• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Shiori Experience 2
csDVYE6.png
I just get the biggest grin on my face whenever I read this. Jimi and Shiori play off each other so nicely, and man, the art and the paneling is just... man, it's good. Enjoyed the little flashbacks we got into Shiori's old band, and the 'where are they now' was really nicely done. Only thing I'm not sure I'm feeling is the music teacher. It's not a huge problem right now, but her humour isn't really working for me.

Yoakemono 15-16

Well there we have it, wolves beat dragon.

Well that was a rushed ending but overall the series wasn't that bad. Had some good ideas and characters that could have been fleshed out but oh well.

Usobuko

Banned
I mean her art is profound with her gothic and Lovecraftian style, which I highly appreciate.

I only read a bit of D.Gray Man before deciding I don't have time to chase another running battle shounen. To be honest, I quite like that design you posted. I am fond of leanie-meanine looking humanoid boss.

Holy shit, D-Gray Man is still going. Is that the Earl's final form?

Sadly it's still in hiatus, but there still hope for her coming back to the series sometime this year through from what she wrote on her Instagram about something to do with official announcement yet to occur. Plus she has posted art for the series as well. She will return and I'm set on that belief

Here's her Instagram http://www.enjoygram.com/hoshino1000.

I only read a bit of D.Gray Man before deciding I don't have time to chase another running battle shounen. To be honest, I quite like that design you posted. I am fond of leanie-meanine looking humanoid boss.

I quite like the design due to it reminding me of other horror stories, with its demonic and psychotic persona.

Ezalc

Sadly it's still in hiatus, but there still hope for her coming back to the series sometime this year through from what she wrote on her Instagram about something to do with official announcement yet to occur. Plus she has posted art for the series as well. She will return and I'm set on that belief

Here's her Instagram http://www.enjoygram.com/hoshino1000.

I stopped reading it for a while then there were like 50 Noah out of nowhere, and allen went missing for some reason and Kanda was trying to find him along with Johnny I think. That's all I remember. I thought the series was almost over when they found the ark and all that crap but it just got more confusing. I still don't understand what happened with Cross, he's dead?

I stopped reading it for a while then there were like 50 Noah out of nowhere, and allen went missing for some reason and Kanda was trying to find him along with Johnny I think. That's all I remember. I thought the series was almost over when they found the ark and all that crap but it just got more confusing. I still don't understand what happened with Cross, he's dead?

Not really, long & short :
- The war is still ongoing. The ark only gives the exorcist an advantage as an asset.
- Allen is on the run because the 14th is inside him.
- Kanda's trying to find him.
- Cross is presumed dead.
- There's lolpolitics ongoing inside the exorcist order.

There's really all there is to it.

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch41

Predictable results all around. I'd love for Falco to win, but considering the kind of series it is it seems very unlikely.

Arabesque

- The war is still ongoing. The ark only gives the exorcist an advantage as an asset.

I forgot, did Allen seal off the ark before he went on the run, or is the order still able to use it?

Well, they already found him being a clown on the street. Whether he runs away again is another matter.

(Also I think Kanda is now a general?)

Droplet

- Cross is presumed dead.
- There's lolpolitics ongoing inside the exorcist order.

There's really all there is to it.

D. Gray-Man really took a turn for the strange every time the author came back from a hiatus. The art style also changed so drastically it basically became a different manga each time.

It's also been on hiatus for 3 years now. I hope the author is doing alright.

LeleSocho

Banned
I just had a dream about me being mad at an omake Soma chapter that while being totally SFW it had lewd implications.
I just wanted to let you know that i blame this thread for that.

dr labson

Neo Member
A Friendly Orc's Daily Life by Jin

2.jpg

This manga is amazing, it really plays with the usual tropes in hentai.

Sex Manga by Irohara Mitabi

003.jpg

Same as above, I had a good laugh.

Shengar

A Friendly Orc's Daily Life by Jin

http://5.135.166.66:59929/h/00dc6436353a25be605a6d9f47df4af0ceaa5554-162258-600-800-jpg/keystamp=1431170700-8734bf9087/2.jpg[IMG]

This manga is amazing, it really plays with the usual tropes in hentai.
.[/QUOTE]

Conservative orc being conservative.
Still funny though.

I forgot, did Allen seal off the ark before he went on the run, or is the order still able to use it?

I think they're still able to use it, but the series didn't really focus on the exorcist order anymore after Allen left. It shifted to Johnny, Kanda & Allen.

D. Gray-Man really took a turn for the strange every time the author came back from a hiatus. The art style also changed so drastically it basically became a different manga each time.

Personally I don't think the manga has really changed that much. I think the issue is more so of how D.Gray-Man can tonally shift from being light-hearted to being downright grimdark in a flip of a switch, and the manga goes on the deep end over and over in terms of 'how more hearts can I break/suffer.'

I always found D.Gray-Man to be a rather emotionally draining series, and I feel like that part of D.Gray-Man hasn't changed ever since that arc where Allen got coma-ed by that Noah.

wonzo

Banned
Tales of a Charcoal Burner

Surprisingly compelling, really gets you to feel the brooding isolation the protagonist has to deal with as he slaves away making charcoal in post-war Japan with only his vivid imagination and the sights of nature to keep him going.

Shengar

Tales of a Charcoal Burner

Surprisingly compelling, really gets you to feel the brooding isolation the protagonist has to deal with as he slaves away making charcoal in post-war Japan with only his vivid imagination and the sights of nature to keep him going.
Sounds interesting, will checked it out later.

I think they're still able to use it, but the series didn't really focus on the exorcist order anymore after Allen left. It shifted to Johnny, Kanda & Allen.

Personally I don't think the manga has really changed that much. I think the issue is more so of how D.Gray-Man can tonally shift from being light-hearted to being downright grimdark in a flip of a switch, and the manga goes on the deep end over and over in terms of 'how more hearts can I break/suffer.'

I always found D.Gray-Man to be a rather emotionally draining series, and I feel like that part of D.Gray-Man hasn't changed ever since that arc where Allen got coma-ed by that Noah.

D-Gray Man is one the most unique series from Jump that I've read. The way the author expresses dark moments is quite different than other series I've read from Jump. I don't know if the mid 19th century setting was the primary reason for this emotional response but I believe it has to do with her gothic and Lovecraftian artstyle. Plus the characters actually have me care for them every time they went through a hard obstacle as opposed to a series like Naruto or Bleach, where their characters didn't give me an incentive to care about them. Also the enemies she drew always looked threatening in some way.

VRMN

Nisekoi 169

CRAZY

Can Komi stop pretending that he would ever kill off a character? Marika's supposed time limit is irrelevant because even if she is doomed she wouldn't die during the events of the series.

Anyway, Marika is insane in the best way. She's so much fun.

rrc1594

Can Komi stop pretending that he would ever kill off a character? Marika's supposed time limit is irrelevant because even if she is doomed she wouldn't die during the events of the series.

Anyway, Marika is insane in the best way. She's so much fun.

Yeah He's been circling around that topic for couple years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom