• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Hopefully this gets Prince of Smoke more votes, how can anyone dislike him.
CDYaoX-WIAAkrzv.png

He's incredibly boring

Quixzlizx

Nana to Kaoru 129

I'm kind of salty that Black Label exists, since it means they'll never admit to each other that they want to bone. Seriously, this goes way beyond the usual romance manga cluelessness, considering they're having erotic S&M sessions together.

Soma

Yeah it feels weird trying to come back to the regular Nana to Kaoru series after Black Label wrapped up.

It's like what's the point besides exploring new BDSM scenarios now that you know how the story inevitably ends.

Black Label's existence is so weird. It's like if the sequel series ran at the same time as the first series...and the sequel series also ended BEFORE the first series as well.

Flipping through my recently bought Vol 27 of Toriko and looking at all that art detail in this volume o_O

idk why some people hate this art....... on top of that the hair is ridiculously detailed

To Love-Ru Darkness 49-50

So Lala's mom pretty much runs the whole Deviluke operation? I kinda figured, the dad seems like a bozo.

I wonder if there will ever be a flashback chapter about their dad, or if he will ever visit.

LeleSocho

Banned
Flipping through my recently bought Vol 27 of Toriko and looking at all that art detail in this volume o_O

idk why some people hate this art....... on top of that the hair is ridiculously detailed

It's not a product of its age, with that art (especially the earliest chapters) in the '80s it would have sold a lot but people just don't like this kind of stuff anymore.

It's not a product of its age, with that art (especially the earliest chapters) in the '80s it would have sold a lot but people just don't like this kind of stuff anymore.

true,true

I guess since I like those old retro kinda things I enjoy it immensely

the art doesn't feel lazy compared to modern Shonen series which feel more blank or manufactured

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nana to Kaoru 129

I'm kind of salty that Black Label exists, since it means they'll never admit to each other that they want to bone. Seriously, this goes way beyond the usual romance manga cluelessness, considering they're having erotic S&M sessions together.

they don't bone?

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha mangagaf never change

Droplet

Hero Academia 40

You know, I really like that this takes the "hero" thing and really goes with it as opposed to being just "it's like X but with heroes". Like All Might's "that's what makes you a hero" isn't going to work with ninjas or pirates, and it's nice to see a series where the thematic material can be pushed fairly literally without characters being overbearing about it. It's harder to justify the main character being a good guy when their primary profession is killing people, easier when it's just "being a good guy".

I really hope this series gets a good anime adaption, the art is too expressive and the character designs too interesting for it to get wasted on the normal shit shounen treatment.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Hero Academia 40

I'm honestly really pleases, its my favorite Shounen in years that Jump has had.

random25

Nisekoi 168

And the only progreas they had is...they held hands. And he didn't confess because interruptions cliché. Well done.

But Kosaki's pure love is cute so I'll slightly forgive this. Just slightly. And Marika, just spill the beans to end everybody's misery rather than plot some bs again lol.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 168

Expected that the pendant would come back like that.

At least we have Marika to look forward to.

I'll assume you haven't read upto 48.
Though I do agree slapping is excessive, I have a different opinion but I can't speak any further due to potential spoilage.

I have been rereading Naruto gaiden over and over. Red herring it may be but I cant stop.

Help me someone!

Only read up to 40, even if there's some more back story to this, I can't defend a someone, much less a teacher, initiating a physical assault on someone else in this context.

The slaps were definitely excessive. It wasn't even just one "snap out of it" slap.
The multiple slaps goes to show it wasn't just him losing his head for a second, but that it was in his actual character to physically harm others in a regular basis.

Ultra Battle Satellite 01-04

Time for street fighting to take over Japan. (probably not)

Kid takes part of this secret widespread fighting tournament where you can earn money based off who you beat in a no rules street fighting.

Eh, not bad. It gets too wordy at times and its not even exposition wordiness which probably isn't a good thing. The action's pretty cool, it just feels ok though. Like if it keeps running, good for it, if it gets cancelled oh well.

VRMN

Nisekoi 168

I probably would have dropped this if not for the promise of Marika scheming next week. Once again, Komi undoes basically everything done during the last couple chapters for no particularly good reason. Kosaki is completely useless; that holding his hand is actual progress is pathetic, but...ugh. She's still winning because Marika's a joke competitor and Chitoge's just as bad at approaching Raku.

I'm kind of glad Haru got out when she did; she's too good for this garbage.

To Love-Ru Darkness 51

So from what I can gather, Kotegawa's dream is to settle down with Rito, get pregnant and have a child.

I guess that's purer motives then everyone else

To Love-Ru Darkness 54

All caught up now. Can safely put it as the smuttiest series I've read next to Prison School and Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou.

Kotagawa still the best

I guess with that I'm gonna move out of my smut phase and read something actually worthwhile

Zweizer

Banned
Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane 43
Oh look magic is back! I guess being axed made him bring it back.

It was axed? Damn, that's a shame.

This is half of the reason for my post tbh, the other is just
Kaoru being real grating with this shit now

If
it ends up with them actually being somewhat open to their feelings for each other then maybe i will forgive it in the name of some progress but i might be hoping for too much there lol

In the meanwhile i'll just be in the shadows until this thing blows over (i will ask you Zweizer when it's safe to return if you don't mind)

Yeah I can understand that. I'll let ya know when it gets better~

Yeah it feels weird trying to come back to the regular Nana to Kaoru series after Black Label wrapped up.

It's like what's the point besides exploring new BDSM scenarios now that you know how the story inevitably ends.

It's not about the destination, but the journey!

Plus as long as we get more Tachi I can't complain.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
May be a shot in the dark, but I wonder if any of you guys know of a Mango-like app but for reading in Traditional Chinese? Mango only has manga translated into English, unfortunately :( Surely something similar is made by a Chinese somewhere who wants to read manga in the Chinese language :) thanks!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Vinland Saga 115
Karma be like "surprise motherfucker"

Boku no hero academia 40

Deku might have lose the battle, but he win himself a valuable rival/companion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom