• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Sasuke STILL such a massive asshole? Especially with how his entire character was conceived because of a lack of affection? Borderline idiotic in how he treats his own daughter.

It's like Itachi all over again. Blah blah I hate you, blah blah I actually love you but I can't show any emotion because I'm protecting you, blah blah emotional scene and it's all good.

kasane

Why is Sasuke STILL such a massive asshole? Especially with how his entire character was conceived because of a lack of affection? Borderline idiotic in how he treats his own daughter.

It's like Itachi all over again. Blah blah I hate you, blah blah I actually love you but I can't show any emotion because I'm protecting you, blah blah emotional scene and it's all good.

looking for 'character' in naruto

they basically had jack development or basically forced shitty development so dont bother looking for personality or character

Big One

Banned
Just don't read it if it causes that much suffering in you, lol.

Not that I disagree that it's bad :p
I have a completionist attitude for the most part. Keep in mind before I ever did that marathon years back I've already read AND watched Part 1 years before that, so I've already invested a lot of my time in the series, so I might as well finish it.

A Gaiden series like this should be Kishimoto reflecting on what he should've done with the series such as fleshing out the characters of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura that he never did in the original series in favour of stuff like we're seeing in this chapter. Just more nonsensical crap that contributes nothing to the characters, story, setting, the lore of the series.

As much as I'm not really a fan of Sasuke how else would you react when your daughter suddenly appears in the middle of nowhere and you know your enemies are trying to kill you.

looking for 'character' in naruto

they basically had jack development or basically forced shitty development so dont bother looking for personality or character

Oh, I know. I don't know why I delude myself. I think it's because the way this series' started reminded me of the good ol days of Part 1 and my expectations went unchecked.

No more.

As much as I'm not really a fan of Sasuke how else would you react when your daughter suddenly appears in the middle of nowhere and you know your enemies are trying to kill you.
Definitely not by saying "it doesn't concern you", after not having seen your own fucking daughter in years. The guy doesn't appear to have any sort of reaction at all.

Not to mention Naruto and Sasuke are like gods, so what's the threat? Nothing is going to happen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lmao how is it even possible that the plot is about sharingans still with every single Uchiha dead except Sasuke and his daughter. Also lol @ Sasuke being a huge douchebag to his own daughter.

Like, he was a huge douche to all these people because they weren't in his clan but Sarada is his fucking daughter and he's still a giant bag of dicks for no real reason.

I can't believe how mad are you guys at Naruto.

Let it go man, it's obviously not for you anymore. It's like trying to point out storyline flaws in the Power Rangers.

In the end you're raging about something that's written for kids.

Rhapsody

Banned
Horimiya 51

5ORo6Sf.png

It's always great when you see Hori or Miyamura have pretty mean thoughts on other people lol
Funny chapter, lots of good moments. I forgot about that girl that has that crush on Hori. Never liked her though.

Big One

Banned

Let it go man, it's obviously not for you anymore. It's like trying to point out storyline flaws in the Power Rangers.

Honestly even Power Rangers has more coherent continuity and character development than Naruto ever did.

kasane

well i know im doing this to myself

i started something ill continually get curious about it even if its shitty as all hell

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly even Power Rangers has more coherent continuity and character development than Naruto ever did.

Naruto has its own thread now if you really want to get hardcore into flaming it. I'll warn you now your antics won't be well received there.

Lmao how is it even possible that the plot is about sharingans still with every single Uchiha dead except Sasuke and his daughter. Also lol @ Sasuke being a huge douchebag to his own daughter.

Like, he was a huge douche to all these people because they weren't in his clan but Sarada is his fucking daughter and he's still a giant bag of dicks for no real reason.

Seems like Part 1 on not existing in Kishi's mind is still full force here LOLOLOLOL

ffdgh

I'm enjoying the naruto mini series if only for the family drama. Sasuke's first reaction to sadara went as well as expected.
KuGsj.gif

balgajo

JUMP TOC

01 - Black Clover
02 - One Piece
03 - Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
04 - Hinomaru Zumou
05 - Shokugeki no Souma
06 - Haikyuu
07 - Gintama
08 - Saiki Kusuo no Psinan
09 - Nisekoi
10 - Toriko
11 - Kagamigami
12 - Kochikame
13 - UBS
14 - Bleach
15 - Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Cover: World Trigger
Color Pages: Devilyman, Boku no Hero Academia, Lady Justice
Not Ranked: The Dance Manga
Absent: Hiatus x Hiatus

Source: MH

Wtf Black Clover?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto 700+5

Well, stuff's happening. Chouchou's the real hero though. Giving up her favorite snacks in a vain attempt to get Sasuke to stop acting like a dick bag. She da real mvp. ;_;7

I knew the art looked familiar. Same person of Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou.

How is it compared to that?

They are actually dating so I'm sure leaps and bounds :p

JUMP TOC

01 - Black Clover
02 - One Piece
03 - Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
04 - Hinomaru Zumou
05 - Shokugeki no Souma
06 - Haikyuu
07 - Gintama
09 - Nisekoi
10 - Toriko
11 - Kagamigami
12 - Kochikame
13 - UBS
14 - Bleach

Wtf Black Clover?

lol, wow Black Clover

which chapter is this

Arabesque

Also, next issue of Jump will have results for the Soma 1st seat online poll.

Who do you guys think won?

if it doesn't end up being Tadokoro, my guess it is going to be Alice or Soma, though Takumi and Erina have been the longest leads so maybe they took it in the end.

Pretty sure MangaGAF knows both of these

Is the Otome Yokai manga good? I liked the anime but wasn't really a huge fan of it.

Revo

Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference 1

That was an insanely enjoyable first chapter and i'm already hooked and wishing there was more out

Naruto Gaiden

I dunno whats worse, the fact the plot is taking a serious plot 2 turn already tying back to the awful finale, or the fact this chapter basically confirmed that Sakura is the mom of Sarada

Mighty impressed with BLack Clover, every chatpter has been perfect. Now if it can sell well an anime in 2016 will.be guaranteed I hope.

Also, next issue of Jump will have results for the Soma 1st seat online poll.

Who do you guys think won?

if it doesn't end up being Tadokoro, my guess it is going to be Alice or Soma, though Takumi and Erina have been the longest leads so maybe they took it in the end.

Is the Otome Yokai manga good? I liked the anime but wasn't really a huge fan of it.

Taku ought to win, I and others voted everyday for him

bobohoro

I'm already so looking forward to Naruto this week.

KNIM 211-220

Hey, a wild good chapter appears. Akari marriage was sudden, and her trying to get Haruto in bed a bit extreme, but the following night with Takashi and their emotions of light jealousy and deep friendship were pretty well portrayed. The manga, after all, isn't quite so bad when Yuzuki is not around.

KNIM 221-230

So now his friends get offed, in some sense, one after one. I guess I can see the finishing line. Well, at least the pregnancy-shotgunwedding arc is already taken, don't think Haruto/Yuzuki will repeat that now. New neighbour being annoying middle school girl that went mental isn't all too exciting.

random25

One Piece 788

Keep pushing!

Naruto 700+5

Why are they not giving a direct answer to Sarada? They're dragging this drama too long lol

Boku to Kotori-chan 13

Hi-chan having a wet dream lol

bobohoro

Naruto 700+5

9kIhw9j.png

KNIM 231-240

It's kinda sad that Takashi seems to be a better MC than Haruto now. Dude's got his shit together. And is in every good chapter. And got hottest girl.

KNIM 241-243

Was there ever a girl in this story that didn't magically fall for Haruto in the span of two chapters?
Well, at least Sakamoto's doing what a lot of readers wanted to see. Heh.

KNIM 244

All those people telling Haruto he is a creepy stalker and liar, I like it. Oh well, at least he finally got his job after aimlessly stumbling about for 50+ chapters.

KNIM 245-250

Huh, so no pregnancy, cheating or other stuff, just another case of forced long-distance relationship? Talk about boring setup for the final arc. Oh well. And man, the whole thing with Asuka being similar to Yuzuki with breast size being the only differentiator isn't so wrong. Both became the exact same person while dating Haruto, totally replaceable, only Asuka was a more interesting and nice girl before. Which makes the whole switch even more annoying. And seeing her still hung-up about it nearly 4 years after, while everyone else moved on, is kinda sad. Poor Asuka.

Well, I guess I have another ~10 chapters to go.

Toriko

That bacteria is overly convenient..... aww I wanted Starjun to have a new mask :/

Bleach

more reaction/build up

OP

worst chapter of the week...... had to really take a ton of skill to beat that boring Bleach chapter

bobohoro

One Piece 788 & Bleach 628

Them elevator chapters.
Push & Release.

And what's up with Wahrwelt? Couldn't get something like Wahre Welt, Wahrheitswelt or some other, somewhat less wrong German going?

JUMP TOC

01 - Black Clover
02 - One Piece
03 - Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
04 - Hinomaru Zumou
05 - Shokugeki no Souma
06 - Haikyuu
07 - Gintama
09 - Nisekoi
10 - Toriko
11 - Kagamigami
12 - Kochikame
13 - UBS
14 - Bleach

Wtf Black Clover?

This is complete bullshit, holy shit! I would understand if the series was decent but it's complete generic cliched trash. The stuff in it is not even subtle, I mean the author loves forcing shit like showing how stupid the MC is multiple times.

How low Jump has fallen.😒

Shengar

This is complete bullshit, holy shit! I would understand if the series was decent but it's complete generic cliched trash. The stuff in it is not even subtle, I mean the author loves forcing shit like showing how stupid the MC is multiple times.

Haha
Which area Japan have not so fallen? Besides Ancient Magus's Bride that is.

are you actually shocked by the rankings?

WHY? you should know better man ;)))

Kurita

Not everything can be a masterpiece like Tokyo Ghoul

Haha
Which area Japan have not so fallen? Besides Ancient Magus's Bride that is.

The Ancient Magus Bride is one of the few redeeming things of manga at the moment.

are you actually shocked by the rankings?

WHY? you should know better man ;)))

No I'm shocked at Black Clover because it doesn't have a single redeeming quality. It's like Hungry Joker all over again which was a blunt ripoff of D-Gray Man and it didn't have its own identity. At the moment Tabata has good art, but he's a terrible writer.

No I'm shocked at Black Clover because it doesn't have a single redeeming quality. It's like Hungry Joker all over again which was a blunt ripoff of D-Gray Man and it didn't have its own identity. At the moment Tabata has good art, but he's a terrible writer.

Japan has different taste then we do

not always but art that is used for hipness/coolness that tries to reel in all those fan art creators and cosplayers is more important then actual plot

Not everything can be a masterpiece like Tokyo Ghoul

I mean Tokyo Ghoul is published in a Seinen magazine so..... Yeah I love Tokyo Ghoul but I don't think it's a masterpiece. I mean Beserk is better than it.

I mean I'm not even asking for Black Clover to be amazing even being decent would be fine, but as it stands now it's mediocre crap. Maybe it will get better as it progresses but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom