there wasn't even an accidental one in the original?
I mean, I thought it was, but I still somewhat doubted it based on all the stuff that goes on in this manga.
Doesn't change the fact that Haruna is still the most boring character, only Maron saves her somewhat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder! 77

lolololololol Fate, Negi really changed you didn't he?

Piercing through barriers the way Dana did is no joke. How strong is she?

May 1st? BOOOOOOOO!

Golden Week. Everything is off this week.

I kind of hope they dont get their memories back.

Also a bit confused on the backstory, Ushio and Yamada didnt seem to have any problems based on their flashback when they first came to this school.

Fairy Tail 429 & 430

Mashima must have read my mind as he knew exactly what I wanted. Im glad Gray is back in action and seemingly better than ever. Litrally got fired up from that panel of them all saying that line and then rushing into the masses a few pages later. Fairy Tail is back!

Jintor

I popped into a second-hand bookshop but I couldn't find any Don't Become an Otaku :< :<

I did find a motherlod of Azamune Ryuta stuff tho. I'm not sure I should buy those in the same town where I should teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom