• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
C3hp0kd.jpg

zzfY02O.jpg

I will forever be amazed that Kishi actually took the time to sketch Kiba meeting his cat lady waifu.

And for making Akamaru into a cockblocker.

Shamo end was so fucking bad.

The whole manga when to shit once they lost the author, well at least the art was still great.

Still that fucking ending, doesn't even make any sense what so fucking ever.

Hey they called emergency services and I'm bleeding out I should wait for OH WAIT I'LL WALK INTO A NEX FOREST AND DIE ISNTEAD.

Like seriously, wtf?

Eh, the ballet dancer tourney was legit good. even if sugawara 1.1. Problem was the monkey king arc. And the retardo-bros arc. And giving us hope of good things being on their way with the sugawara recovery chapters. And lolbledtodeath.

But yes, that ending was legit shit. No one that read shamo expected a happy ending, but that thing was nonsense from top to bottom.

No idea why he did the beach "facing your past" scene. Like, you threw away everything pertaining to china because obv the story couldnt progress in a somewhat grounded manner unless you did that, and then you show wukong at the beach? What?

Blood Blockade Battlefront Vol.04

CMdZoEA.jpg

I like that we are going further with the character episodes. Klaus fighting in an underground arena was pretty cool.

But the coolest story in this volume was having the butler chase after villains in a souped up car that fires missiles and everything in between. It looked pretty damn amazing and hopefully that gets adapted.

scy

I've read the first 5 volumes (it's licensed over here) and I like it, though I never got the feeling it was a sequel to some other manga.
First volume gets depressing quick though.

To be fair, I think this depressing thing sticks throughout.

Nordicus

Oh, My Sweet Alien! 1-6 (END)

Married life of a human male and his alien waifu. It's cute but at the same time annoyingly NSFW because the alien woman walks in the nude around the house all the time unless there are guests.

The husband was a surprisingly interesting character. He's not exactly cold, but he's very steady, blunt and adamant about certain things. He will immediately ignore any flirting; he's so, so loyal to his wife that it would not matter if you were the hottest piece of ass in this galaxy or the next, he will shove you aside with an expression that screams "Bitch, get out of my way, I'm going home to bone my wife"

He later almost gets sadistic joy out of denying this ganguro chick. Despite looking a bit boring, the husband really seems like a person who flourishes in front of adversity. He proposed to his wife while trapped to an alien surgery table, just... dayum!

Heart of Thomas (for Icarus-daedalus' reading club)

I can't really say for sure whether I liked it or not. I must confess I've never read something like this before (or any shonen-ai) and this is probably the oldest work I've read, outside of something Tezuka, probably. The artstyle very much reflects the age, but it's not problematic.

I don't have a lot to say, but I'm curious to see what others thought.

Big One

Banned
Pokemon Adventures: Black & White Vol. 1 - 7

Wow this was a pretty damn fun ride overall so far. If this arc has solid closure to it, it could easily be the best arc in the entire series. Very good stuff and feels overall better put together than a lot of the previous arcs.

All the characters are great here, even though I don't understand why they had to turn N into a total creep. But yeah, this is the first time I literally read all of these in a single sitting since I got my G/S boxset, and I'm looking forward to getting the final two volumes of this arc.

I might just read it online, I dunno.

Usobuko

Banned
Never heard of this. Is it any good?

If you are able to read martial arts manga for simply featuring outrageous brutal fights with some crazy build ups here and there, then it might be for you. This is less Holyland, Meguru and Shamo and more Gamaran, Baki and Aiki.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kengan Ashura voted to get anime adaptation

Rankings

60+ chapters in, the author can illustrate kinetic movement and impact very well with his art. Still, this is essentially an over-the-top ( between Aiki and Baki ) fighting tournament that doesn't take itself seriously.

Too bad Mob Psycho didn't win it.
Hmm, i see Kurogane (rank 7) manga got vote as well, and that one is published in my country. I think i'll give it a read.

If you are able to read martial arts manga for simply featuring outrageous brutal fights with some crazy build ups here and there, then it might be for you. This is less Holyland, Meguru and Shamo and more Gamaran, Baki and Aiki.

Yerp, got my curiosity so i had a look. Pretty much baki with better art. Dear gods the writing is corny.

The Breaker New Breaks 200 - End

"hey, i know you gon need to train to go against your teacher, so here, train with this guy that got mad punked by your teacher."

balgajo

Saiki 20-22

Man how I love this series. It's fucking hilarious.

"I thought I smelled squid for a second... I don't know what I'd done if it was squid..."

Big One

Banned
Pokemon Adventures: Black & White COMPLETE

Yeah I went ahead and finished it. I was going to wait but I was really wanting to see what happened.

Wow, ok. Easily the best Pokemon Adventure arc ever. They really did a solid job with this through-and-through with excellent pacing, great characters, and the final battle between N and Black was just fantastic stuff.

Genuinely a load of surprises and very enjoyable read. It ends on a small cliffhanger, but overall I really enjoyed this arc greatly and am looking forward to what happens in B/W2, which unfortunately seems to be quite a bit away from finishing.

Now for arc rankings, from best to worst:
Black/White
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Fire Red/Leaf Green
Ruby/Sapphire
Diamond/Pearl
Yellow
Red/Blue/Green
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Platinum
Emerald?? (I haven't finished it yet but so far very meh)

Mahou Shoujo Kokone wa Kakukatariki 01

Magic has been discovered and the government is hunting down magicians due to their immense powers. Regular girl meets a magical girl being hunted and decides to take upon her role by becoming a magical girl.

So mahou shoujo vs tanks.

6 no Trigger 1-20 (END)
"BANG BANG BANG", the manga. The premise was similar to Killer7 with the multiple assassins in one body setup. It started pretty strongly with some solid dialogue, humour and striped stockings, but then the plot became unnecessarily convoluted, with messy characterisation and a predictably rushed ending. Disappointing overall, if only because of the squandered potential.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul re: 27
<happening intensifies>

But as much I want it to happen, I doubt the author spent 26 chapters on Haise and his crew only to flush him down the drain now. Poor Ken, he has like five different personalities in him now.

Matsuri proving yet again all Washuu's are dicks.

lol Urie

I hope the next arc will be about Touka busting out Arata.

kinger256

Orange 1-19

So much fucking shoujo and here I was expecting a nice seinen romance. What the hell is this?

Why is this in a seinen magazine?

Tower of God

I'm starting to get the feeling Rachel might not be completely evil, either she is being somewhat forced or Bamm might truly be something that should be locked away.

Numb

Anyone know the name of that manga with the vampires that attack the village and abduct people? There is a vampire deer in it at the start and the main dude wants to go and rescue his kidnapped girlfriend.
Read it a while back but it was short so i let it gather some chapters but then forgot the name.

Lain

Anyone know the name of that manga with the vampires that attack the village and abduct people? There is a vampire deer in it at the start and the main dude wants to go and rescue his kidnapped girlfriend.
Read it a while back but it was short so i let it gather some chapters but then forgot the name.

Red Blood Red Legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom